Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
06-10-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(06-10-2020 06:56 PM)Szymanix241 Wrote:  Hello there,
Just wondering, is it possible to damage a GPU or other components (except monitor of course)with this program?
No.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2020, 04:01 PM
Toasty is it possible to edit the 4:2:0 capability map?
06-11-2020, 07:05 PM
(06-11-2020 04:01 PM)fandangos Wrote:  Toasty is it possible to edit the 4:2:0 capability map?
Not directly. It's better to delete it and add a TV resolutions data block and check "4:2:0 resolutions" at the top. Then add the resolutions you want.
06-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Hello, yesterday i have install the update W10 may 2004, and i got a problem i found a month ago, but this time i can't fix using cru.
The problem is W10 don't recoquize correctly the monitors, i use 3 minotor DPx2 and one HDMI, the main display the one always working is in DP.
The other two can't be activate from W10, but only from Nvidia program. the new update, not working well with nvidia drivers, spikes lag / shuttering.
I have reactive from Nvidia program the hdmi one, but when i click on the other DP, windows get stuck, and i need disconnect the cable, and restart pc start working well.
Now i am using DP->HDMI cable for make this monitor work, but i have set custom resoluction, windows or nvidia don't recognize the max resoluction.
Last time i have fix using CRU, reset all and restart64, not if i do that i take shuttering / spike lag, that because nvidia driver from website not working well on W10May2004.
Any other ways to fix the problem? or i need wait for new drivers and then try again with CRU?
06-12-2020, 01:55 PM
(06-12-2020 12:10 PM)chopper23 Wrote:  Hello, yesterday i have install the update W10 may 2004, and i got a problem i found a month ago, but this time i can't fix using cru.
The problem is W10 don't recoquize correctly the monitors, i use 3 minotor DPx2 and one HDMI, the main display the one always working is in DP.
The other two can't be activate from W10, but only from Nvidia program. the new update, not working well with nvidia drivers, spikes lag / shuttering.
I have reactive from Nvidia program the hdmi one, but when i click on the other DP, windows get stuck, and i need disconnect the cable, and restart pc start working well.
Now i am using DP->HDMI cable for make this monitor work, but i have set custom resoluction, windows or nvidia don't recognize the max resoluction.
Last time i have fix using CRU, reset all and restart64, not if i do that i take shuttering / spike lag, that because nvidia driver from website not working well on W10May2004.
Any other ways to fix the problem? or i need wait for new drivers and then try again with CRU?
Sounds like a driver bug. You shouldn't have to use CRU to make the monitors work. I don't even know how you would use CRU for this.
06-14-2020, 01:06 AM
(06-12-2020 01:55 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(06-12-2020 12:10 PM)chopper23 Wrote:  Hello, yesterday i have install the update W10 may 2004, and i got a problem i found a month ago, but this time i can't fix using cru.
Sounds like a driver bug. You shouldn't have to use CRU to make the monitors work. I don't even know how you would use CRU for this.

Non sure if is a bug or what, windows deactive video port/display, and don't give the choose to reactive it. Ill wait for the next nvidia update, may is a problem with the new W10 update. I have try again today, when i do restart64, the pc start shuttirng/spike lag, unit i don't remove the DP cable, after the restart64 complete the check.
06-14-2020, 11:30 AM (Last edited: 06-14-2020, 12:00 PM by K5690)
I wanted to say thanks to ToastyX for this great tool which enabled me to run my U2414h @ 75 Hz for many years without any issues. Big Grin

During the week I upgraded to a triple monitor setup for simracing. I got three Dell S3220DGF, all connected to my Palit RTX 2070S GRP via Club3D DP1.4 cables. They each run fine at 164 Hz and in extended desktop mode but Nvidia Surround is a total failure at the moment. I can select all monitors and create a Nvidia Surround resolution (7680x1440) with 164 Hz without any hassle. The monitors work great in games and desktop (even with HDR enabled in Nvidia Surround mode) but as soon as I restart the machine, the refresh rate of Nvidia Surround setup gets a reset back to 60 Hz while the resolution and the rest of the configuration stays the same at 7680x1440. There's no way to get back the 164 Hz in Windows or Nvidia control panel. All I can do is to break the Surround Spanning and redo it.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is this a know issue? Any fix possible through the CRU?`

Thanks for your help and suggestions! Big Grin

/I did test with several driver versions including the latest WHQL and beta 450.99 but the behaviour stays the same
06-14-2020, 12:03 PM
(06-14-2020 11:30 AM)K5690 Wrote:  During the week I upgraded to a triple monitor setup for simracing. I got three Dell S3220DGF, all connected to my Palit RTX 2070S GRP via Club3D DP1.4 cables. They each run fine at 164 Hz and in extended desktop mode but Nvidia Surround is a total failure at the moment. I can select all monitors and create a Nvidia Surround resolution (7680x1440) with 164 Hz without any hassle. The monitors work great in games and desktop (even with HDR enabled in Nvidia Surround mode) but as soon as I restart the machine, the refresh rate of Nvidia Surround setup gets a reset back to 60 Hz while the resolution and the rest of the configuration stays the same at 7680x1440. There's no way to get back the 164 Hz in Windows or Nvidia control panel. All I can do is to break the Surround Spanning and redo it.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is this a know issue? Any fix possible through the CRU?
I don't see how you could fix that with CRU. That seems like a driver bug.
06-14-2020, 02:27 PM (Last edited: 06-14-2020, 07:36 PM by K5690)
That's too bad, thanks for the quick response. Smile I though I could maybe adjust the refresh rate of the "surround monitor" which is created by Nvidia Surround with the CRU.

EDIT
I made slight progress. Whenever I create a custom resolution for each monitor in CRU it reverts back to 60 Hz. But if I create a custom resolution for each monitor via the Nvidia control panel and then merge the displays with surround it still reverts back to 60 Hz on restart but I can select the custom 7680x1440p 144 Hz resolution. That's borderline usable.

But the problem is when creating a custom resolution with the Nvidia control panel, I can no longer select 10 bpc in the color settings. It always reverts back to 8 bpc. Is there a way to mimic the creation of a custom resolution via Nvidia control panel with CRU so that it keeps the 10 bpc option? Or - as workaround - how do I keep 10 bcp within Nvidia custom resolution?

My config
[Image: mkm59uip.jpg]

List of monitors
[Image: 4r9wj8yt.jpg]

CRU custom res I've tried with no luck
[Image: k6qf7w7p.jpg]

NV custom res which gives at least 144 Hz back but limits to 8 bpc
[Image: vfm9g54f.jpg]

I'd be thankful for any advice Big Grin
06-15-2020, 01:50 AM
Any Sony X950H owners here willing to help me out? I'm doing some research and comparing the potential differences between the x950H and x950G. I just need the x950H's EDID, which you can export with CRU.

Thanks in advance!