image on monitor slightly blurry after reboot
09-24-2018, 07:43 AM
RE: image on monitor slightly blurry after reboot
After a while ive realised that the lack of sharpness is just caused by poor contrast ratio

The question is why has there been such a huge reduction in the image contrast outputted by the gpu after i had the issue

It's weird because when i bought the XB240H it was as bad as it was now for the first month or so and the GL2460 was fine, and after a random reboot suddenly the XB240H was in focus and both monitors looked identical and it had ridiculously good contrast and it made no sense to me at the time and still doesn't
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2018, 02:13 PM
(09-24-2018 07:43 AM)ZonePhoenix Wrote:  After a while ive realised that the lack of sharpness is just caused by poor contrast ratio

The question is why has there been such a huge reduction in the image contrast outputted by the gpu after i had the issue

It's weird because when i bought the XB240H it was as bad as it was now for the first month or so and the GL2460 was fine, and after a random reboot suddenly the XB240H was in focus and both monitors looked identical and it had ridiculously good contrast and it made no sense to me at the time and still doesn't

I don't know if it's maybe a edid handshake issue between gpu and monitor

It's really strange how even the XB240H was bad for the first month then randomly snapped back into focus and all the colour came back after a reboot

Sometimes i think if something is off for any reason between the gpu and monitor the monitor just resorts to "safe mode" and just puts out a bunch of grey colour with the pixels misaligned
10-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Ok what the fuck

I looked on one of my other drives and found an uncompressed .bmp screencap of my desktop in 2016 before the problem started, cool

Did a print screen of my desktop from today just to compare taskbar icons, and this is the difference

Same resolution, same dpi in both pictures, taken from uncompressed .bmp's

[Image: iS5Gfaa.png]

How is it possible that theres such a big difference? It looks like everything is covered in a gaussian blur now