bios not showing
09-12-2012, 04:55 AM
bios not showing
I just got a 680 and am running 301.42 drivers. Previously I had a 5870 and was unable to see the bios due to the known issue. However my 680 will not show the bios when my 2B is in the preferred monitor port on my 680. My 2B will show the bios when it is plugged into the non-preferred port. I swapped 2B monitors with a friend. His Catleap on my computer displayed the bios in the preferred monitor port and my Catleap on his computer did not. When we switched back his Catleap displayed the bios and mine did not. My 2B shows an illuminated screen during bios posting and then it shows the windows start up. I tried switching dvi cables and still had the same result.

Does anyone have any insight into why this might be happening or a possible fix?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: bios not showing
I don't know why that would happen. The only thing that could be different between the two monitors is the EDID, but if the monitor works in Windows, then I don't see why it wouldn't show the BIOS. The video card is supposed to scale the BIOS to the native resolution.
09-13-2012, 06:23 AM
RE: bios not showing
Thanks,

that pretty much means the only thing that could be going on is a damaged pcb.