Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
05-08-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(05-08-2015 10:42 PM)astrix_au Wrote:  Does the Lightboost work with Catalyst 15.4? I have a Asus ROG Swift and 2x MSI R9 290X Gaming 4g OC.
Yes, but it's not compatible with the Swift.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2015, 06:36 PM
I'm having an issue when using Strobelight on a dual monitor setup. I have a 144hz asus VG248QE, and an acer 60hz 1080p monitor. I can't use the strobing feature on my 144hz monitor without disabling the second 60hz monitor. I have installed the 120hz strobe, 144hz, and 60hz options, but when I enable strobing the second monitor says "input not supported".
Do you know any way where I can have 120hz strobe on the first monitor and 60hz non-strobe on the second?
05-22-2015, 03:41 AM
(05-21-2015 06:36 PM)Lazypanda Wrote:  I'm having an issue when using Strobelight on a dual monitor setup. I have a 144hz asus VG248QE, and an acer 60hz 1080p monitor. I can't use the strobing feature on my 144hz monitor without disabling the second 60hz monitor. I have installed the 120hz strobe, 144hz, and 60hz options, but when I enable strobing the second monitor says "input not supported".
Do you know any way where I can have 120hz strobe on the first monitor and 60hz non-strobe on the second?
That shouldn't happen unless you also installed the refresh rates on the Acer. Use strobelight-setup.exe to reset the Acer just to make sure.
05-22-2015, 04:24 AM
(05-22-2015 03:41 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 06:36 PM)Lazypanda Wrote:  -snip-
That shouldn't happen unless you also installed the refresh rates on the Acer. Use strobelight-setup.exe to reset the Acer just to make sure.
I just tried that and it didn't seem to fix the issue. With strobing on and off the second acer monitor does not work. I have to manually go into my nvidia control panel and change the second monitor from 120 or 144hz to 60hz. However I'm not positive if strobing stays on when I do this, as the strobelight tray icon indicates strobing is turned off when I do this, but the monitor appears to have it turned on.
05-22-2015, 12:29 PM
(05-22-2015 04:24 AM)Lazypanda Wrote:  I just tried that and it didn't seem to fix the issue. With strobing on and off the second acer monitor does not work. I have to manually go into my nvidia control panel and change the second monitor from 120 or 144hz to 60hz.
This doesn't make sense. The Acer should not have 120 or 144 Hz unless you installed the refresh rates on it. Did you reboot after resetting the Acer?

(05-22-2015 04:24 AM)Lazypanda Wrote:  However I'm not positive if strobing stays on when I do this, as the strobelight tray icon indicates strobing is turned off when I do this, but the monitor appears to have it turned on.
The icon is just a refresh rate indicator. There's no way to determine the actual strobing state through software. The Acer wouldn't affect the icon if it didn't have 120 Hz.
05-22-2015, 06:55 PM
(05-22-2015 12:29 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 04:24 AM)Lazypanda Wrote:  I just tried that and it didn't seem to fix the issue. With strobing on and off the second acer monitor does not work. I have to manually go into my nvidia control panel and change the second monitor from 120 or 144hz to 60hz.
This doesn't make sense. The Acer should not have 120 or 144 Hz unless you installed the refresh rates on it. Did you reboot after resetting the Acer?

Yes, I have tried uninstalling/resetting the acer monitor twice and rebooted both times. The monitor still automatically sets itself to 120hz and I have to manually set it to 60hz for the display to work.
05-23-2015, 04:26 PM
(05-22-2015 06:55 PM)Lazypanda Wrote:  Yes, I have tried uninstalling/resetting the acer monitor twice and rebooted both times. The monitor still automatically sets itself to 120hz and I have to manually set it to 60hz for the display to work.
I don't see how that can happen unless there's a bug in the setup program or the graphics driver. Use CRU to check what resolutions are defined for the Acer. If you don't see a ** next to the monitor name, then the setup program is working properly and didn't affect the Acer. If you don't see 120 or 144 Hz anywhere, then NVIDIA's driver is doing something really weird. I've never heard of this happening before. The settings for one monitor shouldn't affect another monitor.
05-24-2015, 07:21 PM (Last edited: 05-24-2015, 07:29 PM by armindonext)
hello, this is my first post

i have been using easy lightstrobe to play games in my benq xl2420t
it was incredible results in my old graphics card gtx 580.
wen i changed to my new graphics card gtx 980 it stop working properly
it activates the lightscrobe backlight and 3d, but in the unfo test and playing games its messed up, it looks worst then disabled.
it looks like stuttering

please if there is any solution any fix. anything i can do to bypass patch or correct this issue? tell me please. i'm desperate. i just got my monitor and i wold like to play whit awsome hack on.

anything i can do to help?

ty in advance

ps: i will buy one working program if i have to, i just dono were to go. any help wold be apreciated. sorry for posting this in a 2 years old tread
05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Hi all

I have strobelight installed on my Asus VG248QE monitor which I DO NOT currently use for 3D at the moment.

But if im honest I cannot see any difference or anything, I mean what isit actually suppose to do, isit suppose make my movies or games look better.

Also Iv been trying to redownload it as I need to make sure the 144hz refresh rate thing is install with it,

problem is the zip file downloads but the two files just are named S

and when I click on either of them I cannot execute them, does anybody know the reason behind this?
05-25-2015, 10:28 PM
(05-25-2015 01:47 PM)arnieA380 Wrote:  I have strobelight installed on my Asus VG248QE monitor which I DO NOT currently use for 3D at the moment.

But if im honest I cannot see any difference or anything, I mean what isit actually suppose to do, isit suppose make my movies or games look better.
It's supposed to reduce motion blur: http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-b...boost-faq/

(05-25-2015 01:47 PM)arnieA380 Wrote:  Also Iv been trying to redownload it as I need to make sure the 144hz refresh rate thing is install with it,

problem is the zip file downloads but the two files just are named S

and when I click on either of them I cannot execute them, does anybody know the reason behind this?
What are you using to unzip the file? Whatever you're using is broken. One of the files should be strobelight.exe and the other should be strobelight-setup.exe.