Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-21-2016, 01:17 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(09-17-2016 11:40 PM)armejndi Wrote:  I have a 40" TV in which I want to use a 1080p resolution. I used CRU to create a custom resolution and it worked great! The only problem is when I import the hdmi audio, and restart the driver, it goes back to the previous resolution (crappy 1080p).
Shouldn't 1080p already exist? What exactly did you add? What do you mean by crappy 1080p?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2016, 03:16 AM
To Toasty I am having a rather weird issue that i can't seem to fix. I have a Emerson LF501EM4F 1080P TV connected to a GTX 970 video card and for whatever reason when connected Via HDMI my screens edges are cut off almost looks like it's zoomed in. I have checked the TV's settings and there is no option to change the zoom settings if any. The only ways i found to fix this issue is to use adjust desktop size via Nvidia Control panel. Only problem with this is it forces me to use a lower resolution and also makes downsampling resolutions look horrible and jagged in games. I then found your Program and typed my resolution in and unchecked the extension button and the zoomed in problem is gone BUT my card is no longer seeing i'm connected Via HDMI. It thinks i'm connected via DVI which completely disables contrast adjustments and sharpness settings. Is there way to get my HDMI support back?. I tried to use a Custom extension for HDMI support but either my TV Goes blank or it gets zoomed in again.

On the UPSIDE OF THINGS: On the upside of things i found a rather neat little trick to get a 5K image to be used during games on a 1080P TV such as mine that i did by accident. I entered a custom resolution of 2560x1440 Like i always do with all my TV's and it accepted it of course but it looked a little bit jagged due to being flipping zoomed in on the desktop. I started up CRU for the first time ever and entered 2560x1440 hoping it would somehow fix the zooming issue. i clicked on disable custom extension block and before i restarted i Enabled DSR and all 4 set resolutions included. Somehow i did something which allowed a 5K image to be allowed during games. I tell you haven't seen a more sexy Game picture than at a 5K Resolution. Only thing bad about this is i can't use my awesome Contrast or adjust sharpness.

Do you have any suggestions to get it to accept HDMI Support again somehow the program bypasses something and makes my TV think it's connected VIA DVI which disables some options in my TV menu.
09-21-2016, 03:50 AM
(09-21-2016 03:16 AM)Just4gamerstube Wrote:  To Toasty I am having a rather weird issue that i can't seem to fix. I have a Emerson LF501EM4F 1080P TV connected to a GTX 970 video card and for whatever reason when connected Via HDMI my screens edges are cut off almost looks like it's zoomed in. I have checked the TV's settings and there is no option to change the zoom settings if any. The only ways i found to fix this issue is to use adjust desktop size via Nvidia Control panel. Only problem with this is it forces me to use a lower resolution and also makes downsampling resolutions look horrible and jagged in games. I then found your Program and typed my resolution in and unchecked the extension button and the zoomed in problem is gone BUT my card is no longer seeing i'm connected Via HDMI. It thinks i'm connected via DVI which completely disables contrast adjustments and sharpness settings. Is there way to get my HDMI support back?. I tried to use a Custom extension for HDMI support but either my TV Goes blank or it gets zoomed in again.
Adding an HDMI support data block in the custom extension block is how you get HDMI support. If the TV zooms in after doing that, then it's overscanning HDMI signals but not DVI signals. That's why disabling the extension block "fixes" it. Try using the "LCD reduced" timing option. Some TVs will treat that as a "PC" resolution and disable overscan. If that doesn't help and the TV doesn't have an option to disable overscan, then there's nothing you can do about this.
09-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Hello,

I have Benq XL2430T monitor and ASUS Strix GTX970, I used CRU with Nvidia Pixel Clock Patcher for a year and it worked fine until the last few Nvidia drivers. It locks my monitor to 60hz whatever I do. I am using the popular VT1500 tweak to increase brightness with 120hz.

Has anyone run into the same problem?

