image on monitor slightly blurry after reboot
10-23-2016, 10:59 AM
image on monitor slightly blurry after reboot
The other day i rebooted my pc and the image was no longer sharp any more

Whenever i look at it theres a slight blur and it looks like the pixels on my screen are larger than they were before, it looks like its a lower resolution scaled up, or its overscanned or pixels arent 1:1 or something like that

Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it? It looks bad and gives me a headache

Monitor is 24" xb240h g-sync
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: image on monitor slightly blurry after reboot
Is it set to the correct resolution? G-SYNC monitors don't have scalers, so this shouldn't be possible from the monitor's end. This should only happen if it's coming from the video card that way, like if the GPU is scaling up a lower resolution.
10-28-2016, 06:31 AM
(10-24-2016 12:21 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Is it set to the correct resolution? G-SYNC monitors don't have scalers, so this shouldn't be possible from the monitor's end. This should only happen if it's coming from the video card that way, like if the GPU is scaling up a lower resolution.

This is a defect in some of the recent AUO panels. This "blurry panel" issue, which can also happen on half of the monitor, is most common on the Benq XL2730Z / Asus PG278Q Rog Swift. People thought it was the gsync module going out, but in Hong Kong, someone had a home repair service by Asus, and Asus came over and replaced the Gsync module board on the PG278Q, and the blurry issue still happened. Then they swapped out the physical panel itself and everything was fine with a new panel. So the problem was the actual panel.

Before trying an RMA, see if there is a "reset all" or "recall all /factory reset" option in the OSD. If there is, use it, then 1) shut down the computer and leave it powered off for 5 minutes. 2) turn OFF the monitor, then remove it from the AC power outlet for 5 minutes.

Plug everything back up and see if it's fixed.
11-01-2016, 02:05 AM
Yes my monitor is on correct resolution

And i know about the issue on the pg278q,2730z,s2716dg etc

I had the s2716dg and it was doa with half the panel completely blurry

I think i know why the image on my monitors is blurry but i dont understand the cause

In this photo of my taskbar if you look at the "i" in division you see that it has a ghost row of pixels on the left and right for some reason

[Image: http://imgur.com/a/2CHeX]

This effect is on all my monitors and i noticed the colors and contrast also changed for the worse at the same time this happened, but i really dont understand whats caused it
04-24-2017, 07:34 AM (Last edited: 04-24-2017, 07:36 AM by ZonePhoenix)
sorry for late bump

i attached a picture to show what i mean

the icon on the left was what the monitors used to display before the blurry issue happened

notice how everything is sharp and not as stretched horizontally

the icon on the right is how the monitor current displays, blurred and blocky with a horizontal stretch to it

if anyone is curious the program is greatnews so you can compare if you want

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-06-2017, 04:55 AM
Any ideas why my monitors lost all their contrast and sharpness suddenly

It looks like every pixel is slightly stretched sideways if you check the after image
06-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Did you get the monitor replaced?
07-20-2017, 02:07 AM
(06-09-2017 02:31 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Did you get the monitor replaced?

I haven't replaced anything yet, this issue happened to both of my monitors at the same time

Wondering if anyone can really figure out why it happened

The other weird thing was i used to use a dp > dvi cable on my other monitor and when this thing happened the monitor had green pixels all over it, swapping to a regular dvi cable fixed it

Not sure if the surge caused some kind of edid error or lack of bandwidth somehow

Ive tried different monitors/gpus and nothing makes it look the way it used to, which was having really good contrast and the pixels showing 1:1

I was able to take that comparison picture by rebooting my gpu driver about 40 times and 1/40 times i can get a small area on my taskbar where the pixels will line up properly and the image will be sharp again
09-17-2018, 06:48 AM
Sorry for super late bump

I replaced one of the original monitors which was the Benq GL2460

The brand new monitor still has the same problem

However it doesn't show any green pixels when i use the DVI > Displayport cable like the old GL2460 which is weird

It's making me think its a backend issue eg GPU and cable or a combo of both

I still experience the same thing where if i reboot the gpu driver enough times some of the static screen elements like the icons in my taskbar will eventually show up sharp and properly rendered as in the picture i linked before

I think its weird that im the only person that seems to experience this, the quality that the monitors are displaying now really is complete shit
09-19-2018, 08:13 AM
I have an XB271HU as well which is a $1000 gaming ips and even that is pretty bad also, the contrast is so bad and everything is just varying shades of grey

For example even the GL2460 which is a $100 TN monitor was destroying it in terms of contrast, sharpness, black levels before i had the blowout inside my pc