Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
12-14-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(12-11-2014 09:45 PM)TheDummy Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 06:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Does the problem still happen if you rename strobelight.exe to strobelight-k0.exe to disable all the hotkeys?
Renaming to strobelight-k0.exe did not help. The issue still occurs.

(12-11-2014 06:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  If the problem still happens when strobelight.exe isn't running, then it can't be an issue with Strobelight itself. Some external factor has to be involved for the problem to persist like that. Does the problem only start happening after running strobelight.exe?
Yea, I've tested it many times and can verify that it only happens after running strobelight.
I don't see how that's possible. Strobelight doesn't process keyboard input if the hotkeys are disabled, and it can't be affecting keyboard input if it's not running. Something else has to be involved.

For what it's worth, I downloaded Dragon Nest and played around for a bit. I didn't run into any problems navigating the menus or using the keyboard controls with Strobelight running.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2014, 02:44 PM
(12-06-2014 01:57 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:03 AM)quejo Wrote:  i tried to initialize each monitor direcly connected to the video card but asa i connect them to the hub lightboost is disabled.
Once LightBoost is unlocked, it should continue to work as long as the correct refresh rates are available. Have you tried reinstalling the refresh rates after connecting the monitors to the hub? Are the refresh rates available in the Windows screen resolution settings or the Catalyst Control Center?
After unlocking lightboost with lightboost setup with or without the accell hud connected the refresh rates becames available. Im testing with only one monitor connected. Even with refresh rates available i cannot initialize lightboost with the accell hub.
12-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Strobelight was working perfectly for a few days, but recently it started making my FPS go down by quite a lot.(300 FPS -> 60 FPS) Turning strobing off does not help, I have to reset my monitor with the strobelight setup program, and then restart my PC to make my FPS go back up. I formatted my SSD a few days ago, but strobelight was working fine before I did.
12-16-2014, 04:34 PM
(12-16-2014 12:43 PM)nopedk Wrote:  Strobelight was working perfectly for a few days, but recently it started making my FPS go down by quite a lot.(300 FPS -> 60 FPS) Turning strobing off does not help, I have to reset my monitor with the strobelight setup program, and then restart my PC to make my FPS go back up. I formatted my SSD a few days ago, but strobelight was working fine before I did.
Simply having the refresh rates installed shouldn't cause that to happen. If the problem is happening when strobelight.exe isn't running, then there's some other factor involved unrelated to Strobelight.
12-16-2014, 04:37 PM
(12-15-2014 02:44 PM)quejo Wrote:  After unlocking lightboost with lightboost setup with or without the accell hud connected the refresh rates becames available. Im testing with only one monitor connected. Even with refresh rates available i cannot initialize lightboost with the accell hub.
I don't know what you're saying. If the installed refresh rates are available and the monitors were initialized, then LightBoost should be working. The monitors don't need to be initialized again unless the monitors lose power. If you can't initialize the monitors through the hub, then do it through the video card. Then connect the initialized monitors back to the hub without disconnecting the power. Make sure at least one monitor is connected directly to the video card so Strobelight can check if a compatible monitor exists.
12-16-2014, 05:04 PM (Last edited: 12-16-2014, 05:05 PM by TheDummy)
(12-14-2014 08:47 AM)falkentyne Wrote:  Um, that's a Nexon game?
Typical.
Their stupid anti hack crap.
Probably interferes with resident programs like strobelight. since strobelight uses hotkeys.

The "External Issue" is called NEXON. Believe me I dealt with their crap for years with maplestory.

You can use lightboost and have it enabled and just switch it a LB mode in control panel. Just don't run strobelight.
Yea, I don't know why I still put up with Nexon.

I am using a AMD monitor so Lightboost is not built-in. I need Strobelight to use Lightboost.

(12-14-2014 01:11 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I don't see how that's possible. Strobelight doesn't process keyboard input if the hotkeys are disabled, and it can't be affecting keyboard input if it's not running. Something else has to be involved.

For what it's worth, I downloaded Dragon Nest and played around for a bit. I didn't run into any problems navigating the menus or using the keyboard controls with Strobelight running.
Well, I dunno then.

And again, it only occurs with this game. All my other games run fine with Strobelight. I can't think of anything I'm running that could cause a problem that only happens with Strobelight + Dragon Nest.

Are you EU or NA ToastyX? I only ask because NA uses HackShield and EU uses Gameguard. I play in NA so the issue may be with HackShield.

Thanks for all the help.
12-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Hmm good point
If ToastyX is in EU, that explains everything.
Even though I've personally been *BANNED* By gameguard in maplestory, back in late 2007, because gameguard updated while I was still running the game (so my GG was not updated) and the update blacklisted Ati Tray Tools (Raphook.dll), and since my gg version was not yet updated to kick me off: bam: banned.
I raised up a massive stint on Nexon's phones.I was even given a 10k NX card because I was so angry.

A GM saw the forum post about me being banned, checked and saw that raphook.dll triggered the ban but it wasn't part of a real hacking tool (just a d3d hooker for Ati tray tools osd/monitoring) so I was unbanned by the next day. But wow...

Funny enough, when maplestory 'upgraded' to hackshield, ati tray tools was allowed again.
But another hackshield game blacklisted ati tray tools AGAIN (Crossfire? NOT the AMD tech--the FPS game) or Combat arms...tbh I think it was Crossfire....

I did run maplestory a little bit, in 2013, with VG248QE and strobelight but I don't think I was ever kicked, actually maybe I didn't...actually no...I ran maple before strobelight had been released...then only ran it again after I got my XL2720Z

I do have it installed. I could try running it after the server check, but I think it uses nexon guard now, instead of hackshield?
12-18-2014, 06:16 AM
(12-16-2014 04:37 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-15-2014 02:44 PM)quejo Wrote:  After unlocking lightboost with lightboost setup with or without the accell hud connected the refresh rates becames available. Im testing with only one monitor connected. Even with refresh rates available i cannot initialize lightboost with the accell hub.
I don't know what you're saying. If the installed refresh rates are available and the monitors were initialized, then LightBoost should be working. The monitors don't need to be initialized again unless the monitors lose power. If you can't initialize the monitors through the hub, then do it through the video card. Then connect the initialized monitors back to the hub without disconnecting the power. Make sure at least one monitor is connected directly to the video card so Strobelight can check if a compatible monitor exists.
found the problem one of my monitors is defective. I just want to figure out why i cant initialize the monitors if i connect them only by the hub
12-18-2014, 02:42 PM
(12-16-2014 05:04 PM)TheDummy Wrote:  I am using a AMD monitor so Lightboost is not built-in. I need Strobelight to use Lightboost.
LightBoost will continue to work without running strobelight.exe as long as the refresh rates are installed and the monitors have been initialized. The monitors don't need to be initialized again unless the monitors lose power.

(12-16-2014 05:04 PM)TheDummy Wrote:  Are you EU or NA ToastyX? I only ask because NA uses HackShield and EU uses Gameguard. I play in NA so the issue may be with HackShield.
I'm in NA (US) and saw the HackShield logo.

(12-17-2014 07:45 AM)falkentyne Wrote:  Hmm good point
If ToastyX is in EU, that explains everything.
It wouldn't explain anything because it shouldn't continue to happen after exiting strobelight.exe unless it's somehow affecting something running in the background.
12-18-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't understand what could be affecting it then. This is my process tree.

[Image: WEU0ugX.jpg]

I don't see anything that looks unusual.