Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
04-03-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
I'm running a BenQ XL2411Z, followed your steps (run the setup, placed the .exe in the startup folder) and upon rebooting the tool pops up. However, it doesn't seem to actually load the tool? On my first try I was at pass 10.000, now I am nearing 8.000 again and there is no end in sight. Did I do anything wrong? I appreciate any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
(04-03-2014 01:42 PM)Powersawer Wrote:  I'm running a BenQ XL2411Z, followed your steps (run the setup, placed the .exe in the startup folder) and upon rebooting the tool pops up. However, it doesn't seem to actually load the tool? On my first try I was at pass 10.000, now I am nearing 8.000 again and there is no end in sight. Did I do anything wrong? I appreciate any help.
As far as I can see it does not work with the XL2411Z and XL2720Z. But you can use this (which I will also try out now): http://www.blurbusters.com/benq/strobe-utility/
04-03-2014, 06:30 PM
(04-03-2014 05:42 PM)Narda534710 Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 01:42 PM)Powersawer Wrote:  I'm running a BenQ XL2411Z, followed your steps (run the setup, placed the .exe in the startup folder) and upon rebooting the tool pops up. However, it doesn't seem to actually load the tool? On my first try I was at pass 10.000, now I am nearing 8.000 again and there is no end in sight. Did I do anything wrong? I appreciate any help.
As far as I can see it does not work with the XL2411Z and XL2720Z. But you can use this (which I will also try out now): http://www.blurbusters.com/benq/strobe-utility/

I'd love to use this, but my monitor has the V1 firmware, which is not supported by this tool Sad
04-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Strobelight doesn't support the Z-series monitors, but those monitors have a built-in strobing feature. If you have the V1 firmware, you should get it replaced by BenQ.
04-05-2014, 10:36 AM
I can see clearly difference in my brightness when i am in the desktop, while switching from non-strobed to strobing, but when i am playing some game and i am using CTRL+ALT+plus/minus to on/off light boost, i can't see any difference in brightness level. Furthermore when i use alt+tab to minimize my game, it takes 10 seconds to do it, while i am using light boost, and only 1 second when i am not using it. It's seems like it's reinitializing displays every time i do it.
When i started using LB first time few months ago i don't remember that issue.
I am using BENQ XL2411T.
04-05-2014, 11:30 PM
(04-05-2014 10:36 AM)Resine Wrote:  I can see clearly difference in my brightness when i am in the desktop, while switching from non-strobed to strobing, but when i am playing some game and i am using CTRL+ALT+plus/minus to on/off light boost, i can't see any difference in brightness level.
Strobing is determined by which refresh rate is active. The hotkeys simply switch refresh rates. You can't switch refresh rates while in a full screen game. You have to switch before starting the game. If the game doesn't use the desktop refresh rate, you have to configure the game to use the refresh rate you want.

If you have an NVIDIA card, check the NVIDIA control panel under "Manage 3D settings" and make sure "Preferred refresh rate" is set to "Application-controlled" and not "Highest available" for your monitor.

If you only have 120 Hz and 121 Hz installed, most games will either use the desktop refresh rate or 120 Hz. Some games will let you manually choose a refresh rate in the options.

(04-05-2014 10:36 AM)Resine Wrote:  Furthermore when i use alt+tab to minimize my game, it takes 10 seconds to do it, while i am using light boost, and only 1 second when i am not using it. It's seems like it's reinitializing displays every time i do it.
If it takes a long time to switch to the desktop, that probably means the desktop and the game are using different refresh rates.
04-06-2014, 11:04 AM
(04-05-2014 11:30 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  If you have an NVIDIA card, check the NVIDIA control panel under "Manage 3D settings" and make sure "Preferred refresh rate" is set to "Application-controlled" and not "Highest available" for your monitor.

Thanks a lot.
04-10-2014, 07:38 AM
The strobe brightness does not seem to be saved, it always switch back to 100% for me.
04-10-2014, 07:27 PM
(04-10-2014 07:38 AM)natostanco Wrote:  The strobe brightness does not seem to be saved, it always switch back to 100% for me.
That's a monitor-specific issue. The monitor is supposed to save the brightness, but some of the BenQ monitors aren't doing that. Try setting it manually in the monitor's menus. I will try to add saving and restoring the brightness in the next version to work around this issue.
04-12-2014, 07:23 AM
hi ToastyX, do you know how to reduce scanlines in LightBoost mode?? i own XL2411T, example, in Diablo 3 when i runing in to left/right bottom corner, scanlines appear on whole screen, at 100hz LighBoost when i runing in to top left/right corner=scanlines appear on whole screen. I'm using 10%LightBoost and 0% Contrast