Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
That's weird that madVR switches to 59Hz when it's supposed to switch to 60Hz. I know there's a bug...

Changing 60Hz to 59.94Hz solved the problem for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi When Using Custom Resolution Utility, (thanks Toasty) after setting up the profiles and I press the export button it ask where I want to save also what to call it? Can someone please help. Where do I save and what do I call the file.

Many thanks
01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
You don't need to export it. That's only if you want to save the settings to a file. Just press OK to save the changes.
01-21-2013, 09:06 PM (Last edited: 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM by jimshowalter)
I am trying to solve a problem with the Dell U3011 monitor, NVidia GeForce GT 430, DisplayPort connection, and Windows 7 64-bit Pro that I reported here: http://tinyurl.com/a6nby4s (http://en.community.dell.com/ support-forums/ desktop/f/ 3515/p/19455967/ 20140917.aspx).

The monitor is running at its native 2560x1600 resolution.

Googling around, there are other reports of this problem, for example here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1507324. The problem I'm seeing is exactly as described in that link.

I used CRU.exe to disable all of the resolutions and monitors except for the U3011 and NVidia's default (which can't be deleted). But alas, even after rebooting, and despite CRU.exe showing exactly and only one monitor (and with the desired resolution), if I turn the monitor off and back on, the windows still shrink and move to the upper left.

The windows all wind up the same size, which is about 640x450 pixels, according to a screenshot copied into Paint and cropped.

Note that the desktop and icons do not change size, only the windows.

Interestingly, if a window is zoomed to full-screen (window maximize), it does not change size when the monitor is turned off and on.

One other bit of additional information: I used to also have a Samsung 213T attached, using a DVI cable, running at its native 1600x1200 resolution, and, although the windows resized and moved to the upper left, they resized to a larger size than currently. I realize that sounds weird, but it's true. Removing the second monitor and configuring the system to only have one monitor made the resizing much worse, which is why I really want to fix it this time.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-21-2013, 10:46 PM
That can't be solved with CRU. When you turn off a DisplayPort monitor, it's the same as disconnecting it. If there is another monitor connected, Windows will move all the windows to that monitor and shrink large windows to fit the resolution. If there isn't another monitor connected, it behaves as if there's a lower resolution monitor connected. This won't happen if you set the display to sleep instead of powering it off.
01-21-2013, 10:50 PM
(01-21-2013 10:46 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  That can't be solved with CRU. When you turn off a DisplayPort monitor, it's the same as disconnecting it. If there is another monitor connected, Windows will move all the windows to that monitor and shrink large windows to fit the resolution. If there isn't another monitor connected, it behaves as if there's a lower resolution monitor connected. This won't happen if you set the display to sleep instead of powering it off.

Thank you for clarifying! I've been going nuts trying to figure this out.

It's a shame turning power back on doesn't reset back to the previous sizing.
01-31-2013, 12:02 PM (Last edited: 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM by MojoW)
So toastyx i've got a problem(But i think it's just my cheap monitor)
I have a AOC e2795vh and every costum resolution or custom refresh rate ends in a input not supported
My specs are:
Win 7 Ultimate x64
AMD CCC 13.2 B3
Sapphire HD6970 CFX
Gonna do some more test on my 3d tv from LG its the: 47LK950
But Thru a hdmi 7.1 reciever from harman kardon but i can allready say that it works thru that because i can see the custom resolutions and refresh rates so great job.

Edit: i tried 1920x1200@60 and @75 and @100
Same with normal resolution of 1080P
And i did that with 2560x1440 at all those refresh rates.
And tried with games like The sims 3 , Skyrim and DMC
02-02-2013, 02:29 AM
If the monitor is saying input not supported or out of range, then the monitor can't handle what the video card is sending.

Single-link DVI and HDMI are limited to 165 MHz pixel clock unless the video driver is modified: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher

If the monitor is connected to a dual-link DVI port, the video card will send a dual-link DVI signal beyond 165 MHz, which won't work properly with single-link DVI monitors.

This program adds monitor resolutions, so you can't add higher resolutions unless the monitor can handle them.
02-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Hey there!! So I just tried this out on my system doing 2560x1440 on my 1920x1080 monitor to try and downsample but pretty much broke my system haha. After I saved the settings and restarted DX9 doesn't work anymore, when I start a game it crashes and disables my monitor moving everything over to my 2nd monitor.

This just isn't worth the headache and tinkering so I was curious if there's a way to delete all these settings and go back to normal....or do I have to reinstall windows? Thanks Smile
02-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Use the delete button next to the monitor drop-down list to delete the settings for that monitor, then click OK and reboot. That will reset it back to the default configuration.

This program adds monitor resolutions, not scaled resolutions. Lower resolutions will be scaled up if GPU scaling is enabled, but higher resolutions can't be scaled down with this program.