Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
08-06-2018, 09:57 PM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(08-03-2018 12:24 AM)madaf Wrote:  EDIT: I went ahead and did a manual override on the EDID to force strobing on startup. I would much rather use your tool but I sometimes forget to toggle manually and I go on playing with a color profile I calibrated for strobing.
Strobelight setup creates EDID overrides. What did you change to force strobing on startup?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Does this program work for a PS4? I have the ASUS VG248QE. I ran the program via DP cable on windows system, I believe I have done it correctly as the light boost option is available under the monitor menu and running the blur test screen looks great and blur free. I then switch the input to HDMI for the PS4, however I do not see any flickering at all.
09-24-2018, 07:09 PM
(09-24-2018 05:25 PM)oldmanstilltrying Wrote:  Does this program work for a PS4? I have the ASUS VG248QE. I ran the program via DP cable on windows system, I believe I have done it correctly as the light boost option is available under the monitor menu and running the blur test screen looks great and blur free. I then switch the input to HDMI for the PS4, however I do not see any flickering at all.
LightBoost only works with certain refresh rates with specific timing parameters that the PS4 doesn't provide, and the monitor doesn't do LightBoost with HDMI either.
09-24-2018, 10:19 PM
(09-24-2018 07:09 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 05:25 PM)oldmanstilltrying Wrote:  Does this program work for a PS4? I have the ASUS VG248QE. I ran the program via DP cable on windows system, I believe I have done it correctly as the light boost option is available under the monitor menu and running the blur test screen looks great and blur free. I then switch the input to HDMI for the PS4, however I do not see any flickering at all.
LightBoost only works with certain refresh rates with specific timing parameters that the PS4 doesn't provide, and the monitor doesn't do LightBoost with HDMI either.

Thank you for the response and information, much appreciated.
11-28-2018, 04:22 AM
hello people - looks like i have the worst combination for trying out light boost according to the FAQ section. i have a new Acer GN246HL and a RX480.

in the notes it says RX480 won't work with DVI (dula DVI too i assume?) and I don't have a Display Port on the monitor aaannd lightboost doesn't work with HDMI as far as i read - so am I screwed until I get a new video card??? or would I be a candidate to use CRU or some other method. Thanks ahead of time!
11-29-2018, 01:33 AM
(11-28-2018 04:22 AM)1q3er5 Wrote:  hello people - looks like i have the worst combination for trying out light boost according to the FAQ section. i have a new Acer GN246HL and a RX480.

in the notes it says RX480 won't work with DVI (dula DVI too i assume?) and I don't have a Display Port on the monitor aaannd lightboost doesn't work with HDMI as far as i read - so am I screwed until I get a new video card??? or would I be a candidate to use CRU or some other method. Thanks ahead of time!
I heard the Acer GN246HL might not need to be unlocked for LightBoost to work. Try installing the refresh rates with the setup program and see if LightBoost is active at 120 Hz. The main program won't work, but that's only for unlocking LightBoost and switching refresh rates.