green screen on tv and unsupported resolution
11-20-2022, 10:34 AM
green screen on tv and unsupported resolution
hey guys i dont know what i messed up in CRU i use hdmi with my laptop to connect with my tv to play games it worked like charm before on 1920x1080 resolution 60hz but somehow i dont what i changed and now its not display my screen on tv and says unsupported signal or sometimes if it works on lowest resolution then too with some greeny pixels !!! pls someone intelligent help me with this thing !! thanks in advance !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2022, 02:15 AM
RE: green screen on tv and unsupported resolution
Did you run reset-all.exe and reboot?
11-21-2022, 02:32 AM (Last edited: 11-21-2022, 02:37 AM by rd10711)
(11-21-2022 02:15 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Did you run reset-all.exe and reboot?

yes i did but still no positive sign and forgot to mention that now even in nvidia control panel its not showing sony bravia tv but its showing DVI connect display ( digital display) man i messed up so bad pls help i really want my tv hdmi to be back normal as it was ! or else bro can you pls add an attachment of an import file for normal stock tv settings for CRU if that could do any good pls help me way out !!
11-21-2022, 03:11 AM
Running reset-all.exe and rebooting should have reset everything. What does CRU show for the TV? Attach a screen shot of CRU.
11-21-2022, 05:57 PM
(11-21-2022 03:11 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Running reset-all.exe and rebooting should have reset everything. What does CRU show for the TV? Attach a screen shot of CRU.

yea sure i have attahced the screenshot of CRU and moreover my tv's name is sony bravia but still cru shows some generic monitor shit stuff !! pls help

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-21-2022, 07:17 PM
That's not what CRU would show if you ran reset-all.exe and rebooted. "*" means you changed something, and reset-all.exe should have removed that. Also, that's not an active monitor entry, so that's not even being used anyway. Active monitors have "(active)" after the name. There should be one for the laptop screen and one for the TV. If the TV isn't listed after running reset-all.exe and rebooting, then something is wrong with the TV itself or the connection to the TV. "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" normally only appears if there's a problem getting the information from the monitor, not something you did with CRU.

First, check the connection to the TV and make sure the cable didn't get loose or disconnected. Then try unplugging the TV's power for a minute to reboot it just in case it's a firmware glitch.

If it's still not detected, attach a screen shot of what Device Manager lists under "Display adapters" and "Monitors."
11-22-2022, 11:10 AM (Last edited: 11-22-2022, 11:10 AM by rd10711)
(11-21-2022 07:17 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  That's not what CRU would show if you ran reset-all.exe and rebooted. "*" means you changed something, and reset-all.exe should have removed that. Also, that's not an active monitor entry, so that's not even being used anyway. Active monitors have "(active)" after the name. There should be one for the laptop screen and one for the TV. If the TV isn't listed after running reset-all.exe and rebooting, then something is wrong with the TV itself or the connection to the TV. "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" normally only appears if there's a problem getting the information from the monitor, not something you did with CRU.

First, check the connection to the TV and make sure the cable didn't get loose or disconnected. Then try unplugging the TV's power for a minute to reboot it just in case it's a firmware glitch.

If it's still not detected, attach a screen shot of what Device Manager lists under "Display adapters" and "Monitors."

take i have attahced the screenshots of device manager and cru pls help me out man tell me a way to undo this shitty mess i made !!

and also my nvidia control is showing me DVI digital monitor instead of sony bravia tv or hdmi device !

11-22-2022, 04:11 PM
Stop saying "pls help" with every reply. You haven't told me what you did, so I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

Like I said, "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" is not something you did with CRU, and reset-all.exe would have reset anything you did with CRU, so this is likely a problem with the TV. This usually happens if the EDID on the TV is corrupted, which can happen sometimes with older TVs and monitors.

I need a screen shot of the "Display adapters" list in Device Manager so I know what GPUs you have and to make sure it's not a driver problem. Also, if you can tell me the model name of the laptop and the TV, that would help.
11-22-2022, 06:30 PM
(11-22-2022 04:11 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Stop saying "pls help" with every reply. You haven't told me what you did, so I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

Like I said, "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" is not something you did with CRU, and reset-all.exe would have reset anything you did with CRU, so this is likely a problem with the TV. This usually happens if the EDID on the TV is corrupted, which can happen sometimes with older TVs and monitors.

I need a screen shot of the "Display adapters" list in Device Manager so I know what GPUs you have and to make sure it's not a driver problem. Also, if you can tell me the model name of the laptop and the TV, that would help.

ye sure my tv model name is (sony) KLV-40NX500 and yep the screenshot is attached !

11-22-2022, 07:12 PM
Vega 8 and GTX 1650 is an unusual combination. What model is the laptop? Is the TV connected directly to the laptop with an HDMI cable or is there an adapter involved?

Download this: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...yID-Writer

Run EDWriter.exe. Does it load or do you get an error message? If it loads, is the TV listed in the drop-down list? If so, select it and click the "Read EDID" button. Do you get any messages asking you to fix something? If so, click "No" for now. Then click the "Save file" button to save the data to a file, and then attach it here.

If you get any messages, I need you to tell me exactly what they are.