Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-05-2023, 03:42 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(08-30-2023 05:57 PM)laxu Wrote:  Does anyone know why my Samsung G70A seems to have completely separate EDIDs depending on if I'm using 144 Hz w/ VRR vs 120/60 Hz w/o VRR? Any reason why Samsung would separate them like this?

The 144 Hz EDID seems much more barebones than the 120 Hz one. It also seems to cause Nvidia's "do scaling on the GPU" to limit it to only 144 Hz refresh rate if VRR is enabled.
This is normal for VRR monitors. VRR is reported in the EDID, so enabling/disabling VRR in the monitor will change the EDID.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2023, 04:29 PM
Intel's driver also has a bug that causes it to refuse to switch to the custom resolutions and refresh rates after a wake or reboot, but just running the CRU resetting tool fixes this.
09-08-2023, 12:23 AM (Last edited: 09-08-2023, 12:27 AM by LGW2363DUser)
Hello all!
Just bought this cable for my LG W2363D

These are my options

Im usually able to switch to 120hz but now with this cable i dont have that option and when i use CRU doesnt work as i remember.
Been using hdmi cable dont know of what quality but it worked at 120hz
I had to switch the dvi port because the monitor is old and fell couple times so went back to good old dvi that i remember it worked with my 1080ti (Dvi to dvi)
Now im using laptop with 3050ti dedicated and it has only one hdmi port
I had it running as ive said but hdmi to hdmi (broke the cable trying to use it to the last breaths of the monitors hdmi ports lifespan hahah)

Now im stuck to 60hz and its driving me crazy headaches and all i happen to have very good astronaut like eyesight but i guess its too sensitive sometimes.

Please help! I will reward because the monitor works great for being 10 years old!
Thanks in advance!

ps: for any extra info or screenshot just ask

EDIT: windows 11
09-08-2023, 12:56 AM
(09-08-2023 12:23 AM)LGW2363DUser Wrote:  Hello all!
Just bought this cable for my LG W2363D

These are my options

Im usually able to switch to 120hz but now with this cable i dont have that option and when i use CRU doesnt work as i remember.
Been using hdmi cable dont know of what quality but it worked at 120hz
I had to switch the dvi port because the monitor is old and fell couple times so went back to good old dvi that i remember it worked with my 1080ti (Dvi to dvi)
Now im using laptop with 3050ti dedicated and it has only one hdmi port
I had it running as ive said but hdmi to hdmi (broke the cable trying to use it to the last breaths of the monitors hdmi ports lifespan hahah)

Now im stuck to 60hz and its driving me crazy headaches and all i happen to have very good astronaut like eyesight but i guess its too sensitive sometimes.

Please help! I will reward because the monitor works great for being 10 years old!
Thanks in advance!

ps: for any extra info or screenshot just ask

EDIT: windows 11
You need dual-link DVI to get 120 Hz. HDMI-DVI adapters/cables are always single-link. There's no way to convert HDMI to dual-link DVI. Adding an HDMI data block in the extension block will make the GPU send an HDMI signal, which should allow you to select 120 Hz, but the monitor might not accept a single-link signal on the DVI port. You'll have to try it and see. Some monitors will display it with a warning message, but some monitors won't let you dismiss the warning message.
09-08-2023, 01:37 AM (Last edited: 09-08-2023, 09:47 AM by LGW2363DUser)
[/quote]
You need dual-link DVI to get 120 Hz. HDMI-DVI adapters/cables are always single-link. There's no way to convert HDMI to dual-link DVI. Adding an HDMI data block in the extension block will make the GPU send an HDMI signal, which should allow you to select 120 Hz, but the monitor might not accept a single-link signal on the DVI port. You'll have to try it and see. Some monitors will display it with a warning message, but some monitors won't let you dismiss the warning message.
[/quote]

Thank you so much!
And how i go about it? pLEASE
I have this options

EDIT:
I GOT UP TO THIS POINT

EDIT 2: Got it to work! here are the details! Thanks so much w/o changing the extension block wouldnt ve worked!

How do one donates? USDT?
THANKS!!

09-08-2023, 04:22 AM
Hi there!

I have a 49 inch Samsung G9 that is 5120x1440.

I got the new Starfield game and found that it does not support 32:9 resolution.

There is a fix to make it work but supposedly it uses whatever the native or default resolution in windows is and wont adjust.

My thought was to adjust the registry to make windows force everything to 5120x1440.

I want to use CRU to do this maybe but I am unsure how. Can someone point me to some guidance maybe or say if what I am trying to accomplish is possible?

My monitor is for sure 5120x1440. Top detailed resolution in CRU is currently 3840x1080.

Thoughts?
09-08-2023, 01:09 PM
A friend of mine has a Dell Inspiron 5458 and he wants to use a lower resolution for gaming in an external monitor plugged through HDMI, but the HDMI uses the Intel HD 5500 integrated GPU instead of the dedicated GeForce 920M. Is there a way so that the external monitor uses the 920M?
09-09-2023, 06:29 AM (Last edited: 09-09-2023, 06:32 AM by JayBee)
Quick question on CRU with nvidia gpus.
I looked a bit in this thread for an answer, but I couldn't find it, so sorry if it's already been asked/discussed.
I am trying to use CRU to modify the freesync range of my monitor.
It seems to do the job well, except that if I change anything at all, pretty much every nvidia settings in the nvidia control panel completely disappears, like my GPU isn't recognized as a nvidia gpu anymore. If I delete the custom setting, everything goes back to normal. It really doesn't matter what I change, even putting back the default settings manually and keeping it custom profile still has the same issue.
Is there something with the Nvidia app that doesn't like the CRU custom edid overrides?
My setup is windows 11 with a rtx3070Ti, with the latest nvidia drivers, and my screen is a Dell S3422DWG connected through DisplayPort.

Edit: it probably won't help, but CRU doesn't work either on my other PC plugged to my TV, except there it completely crashes the drivers until I connect another screen and manually delete the custom EDID. They are both on windows 11, so I am really wondering if it's a win11 issue.
09-09-2023, 02:30 PM
(09-08-2023 01:37 AM)LGW2363DUser Wrote:  EDIT 2: Got it to work! here are the details! Thanks so much w/o changing the extension block wouldnt ve worked!

How do one donates? USDT?
THANKS!!
Patreon and PayPal
09-09-2023, 02:31 PM
(09-08-2023 04:22 AM)nickc50310 Wrote:  Hi there!

I have a 49 inch Samsung G9 that is 5120x1440.

I got the new Starfield game and found that it does not support 32:9 resolution.

There is a fix to make it work but supposedly it uses whatever the native or default resolution in windows is and wont adjust.

My thought was to adjust the registry to make windows force everything to 5120x1440.

I want to use CRU to do this maybe but I am unsure how. Can someone point me to some guidance maybe or say if what I am trying to accomplish is possible?

My monitor is for sure 5120x1440. Top detailed resolution in CRU is currently 3840x1080.

Thoughts?
What is the fix? What is wrong with the native or default resolution in windows? Last I heard, EDID overrides don't work with the Samsung G9 if you have an NVIDIA GPU unless you disable 240 Hz in the monitor.