Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
12-06-2014, 01:59 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
OK this time i rebooted and it worked no error message? any ideas? should i just not care?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 05:00 AM
(12-06-2014 01:59 AM)LordGurciullo Wrote:  OK this time i rebooted and it worked no error message? any ideas? should i just not care?
Sometimes the monitor won't respond for a second if it just turned on or changed resolutions, but the program waits two seconds for the monitor to respond. I guess that's not enough in some cases. I will have to increase the number of retries.
12-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Seems to work with Omega drivers, woo!
12-11-2014, 01:20 AM (Last edited: 12-11-2014, 01:26 AM by TheDummy)
I'm having issues with it. When I'm playing a game called Dragon Nest, it takes multiple key presses for some functions to work. Also, opening up some of the in-game menus like the inventory and skill tree results in weird behavior as if I'm pressing other buttons or something. It's a bit hard to explain.

Basically, hotkeys are unresponsive and I have to wait a second or two before the game can register a consecutive hotkey that I pressed.

I'm not sure if it behaves the same in any other game but even disabling LightBoost and closing Strobelight doesn't fix the issue. I have to restart my computer to fix the bug.

I think I had my Strobelight settings set to 121Hz?

My setup:
Dual Monitors(Asus VW246 @ 1920x1080 60Hz and Asus VG248 @ 1920x1080 144Hz(Primary Display))
AMD R90 with the new Omega drivers. For the record, I also had this issue with the old drivers.
i7 2600k
8GB RAM
12-11-2014, 06:02 AM
(12-11-2014 01:20 AM)TheDummy Wrote:  I'm having issues with it. When I'm playing a game called Dragon Nest, it takes multiple key presses for some functions to work. Also, opening up some of the in-game menus like the inventory and skill tree results in weird behavior as if I'm pressing other buttons or something. It's a bit hard to explain.

Basically, hotkeys are unresponsive and I have to wait a second or two before the game can register a consecutive hotkey that I pressed.
Does the problem still happen if you rename strobelight.exe to strobelight-k0.exe to disable all the hotkeys?

(12-11-2014 01:20 AM)TheDummy Wrote:  I'm not sure if it behaves the same in any other game but even disabling LightBoost and closing Strobelight doesn't fix the issue. I have to restart my computer to fix the bug.
If the problem still happens when strobelight.exe isn't running, then it can't be an issue with Strobelight itself. Some external factor has to be involved for the problem to persist like that. Does the problem only start happening after running strobelight.exe?
12-11-2014, 05:32 PM (Last edited: 12-11-2014, 05:32 PM by Fo0x)
Hello to everybody!
The initialization process can take a few minutes
How much time can it get?
I've got already Pass:24000, and its intializing already for i think 30 min.
Maybe i did something wrong ?
Got 2 monitors: Benq XL2410T, and XL2411Z, trying to install it on 2411Z
Thanks
12-11-2014, 05:53 PM
(12-11-2014 05:32 PM)Fo0x Wrote:  Hello to everybody!
The initialization process can take a few minutes
How much time can it get?
I've got already Pass:24000, and its intializing already for i think 30 min.
Maybe i did something wrong ?
Got 2 monitors: Benq XL2410T, and XL2411Z, trying to install it on 2411Z
Thanks
Strobelight is not compatible with the Z-series monitors. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to skip the initialization process for the XL2411Z only. I will have to add an option for that.
12-11-2014, 05:58 PM
(12-11-2014 05:53 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Strobelight is not compatible with the Z-series monitors. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to skip the initialization process for the XL2411Z only. I will have to add an option for that.

Ah, i see!
Thanks for reply!
12-11-2014, 09:45 PM
(12-11-2014 06:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Does the problem still happen if you rename strobelight.exe to strobelight-k0.exe to disable all the hotkeys?
Renaming to strobelight-k0.exe did not help. The issue still occurs.

(12-11-2014 06:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  If the problem still happens when strobelight.exe isn't running, then it can't be an issue with Strobelight itself. Some external factor has to be involved for the problem to persist like that. Does the problem only start happening after running strobelight.exe?
Yea, I've tested it many times and can verify that it only happens after running strobelight.
12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
(12-11-2014 09:45 PM)TheDummy Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 06:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Does the problem still happen if you rename strobelight.exe to strobelight-k0.exe to disable all the hotkeys?
Renaming to strobelight-k0.exe did not help. The issue still occurs.

(12-11-2014 06:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  If the problem still happens when strobelight.exe isn't running, then it can't be an issue with Strobelight itself. Some external factor has to be involved for the problem to persist like that. Does the problem only start happening after running strobelight.exe?
Yea, I've tested it many times and can verify that it only happens after running strobelight.

Um, that's a Nexon game?
Typical.
Their stupid anti hack crap.
Probably interferes with resident programs like strobelight. since strobelight uses hotkeys.

The "External Issue" is called NEXON. Believe me I dealt with their crap for years with maplestory.

You can use lightboost and have it enabled and just switch it a LB mode in control panel. Just don't run strobelight.