problem with vp228he
03-02-2023, 03:00 AM
problem with vp228he
i need some help with this monitor . i have win 10 pro , rx580 8gb . hardware id for monitor is MONITOR\ACI22C3
also windows update wont install the driver for it , i only see it as generic pnp in manager. forced installed the driver even though " it's not digitally signed "
everything looks normal but i do feel like the pc doesn't work with the monitor as it should. did reset the monitor to standard settings from the built in menu , did change the hdmi cable
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2023, 04:51 AM
RE: problem with vp228he
I don't know what you're saying. If everything looks normal, what is the problem? Monitors don't need drivers, and "Generic PnP Monitor" is not a problem.
03-02-2023, 07:25 AM
(03-02-2023 04:51 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I don't know what you're saying. If everything looks normal, what is the problem? Monitors don't need drivers, and "Generic PnP Monitor" is not a problem.

i have 60 fps but ther's screen tearring giving me a headache . somehing isnt smooth whenever i play a game even with amd boost , enhanced sync, vretical refresh always on etc
03-02-2023, 11:49 AM
im saying thers something weird about it because i also have another lcd monitor works with dvi connection res 1920x1080 ,, model aoc f22 and i don't see that stuttering works very smooth with my pc
03-03-2023, 05:02 AM
Tearing and stuttering are different things. Neither are usually a monitor problem unless there's a firmware bug. Are you using both monitors are the same time or just one monitor?
03-03-2023, 01:29 PM
i only use the asus vp22he monitor. ok. lets say i have 60 fps at all times when playing sekiro. lets start with that .it looks normal and smooth, but!when i start moving the camera with the mouse , i can't follow with my eyes what is happening in the background and there is that tearing . anyway i found a program that you can edit that EDID of the monitor . added 2 displayid extensions named display interface and display device. idk what i'm doing but with this edited EDID file seems to work somehow better. https://imgur.com/a/Emi6WGj
03-09-2023, 05:55 PM
windows or amd was installing or reading the edid (no idea how this works) for the wrong monitor . found the original edid file here https://github.com/linuxhw/EDID, installed it with cru and now that's it