Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
06-19-2020, 02:13 AM (Last edited: 06-19-2020, 02:14 AM by 4700mq)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
my laptop is thinkpad t440p
the spec are
4700MQ
intel 4600
and gt730M

i can not change the refresh rate what so ever i do.

i tried this steps but not work:

on windows 8.1 installed the latest driver and tried to change from control panel of intel but it show that it exceeds maximum bandwith i tried on all resoultion i tried to underclock the refresh rate to 58 or 59 not worked i tried everything it can not add any new values.
i tried CRU added new values and clicked on restart 64 and restarted my laptop but the values are not in the control panel or not in the contorl panel of windows nor in the list all modes option.
i tried to overclock the other montiors on the CRU (the not active monitors) same thing. i tried on older versions of the driver same thing. i tried new apps same thing.

and for windows 10 i tried all the steps above but the same thing.

and my gt730M has no refresh rate or custom resoltions option it has only 2 options.
what should i do? please help me guys!

The values are not even appearing what should i do now please guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2020, 02:33 PM
(06-19-2020 02:13 AM)4700mq Wrote:  on windows 8.1 installed the latest driver and tried to change from control panel of intel but it show that it exceeds maximum bandwith i tried on all resoultion i tried to underclock the refresh rate to 58 or 59 not worked i tried everything it can not add any new values.
i tried CRU added new values and clicked on restart 64 and restarted my laptop but the values are not in the control panel or not in the contorl panel of windows nor in the list all modes option.
i tried to overclock the other montiors on the CRU (the not active monitors) same thing. i tried on older versions of the driver same thing. i tried new apps same thing.
Did you try the alternative method?
06-19-2020, 04:31 PM
(06-19-2020 02:33 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 02:13 AM)4700mq Wrote:  on windows 8.1 installed the latest driver and tried to change from control panel of intel but it show that it exceeds maximum bandwith i tried on all resoultion i tried to underclock the refresh rate to 58 or 59 not worked i tried everything it can not add any new values.
Did you try the alternative method?

i did not know how to do the alt method so i will record a video to show you how i did it and publish it on youtube.

if i did something wrong please tell me! ( another thing that you said the alt method is working for older gens? but my laptop is 4th gen its not the olddest!)

here is the link of youtube video where i did the alt way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeus1Lvs...e=youtu.be
06-19-2020, 06:09 PM
i tried the alt method and still not working help me guys!
06-19-2020, 09:38 PM
(06-19-2020 04:31 PM)4700mq Wrote:  i did not know how to do the alt method so i will record a video to show you how i did it and publish it on youtube.

if i did something wrong please tell me! ( another thing that you said the alt method is working for older gens? but my laptop is 4th gen its not the olddest!)

I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. The driver isn't allowing EDID overrides on your laptop for some reason. I can't do anything about that.
06-19-2020, 10:22 PM
(06-19-2020 09:38 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 04:31 PM)4700mq Wrote:  i did not know how to do the alt method so i will record a video to show you how i did it and publish it on youtube.

I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing. The driver isn't allowing EDID overrides on your laptop for some reason. I can't do anything about that.
i beg u help me i cant afford getting a new laptop or anything

why it wont allow me to make new refresh rate? arent u guys genus and smart? i beg u help me dont tell me in the first human on earth that have this issue or at least there must be a soultion? give me a discord server so we can talk togheter i will respnse faster and give better details.

pls do something! should i install custom drivers if there is one? which version should i donwgrade for if u know a working older version send me the version number so i donwload it! please help sir help!
06-20-2020, 12:02 AM
(06-19-2020 10:22 PM)4700mq Wrote:  i beg u help me i cant afford getting a new laptop or anything

why it wont allow me to make new refresh rate? arent u guys genus and smart? i beg u help me dont tell me in the first human on earth that have this issue or at least there must be a soultion? give me a discord server so we can talk togheter i will respnse faster and give better details.

pls do something! should i install custom drivers if there is one? which version should i donwgrade for if u know a working older version send me the version number so i donwload it! please help sir help!
I'm not Intel. I can't do anything if the driver won't allow EDID overrides.
06-20-2020, 10:34 AM
(06-20-2020 12:02 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 10:22 PM)4700mq Wrote:  i beg u help me i cant afford getting a new laptop or anything

I'm not Intel. I can't do anything if the driver won't allow EDID overrides.

then i got a great idea! can i make the gt730M as the main display?
i found some registy keys that related to this

https://prnt.sc/t38w6v i will change the defualt display to the nivida one.
if u know a way to do that please help me and do NOT worry about my laptop. i can simple reinstall the windows or enter safe mode and redo what i did. dont worry please give me unoffiical or official ways to increase my laptop refresh rate
another thing is that i found the monitor inf file
here is the files i uploaded them as a zip file. they were in an exe file but i extacted them to a zip file for u https://transferxl.com/details/00vvVKNth26nzk
06-20-2020, 02:00 PM
(06-20-2020 10:34 AM)4700mq Wrote:  then i got a great idea! can i make the gt730M as the main display?
No. Stop begging.
06-21-2020, 02:22 AM
(06-20-2020 02:00 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-20-2020 10:34 AM)4700mq Wrote:  then i got a great idea! can i make the gt730M as the main display?
No. Stop begging.

HELP ME PLEASE