Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
02-05-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(02-04-2014 11:44 PM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  When does Display Intialization happen? I updated my nvidia drivers and had to reinstall strobelight beta4 but when I restarted my machine I never got the initialization windows and everything was working properly. I'm just curious if that's normal?
The monitor only needs to be "unlocked" once unless it loses power. It won't go through the initialization procedure if the monitor is already unlocked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 04:11 AM
(02-03-2014 05:10 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  OK, Now I'm trying to use the program correctly. When I initialize the monitor and reboot the monitor has a pink purple tint to it.
LightBoost monitors lock the color settings in LightBoost mode. Reducing the contrast setting might help a bit.

(02-03-2014 05:10 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  I liked it before when all I had to do was just click brightness the it would just darken the screen a bit and enjoyed the smooth motion. Why did the color change? Is what I was doing before replicable? Because I liked it the simpler way. Thanks
I don't know what you were doing before. If simply setting the brightness activated strobing, then that was a monitor glitch. The program was never meant to be used that way. I don't know how to replicate that because I've never seen that happen with any of the ASUS monitors.

Regardless, Beta 4 didn't change the way that works, so I don't know why it suddenly stopped working for you.
02-08-2014, 10:15 AM
I installed this yesterday. I didn't like it because my VG248QE was so dark so i uninstalled it. Now i have a problem. When I play games, my refresh rate changes to 60 from 144. Can someone help me?
02-09-2014, 11:03 AM
(02-08-2014 10:15 AM)helpmepls Wrote:  I installed this yesterday. I didn't like it because my VG248QE was so dark so i uninstalled it. Now i have a problem. When I play games, my refresh rate changes to 60 from 144. Can someone help me?
Strobelight wouldn't cause the refresh rate to change to 60 Hz, and if you followed the uninstall procedure, then nothing should be left behind. Something else is causing the refresh rate to change. Keep in mind that some games will try to run at 60 Hz, while others will use the desktop refresh rate. If the game has a refresh rate option, make sure it's set to the correct refresh rate.
02-09-2014, 11:05 AM
(02-09-2014 11:03 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 10:15 AM)helpmepls Wrote:  I installed this yesterday. I didn't like it because my VG248QE was so dark so i uninstalled it. Now i have a problem. When I play games, my refresh rate changes to 60 from 144. Can someone help me?
Strobelight wouldn't cause the refresh rate to change to 60 Hz, and if you followed the uninstall procedure, then nothing should be left behind. Something else is causing the refresh rate to change. Keep in mind that some games will try to run at 60 Hz, while others will use the desktop refresh rate. If the game has a refresh rate option, make sure it's set to the correct refresh rate.
Okay, so I did something wrong I guess. I tried to backup but there was an error so I couldn't fix that. Example CSGO doesn't have option to change refresh rate. It now changes it to 60 when I go to play it. Before it was nice & smooth 144hz :/ I hope I find a way to fix that.
02-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Is it because of Lightboost that i cannot change some values in my settings?
Like aspect ratio, some colors or any display settings?
02-10-2014, 10:15 PM
(02-10-2014 08:31 PM)Resine Wrote:  Is it because of Lightboost that i cannot change some values in my settings?
Like aspect ratio, some colors or any display settings?
Yes, LightBoost monitors lock the color and image settings in LightBoost mode.
02-10-2014, 10:16 PM
(02-09-2014 11:05 AM)helpmepls Wrote:  Okay, so I did something wrong I guess. I tried to backup but there was an error so I couldn't fix that. Example CSGO doesn't have option to change refresh rate. It now changes it to 60 when I go to play it. Before it was nice & smooth 144hz :/ I hope I find a way to fix that.
That's weird. CS:GO should use the desktop refresh rate. What video card do you have?
02-11-2014, 01:44 PM
(02-10-2014 10:16 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:05 AM)helpmepls Wrote:  Okay, so I did something wrong I guess. I tried to backup but there was an error so I couldn't fix that. Example CSGO doesn't have option to change refresh rate. It now changes it to 60 when I go to play it. Before it was nice & smooth 144hz :/ I hope I find a way to fix that.
That's weird. CS:GO should use the desktop refresh rate. What video card do you have?
I have 660ti. CS:GO isn't the only game that changes refresh rate. Actually all my games except BF4 changes refresh rate to 60, because BF4 has a setting to change refresh rate. I tried to reinstall Nvidia drivers but that didn't work :/ Luckily I can play CS:GO in borderless windowed mode so it runs in 144hz. But I really want to find a way to fix that still.
02-11-2014, 08:47 PM (Last edited: 02-11-2014, 08:48 PM by mdrejhon)
I've found this often works:

You can use ToastyX Custom Resolution Utility alongside Strobelight -- create a 1920x1079 running at 120Hz LightBoost (with a Vertical Total 1147) and no other refresh rates available. Keep using ToastyX Strobelight for your less stubborn games -- but use your stubborn game's menus to switch to 1920x1079 for the games that are stubborn at going back to 60Hz. This resolution of 1920x1079 would be a single-refresh-rate-only resolution that's forced to run in LightBoost mode.

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
Owner of BlurBusters.com and TestUFO.com