monitor restarts when I alt-tab?
04-27-2014, 05:24 PM
monitor restarts when I alt-tab?
Sorry for lack of a better title but I wasn't sure how to word it.

Basicly I am using strobelight on my BenQ XL2411T. Now, whenever lightboost is activated when I alt-tab out of a full screen game it's pretty much instant. However, a lot of times I choose to play without lightboost because of color issues which causes something interesting to happen. Whenever I alt-tab the screen will go black for 3-4 seconds before I finally get to my desktop while it was instant with lightboost on.

I tried uninstalling strobelight without any luck.. now I have this 3-4 second black screen every time. I suspect it might be an issue with the monitor settings that gets overwritten or disabled when lightboost is on...

Does anyone have an idea what it could be? thanks in advance Smile

System:
Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit
CPU: i5 3350p
GFX: HD Radeon 7950
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 03:31 AM
RE: monitor restarts when I alt-tab?
The only reason that would happen is if the monitor was switching resolutions or refresh rates. If the desktop is set to one refresh rate but the game is running at a different refresh rate, then the refresh rate will change when you switch to the desktop.
04-29-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: monitor restarts when I alt-tab?
(04-29-2014 03:31 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  The only reason that would happen is if the monitor was switching resolutions or refresh rates. If the desktop is set to one refresh rate but the game is running at a different refresh rate, then the refresh rate will change when you switch to the desktop.

Ah thanks that makes a lot of sense Smile