Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
07-24-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(07-24-2013 03:06 PM)shankly1985 Wrote:  If they is a game witch pushes my system BF3, Metro LL where my frame rate is up and down 80 to 120 etc is LightBoost not worth using on theses games?
LightBoost is still beneficial at framerates approximately above half your refresh rate. Ideally, you want triple-digit framerates, as LightBoost makes your monitor strobe like a 120Hz CRT. (or 100Hz CRT)

You can do tests at www.testufo.com and turn LightBoost ON/OFF while using this website. Make sure to use a supported web browser.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2013, 10:32 PM
(07-24-2013 12:50 PM)shankly1985 Wrote:  Is it normal for my monitor display settings to only allow lightboost to be changed? You know the settings on the monitor itself.
I can change Lightboost 0-max and contrast, but the colour settings have gone?
Yes, that's normal. LightBoost monitors disable color adjustments in 3D mode.
07-25-2013, 04:45 AM (Last edited: 07-25-2013, 04:47 AM by mdrejhon)
(07-24-2013 12:50 PM)shankly1985 Wrote:  Is it normal for my monitor display settings to only allow lightboost to be changed? You know the settings on the monitor itself. I can change Lightboost 0-max and contrast, but the colour settings have gone?
This is a LightBoost restriction.
To fix LightBoost color, adjust Desktop Color settings in nVidia Control Panel:

nVidia Control Panel Gamma = 0.70
nVidia Control Panel Brightness = 52
nVidia Control Panel Contrast = 45
(Do not touch Digital Vibrance unless you're desparate)

This is darker but lowering gamma to 0.70 cause the colors to be far more saturated while still seeing all the colors in Lagom Contrast and Lagom Black Level, with no color clipping (which Digital Vibrance can cause). If you really prefer a brighter image at the numbers are too dark, use these nVidia Control Panel numbers instead: (Gamma=0.85, Brightness=50, Contrast=47)

For monitor Contrast, ideally set contrast to close to the white clipping point, but not too close to it (or you can color tint problems, such as a purple tint). For ASUS VG278H, set Contrast=90%, it makes LightBoost color look much better.

More information in the LightBoost FAQ:
www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/faq
07-25-2013, 07:11 AM
Is there a similar list of values but for AMD? And a color profile changing program maybe?
I have XL2411T
07-25-2013, 11:56 AM
(07-25-2013 04:45 AM)mdrejhon Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 12:50 PM)shankly1985 Wrote:  Is it normal for my monitor display settings to only allow lightboost to be changed? You know the settings on the monitor itself. I can change Lightboost 0-max and contrast, but the colour settings have gone?
This is a LightBoost restriction.
To fix LightBoost color, adjust Desktop Color settings in nVidia Control Panel:

nVidia Control Panel Gamma = 0.70
nVidia Control Panel Brightness = 52
nVidia Control Panel Contrast = 45
(Do not touch Digital Vibrance unless you're desparate)

This is darker but lowering gamma to 0.70 cause the colors to be far more saturated while still seeing all the colors in Lagom Contrast and Lagom Black Level, with no color clipping (which Digital Vibrance can cause). If you really prefer a brighter image at the numbers are too dark, use these nVidia Control Panel numbers instead: (Gamma=0.85, Brightness=50, Contrast=47)

For monitor Contrast, ideally set contrast to close to the white clipping point, but not too close to it (or you can color tint problems, such as a purple tint). For ASUS VG278H, set Contrast=90%, it makes LightBoost color look much better.

More information in the LightBoost FAQ:
www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/faq

Anything for AMD CCC settings? I noticed I was getting ghosting with Contrst at 50% if I higher this to 56% monitor settings it removes this but, then contrst seems to high.
Thanks
07-27-2013, 02:34 AM (Last edited: 07-27-2013, 02:45 AM by SaorAlba)
Hue = 6
Saturation = 122
Brightness = -17
Contrast = 132
Temperature = 10000k with Flux on or about 4700k without Flux on.
07-28-2013, 02:47 AM
(07-27-2013 02:34 AM)SaorAlba Wrote:  Hue = 6
Saturation = 122
Brightness = -17
Contrast = 132

Thanks.
07-30-2013, 01:08 PM
(07-27-2013 02:34 AM)SaorAlba Wrote:  Hue = 6
Saturation = 122
Brightness = -17
Contrast = 132
Can you see all the color squares individually?
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php

The best way to fix LightBoost saturation problem is to lower the gamma, instead of raising the saturation. That way, you keep all the color squares. What gamma setting are you currently using in AMD CCC?
08-01-2013, 08:56 AM (Last edited: 08-01-2013, 09:02 AM by LordGurciullo)
Hey Toasty. People like you are what continue to make pc gaming not just beyond superior to consoles, but taken to a whole nother dimension.

Quick questions though please.

1. I did the ufo test before doing anything... and it seems MORE BLURRY with strobe DISABLED then it did when it was factory?? is that in my head ( or did you do something cool to make the effect even more noticable? Smile?
2. Is it really that freaking different. difference on the ufo test is night and day beyond belief... (but like im saying i dont remember the default factory being as blurry as it is now with strobe DISABLED)
3. Do i need to mess with nvidia 3d thing? and set that up? How can i optimize games? The brightness settings are grayed out.

Thanks,
Lord
PS - In control panel it doesn't show its enabled (do we care)? the check box *enable stereoscopic 3d* is unchecked...
08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Hello guys,

this software is awesome, but i am having some problems with Battlefield 3.

I installed the refresh rates 120 Hz (strobed) and 121 Hz (non strobed).

After puting the strobelight.exe in the Autostart menu my monitor got initialized and i saw that 3D light on my BenQ XL2420T is ON.

After that i tried to play BF3 but the 3D light on the Monitor goes everytime OFF. I looked at the game options and the refresh rate is on 120 Hz.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the responses