Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
10-31-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(10-31-2013 06:43 AM)morosan Wrote:  HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHz Edition 3GB GDDR5 connected through DVI.
Also I'm using the latest ccc 13.9 Win 8.1 version.

only 120hz, 110hz and 100hz shows (strobed). I tried adding others but when I restart it doesn't change. I uploaded an image hopefully you can look at it.
LightBoost monitors can only strobe at 120/110/100 Hz. Strobing is not possible at 144 Hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 01:06 AM
just installed lightboost. its works fine but I cant turn it off. the option is greyed out. and I understand that you are suppose to install an un-strobed hz rate and I did. in fact I installed all of them in various ways to see if that would work but nothing yet. what would be stopping it from being able to change
11-02-2013, 05:40 AM
If you have an NVIDIA card, make sure GeForce Experience is not installed. GeForce Experience triggers a bug in NVIDIA's driver that can cause problems with installed refresh rates. Samsung Magician also triggers the same bug.

Also, check the device manager under display adapters and make sure there are no mirror drivers or anything other than your video card. Mirror drivers create virtual devices that can interfere with installed refresh rates.
11-02-2013, 06:12 AM (Last edited: 11-02-2013, 06:13 AM by gooksta)
I actually just did this strobelight and it was working great until....

I accidently hit CTRL+T inside of cs:go (counterstrike global offensive) and it shut off the 3d... I cannot seem to get it back on hitting CTRL+T in the game is there anything anyone can suggest that would remedy this? Huh

Edit: I am checking if the 3d is enabled via my monitor menu.

GFX: gtx 650ti superclocked
monitor: asus VG248QE
11-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Strobelight Beta 2 doesn't seem to be working on Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64.

I've had windows 7 (x64) before and it was working perfectly.

I have a VG248QE monitor. When the strobe is turned on, the monitor flickers and the white becomes purplish as usual, but blur is still there.

Is anybody on Windows 8.1 and have it working perfectly fine?

Thanks in advance.
11-02-2013, 03:15 PM
There's no way for Windows 8.1 to cause what you described. If the program starts without any errors, then LightBoost is unlocked. The only other thing that could go wrong is the proper resolution is not being set, in which case the monitor wouldn't be in 3D mode and the colors shouldn't change.

If the monitor's menu shows 3D mode, there shouldn't be any motion blur. If you're seeing a double image effect, that would indicate a frame rate issue and not a problem with the strobing.

You should see a strobing effect if you wave your finger in front of the screen. If the monitor is in 3D mode but it's not strobing, then something weird is going on.
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
(11-02-2013 06:12 AM)gooksta Wrote:  I actually just did this strobelight and it was working great until....

I accidently hit CTRL+T inside of cs:go (counterstrike global offensive) and it shut off the 3d... I cannot seem to get it back on hitting CTRL+T in the game is there anything anyone can suggest that would remedy this? Huh
If you don't have 3D glasses, make sure stereoscopic 3D is not enabled in the NVIDIA control panel.
11-02-2013, 08:51 PM
(11-02-2013 03:21 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 06:12 AM)gooksta Wrote:  I actually just did this strobelight and it was working great until....

If you don't have 3D glasses, make sure stereoscopic 3D is not enabled in the NVIDIA control panel.

In the nvidea settings? If so it is not enabled. The game was working in 3d mode (according to the monitors menu) before i hit ctrl+t or whatever, and now it will not revert back. Sad Any thoughts?
11-02-2013, 10:04 PM
That's weird. Ctrl+T shouldn't have any effect if stereoscopic 3D is not enabled. Is it still like that after rebooting?
11-02-2013, 10:11 PM
(11-02-2013 10:04 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  That's weird. Ctrl+T shouldn't have any effect if stereoscopic 3D is not enabled. Is it still like that after rebooting?

yes, I've rebootted numerous times and just tried installing my gfx drivers. Sad