Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
11-25-2013, 01:33 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(11-25-2013 12:38 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  You need to add a non-strobed refresh rate such as 121 Hz to be able to turn strobing off.

I don't know why the other refresh rates are not showing up, especially since you had it working before. Check the device manager under display adapters and make sure there are no mirror drivers or anything other than your video card.

Something new..........I turned off the computer and when I booted it, everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your replies. Great program!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 03:43 AM (Last edited: 12-03-2013, 03:58 AM by 3MblE)
I have same problem as "grogowar"
Quote:I installed "Strobelight Beta 3 by ToastyX" (checked 120 and 121 Hz, it was checked by default), copied "strobelight.exe" to autoload folder, reloaded computer. After reload I see window with label "No strobed refresh rates found"
Only temporary solution i have is - delete lightboost > reboot > install lightboost > reboot. and it will work until i reboot one more time.

Clean windows install on a new hdd

Win 7 64bit
benQ xl2411t

ps: is there a way to keep your color/gamma calibration settings in fullscreen games with AMD ?
12-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Come on Surround support on Windows 8.1! Smile

EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX Titan SC's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 8941 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround®
12-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey i've tried emailing for support and various forums! so hopefully someone might be able to help me :F

my monitor when I enabled strobelight is stuck on 3D mode... I can't access my OSD options and i need to play with blackbars on cs:go

I've tried pressing ctrl + t

i'm using a benq xl2411t

any help would be greatly appreciated <3[/align]
12-03-2013, 07:42 PM
(11-15-2013 09:57 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 08:04 PM)BxBender Wrote:  In the tool i can change 10-100% brightness, but i cannot use the key for strobelight off. I deinstalled and installed 3 times. Same issue.
Only going into monitor settings and choosing 60hz deaktivate strobelight. I do not see 101 and 121 there?! 100 and 120 give me strobelight mode on again and i can activate it with the tool too.

Any idea how i can get the tool switching strobelight on/off in booth directions???
Strobing off isn't working because the refresh rates aren't available for some reason. 121 Hz and 101 Hz are supposed to be listed in the Windows monitor settings if you installed them. I'm not aware of any issues with installing refresh rates on AMD cards, so I don't know why that's happening to you.

Check the device manager under display adapters and make sure you don't have any mirror drivers or anything else other than your video card.

Make sure "reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays" is NOT enabled in the Catalyst Control Center.

What happens if you only install 120 Hz and 111 Hz? Do they both get listed in the Windows monitor settings or are there other refresh rates listed?

Ompf. I tested it now with beta 2. Same problems. AMD CCC shows me 60,75,100,120hz. Strobelight mode is in 100 and 120 always on. 60 is off. 75 does not work in full hd mode.
12-04-2013, 10:32 AM
I have an issue I hope someone could help me with. I have 3 asus vg248qe monitors attached to my gtx 780. 2 through dvi and one through hdmi. the issue is whenever the hdmi one is enable, lightboost doesnt work on the other two. and whenever i enable lightboost on the other 2, i cant even get the hdmi one to turn on and have to reset the monitors and delete lightboost to get the hdmi one bak up and running. is there anyway to have lightboost work on the 2 monitors but have the hdmi one just not have it but still function as a monitor?
12-04-2013, 09:47 PM
(12-04-2013 10:32 AM)vlps Wrote:  I have an issue I hope someone could help me with. I have 3 asus vg248qe monitors attached to my gtx 780. 2 through dvi and one through hdmi. the issue is whenever the hdmi one is enable, lightboost doesnt work on the other two. and whenever i enable lightboost on the other 2, i cant even get the hdmi one to turn on and have to reset the monitors and delete lightboost to get the hdmi one bak up and running. is there anyway to have lightboost work on the 2 monitors but have the hdmi one just not have it but still function as a monitor?
You need to install 60 Hz for the HDMI monitor to work, or you can use CRU to configure individual monitors: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...tility-CRU

With CRU, the active monitor with the different ID is probably the HDMI monitor. You can reset that monitor by using the "Delete" button and rebooting.
12-04-2013, 10:25 PM (Last edited: 12-04-2013, 10:29 PM by GitDat)
I don't know how I missed out on this technology for a year! The elimination of MOTION BLUR! Do manufacturers not realize what a gold mine this is? Why isn't this being advertised and mass produced?!

I guess people are so used to the motion blur on flat screens that they've forgotten it's there? Is it possible for a manufacturer to create a monitor with this technology but make it even brighter when Lightboost is enabled? That's the only minor disadvantage but other than that it's WIN, WIN, WIN!! Excellent stuff Smile

Any idea when Surround will be fixed with Lightboost on Windows 8.1? I tried with the older recommended drivers but it still wouldn't work. I'm getting ready to load Windows 7 on another hard drive just to be able to see this technology in Surround. I am truly fascinated (if you could not tell) Smile lol

EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX Titan SC's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 8941 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround®
12-05-2013, 02:43 AM (Last edited: 12-05-2013, 03:31 AM by GitDat)
"Note for NVIDIA Surround users: 331.40+ ignores installed refresh rates when Surround is enabled. NVIDIA is looking into the problem. For now, install 327.23 or earlier."

Argh! Now I can't play Battlefield 4 Sad I just can't have my cake & eat it too after installing Windows 7, lol. Hurry up Nvidia!

Does 100Hz strobed have more mouse lag than 120Hz strobed? Vsync enabled on both.

12-05-2013, 07:50 AM
(12-03-2013 07:42 PM)BxBender Wrote:  Ompf. I tested it now with beta 2. Same problems. AMD CCC shows me 60,75,100,120hz. Strobelight mode is in 100 and 120 always on. 60 is off. 75 does not work in full hd mode.
Something on your system is preventing EDID overrides from working properly. I don't know what it could be.