Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
09-10-2013, 10:16 AM (Last edited: 09-10-2013, 10:17 AM by boyka)
Sad RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
Hi ToastyX, I don't know how this could happen too, I tested many times always with the same result ...
I have windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits, and my GPU is one Asus gtx 580 directcu ii, my GPU has two connections ports (DVI) and I tested with both but no way!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
Try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver without GeForce Experience by using the custom install option. Then run strobelight-setup.exe again. See if that makes a difference.
09-11-2013, 06:02 PM (Last edited: 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM by shibbrich)
hey!

im useing the Benq XL2411t and it works, but i wonder why it changes the color quality? can you help me with that?

edit: it kinda looks like it gets more reddish
09-12-2013, 11:39 PM
That's a monitor limitation. The colors can't be adjusted in LightBoost mode. You'll have to use the video card's control panel to adjust the colors, but that won't work with many games. This might help with some games: http://goebish.free.fr/cpk/
09-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks so much Toasty! Kudos to you!

I first didn't notice the difference it makes (moving mouse cursor on the desktop from left to right on a black background. Maybe that's not a appropriate test ) but running the ufo test opened my eyes.

(09-09-2013 02:04 PM)boyka Wrote:  I have tested on my BenQ XL2420T and it's working properly, I just have one problem...

I'm having trouble for starting windows with strobing off.
As mentioned in your instructions, adding "strobelight-off.exe" to the startup folder should disable strobing.

However, If I booting into Windows, with default strobelight.exe, lightboost Work's good and the Strobing off option, works too...
If I booting with the strobelight-off option I get a weird res and get "incorrect cable type message" in the OSD from my monitor!

If I exit Strobelight with strobing on and run strobelight-off.exe manually, it turn strobing off without any problems!
But If I restart the computer i have the problem explained above...

My monitor is connected with a DVI Dual Link cable, Strobelight is running on startup (with the two methods, strobelight.exe and strobelight-off.exe)
and there is only one copy in the startup folder.

So, no chance to starting windows with strobing off?

Had this problem too. Do not know what from the steps resolved the issue but maybe it helps you:

1. Deinstalled geforce experience
2. Installed latest beta driver again but without geforce experience (clean installation)
2.1 Run the 3d vision setup wizard
3. Reboot
4. Put strobe beta on the same device like the windows installation (was on another before)
5. Put strobe beta exe in the autostart folder (hadn't done this before, was starting it manually)
6. Run the setup exe and installed the refresh rates
7. Reboot again and now I can turn strobing off

(Asus vg278h, Titan SLI)
09-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi an0nym, thanks for your wise advice I appreciate it!
However I decided to wait for the release version (WHQL) from nvidea drivers and test it again with your steps above...

Anyway someone can clarify me if the fact that the iGPU is activated has some influence on this problem?
This was just an idea that came to my mind, and I judge that this detail was never discussed in this topic, this may have some influence or it's something to discard?
09-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Is there a mirror for the download for this? I'm not able to download the link on page 1 here.
09-15-2013, 01:25 AM (Last edited: 09-15-2013, 01:29 AM by ikjadoon)
1) Love the app. BF3 is automatically made awesome!

2) Does this program use AutoHotKey or one of its libraries or anything? I got kicked from BF3 with the error: "RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [89246]".

[Image: lpUAcqs.png]

After Google'ing, it seems to be related primarily with AHK. I had never gotten the error on my laptop, but I just built the desktop and Strobelight seems to be the only new program I'm using. And it does use hotkeys, so I was just curious. But, it could be many other things, too--I just want to figure it out methodically.

I am updating PB now to see if it helps. It only occurred 1.5 hours after playing, so not an insta-kick.
09-15-2013, 05:32 AM
(09-15-2013 01:25 AM)ikjadoon Wrote:  Does this program use AutoHotKey or one of its libraries or anything?
No, the hotkeys are my own implementation. It uses a low-level keyboard hook to prevent hotkeys from passing through to other programs, but it doesn't alter input otherwise.
09-15-2013, 02:06 PM
(09-15-2013 05:32 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-15-2013 01:25 AM)ikjadoon Wrote:  Does this program use AutoHotKey or one of its libraries or anything?
No, the hotkeys are my own implementation. It uses a low-level keyboard hook to prevent hotkeys from passing through to other programs, but it doesn't alter input otherwise.

Got it.

OK, so even though I said was going to be methodical, lol, I had to get the game running solid for a LAN conference, so I just used CRU + updated PB (same time...I know, not scientific!) and I gamed successfully for 3+ hours.

If it happens again, I'll know for sure it wasn't PB being over-active as usual on Strobelight, but AFAIK, I don't think they can detect low-level things, anyways.

CRU works great, too, particularly if you don't want to switch modes or anything. Pleasantly surprised! Smile Noticed you wrote it, too, and thought, "this guy is good."

Thank you for the wonderful programs...just sent a donation! Smile

~Ibrahim~