Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
09-11-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(09-11-2015 06:14 AM)Wizard Wrote:  Where do I get this debug.exe thing you guys are all using? I'd like to see if it can help my problem at all.

Oh, just rename the file.
You add -debug at the end of the original name.
so strobelight.exe ->strobelight-debug.exe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 03:30 AM
(09-11-2015 01:50 PM)falkentyne Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 06:14 AM)Wizard Wrote:  Where do I get this debug.exe thing you guys are all using? I'd like to see if it can help my problem at all.

Oh, just rename the file.
You add -debug at the end of the original name.
so strobelight.exe ->strobelight-debug.exe

Thanks man, I'm going to try that now Big Grin
09-13-2015, 09:57 PM
(09-07-2015 08:49 AM)Admos123 Wrote:  Hey guys!

The LightBoost app doesnt work for me.

I reboot my pc after installing the refresh rates and it says: "No compatible displays found"

Im on an ASUS VG278HE; AMD R9 290; Win 8.1; Catalyst-Version: 14.12 (note: it isnt the latest graphics driver, (15.71))

I did the debug.exe thing, heres the code:

[2015-09-07 10:40:16.159] LOAD(AMD): LoadLibrary("atiadlxx.dll") = SUCCESS
[2015-09-07 10:40:16.163] LOAD(AMD): ADL_Main_Control_Create() = SUCCESS
[2015-09-07 10:40:16.163] LOAD(NVIDIA): NvAPI_Initialize() = ERROR -2
[2015-09-07 10:40:16.231] INIT: No compatible displays found.

I hope this includes everything you need to know!
Pls help m8z.

I updated the graphics driver to 15.8. It does now work!
09-14-2015, 03:53 AM
I installed a fresh Windows 10 OS on my system and found a weird bug with Strobelight. Well, when I come from a standard boot process of Windows stroblight does one of two things randomly:

1.) Triggers properly (strobelight mode with green 3D LED turned on my my BenQ XL2420TX) at the logon screen, no problems whatsoever. When I logon using my username and password, it stay at strobelight mode and would function without any problems.

2.) Strobelight is off at the logon screen and would not turn on until I logon using my username and password. What's more weird is that after I logon and wait for a few seconds, it flashes the screen black for a few seconds before strobelight mode activates (very similar to when enabling 3D mode coming from standard mode which I know that it is in fact what strobelight does).

What gives?
09-14-2015, 12:04 PM
(09-14-2015 03:53 AM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  I installed a fresh Windows 10 OS on my system and found a weird bug with Strobelight. Well, when I come from a standard boot process of Windows stroblight does one of two things randomly:

1.) Triggers properly (strobelight mode with green 3D LED turned on my my BenQ XL2420TX) at the logon screen, no problems whatsoever. When I logon using my username and password, it stay at strobelight mode and would function without any problems.

2.) Strobelight is off at the logon screen and would not turn on until I logon using my username and password. What's more weird is that after I logon and wait for a few seconds, it flashes the screen black for a few seconds before strobelight mode activates (very similar to when enabling 3D mode coming from standard mode which I know that it is in fact what strobelight does).

What gives?
That doesn't sound like a Strobelight issue. Strobelight can't control what happens at the logon screen. It's not even running at that point. Windows probably just uses the last refresh rate that was set.

Strobelight starts after you log in. If strobing is off when it starts, it will automatically switch refresh rates to activate strobing, which is why the screen flashes black.
09-14-2015, 05:06 PM (Last edited: 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM by kevindd992002)
(09-14-2015 12:04 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 03:53 AM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  I installed a fresh Windows 10 OS on my system and found a weird bug with Strobelight. Well, when I come from a standard boot process of Windows stroblight does one of two things randomly:

What gives?
That doesn't sound like a Strobelight issue. Strobelight can't control what happens at the logon screen. It's not even running at that point. Windows probably just uses the last refresh rate that was set.

Strobelight starts after you log in. If strobing is off when it starts, it will automatically switch refresh rates to activate strobing, which is why the screen flashes black.

Well, that last refresh rate set was 121 Hz (I use the swapped version) before a restart on the computer. Do you have any ideas why it happens randomly? And how will Windows start at 3D mode if not for strobelight.exe? It's just that scenario 2 adds to boot time significantly.
09-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Are you using an AMD card?

I've seen AMD Drivers do weird stuff with refresh rates that were similar to each other.

For example, I set a 99hz refresh rate for 100hz Lightboost strobing (had to set 99hz instead of 99.5 as 99.5 overwrites the 100hz I already have). I have a separate 100hz refresh rate for benq blur reduction (vertical total 1502).

Sometimes when selecting my 99hz lightboost resolution, it doesn't enter 3D mode. Maybe 1 time out of 10, it doesn't enter 3D. 9 times out of 10 it does.

Same thing happens at my 120hz and 121hz custom resolutions also (the 121hz is 120.5 actually). Sometimes it uses the 120hz one instead of the 121hz :/
09-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Nope, I'm using NVIDIA. I've never had this problem pre-Windows 10.
09-16-2015, 08:47 AM
BUMP! ToastyX, any help?
09-16-2015, 02:31 PM
(09-14-2015 05:06 PM)kevindd992002 Wrote:  Well, that last refresh rate set was 121 Hz (I use the swapped version) before a restart on the computer. Do you have any ideas why it happens randomly? And how will Windows start at 3D mode if not for strobelight.exe? It's just that scenario 2 adds to boot time significantly.
After Strobelight unlocks 3D mode, the strobing is controlled by the installed refresh rates. Strobelight doesn't control what refresh rate the logon screen uses. I would expect it to use either the last set refresh rate or the first detailed resolution, which should be strobed. If that's not happening, then I don't know.

Try running the reset-all.exe that comes with CRU, and then run restart.exe. That will reset the Windows screen resolution settings. Then reinstall the refresh rates and reboot. If that doesn't help, then there isn't much I can do about this. I don't even consider this a problem. Strobelight was meant to run after logging in.