Thanks.
09-22-2016, 06:25 PM
(09-22-2016 05:52 PM)bolgar89 Wrote:  I have Benq XL2430T monitor and ASUS Strix GTX970, I used CRU with Nvidia Pixel Clock Patcher for a year and it worked fine until the last few Nvidia drivers. It locks my monitor to 60hz whatever I do. I am using the popular VT1500 tweak to increase brightness with 120hz.
Did you make sure to use a custom extension block? If that doesn't work, export the settings to a file and post it here.
09-23-2016, 12:59 AM (Last edited: 09-23-2016, 01:05 AM by Just4gamerstube)
(09-21-2016 03:50 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-21-2016 03:16 AM)Just4gamerstube Wrote:  To Toasty I am having a rather weird issue that i can't seem to fix. I have a Emerson LF501EM4F 1080P TV connected to a GTX 970 video card and for whatever reason when connected Via HDMI my screens edges are cut off almost looks like it's zoomed in. I have checked the TV's settings and there is no option to change the zoom settings if any. The only ways i found to fix this issue is to use adjust desktop size via Nvidia Control panel. Only problem with this is it forces me to use a lower resolution and also makes downsampling resolutions look horrible and jagged in games. I then found your Program and typed my resolution in and unchecked the extension button and the zoomed in problem is gone BUT my card is no longer seeing i'm connected Via HDMI. It thinks i'm connected via DVI which completely disables contrast adjustments and sharpness settings. Is there way to get my HDMI support back?. I tried to use a Custom extension for HDMI support but either my TV Goes blank or it gets zoomed in again.
Adding an HDMI support data block in the custom extension block is how you get HDMI support. If the TV zooms in after doing that, then it's overscanning HDMI signals but not DVI signals. That's why disabling the extension block "fixes" it. Try using the "LCD reduced" timing option. Some TVs will treat that as a "PC" resolution and disable overscan. If that doesn't help and the TV doesn't have an option to disable overscan, then there's nothing you can do about this.

Thank you for the tip I am going to try this and if all else fails i'll just stick to the no custom extension still looks great regardless. I also actually managed to create a custom 21:9 2560x1080 Native resolution and enabled DSR and i can also play games in 5K resolution with a 21:9 aspect ratio. The wideness is unbelievable especially in Tarantino Films.

(09-22-2016 05:52 PM)bolgar89 Wrote:  Hello,

I have Benq XL2430T monitor and ASUS Strix GTX970, I used CRU with Nvidia Pixel Clock Patcher for a year and it worked fine until the last few Nvidia drivers. It locks my monitor to 60hz whatever I do. I am using the popular VT1500 tweak to increase brightness with 120hz.

Has anyone run into the same problem?

Thanks.

I believe the only way to fix this is to possibly downgrade to the driver that worked perfectly and email Nvidia on there forums and maybe they will patch it. I had this similar problem with a Acer GD235HZBID 120HZ TV a while back when Windows 10 First launched. I could set 120HZ in windows 8.1 but with windows 10 it wouldn't allow it. I had to downgrade to a windows 8.1 Driver to fix it which disables DX12 Support.
09-23-2016, 10:36 PM (Last edited: 09-23-2016, 10:40 PM by naikjoy)
Rainbow RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
LG Flatron E2541..D-SUB VGA cable
Whatever overclock I do..the image doesn't fit the full panel.
Any suggestions?
AMD HD7850 and it has the clock patch.. I'm using Win 10.
[Image: http://i64.tinypic.com/bimfbr.jpg]
09-24-2016, 12:28 AM (Last edited: 09-24-2016, 12:29 AM by armejndi)
(09-21-2016 01:17 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-17-2016 11:40 PM)armejndi Wrote:  I have a 40" TV in which I want to use a 1080p resolution. I used CRU to create a custom resolution and it worked great! The only problem is when I import the hdmi audio, and restart the driver, it goes back to the previous resolution (crappy 1080p).
Shouldn't 1080p already exist? What exactly did you add? What do you mean by crappy 1080p?

Hi ToastyX,

Thanks for your reply. The 1080p exists as a default resolution, but the text is not legible and also the colors are way off. When I use the CRU with the custom extension block, it works flawlessly. I didn't add anything, just selected the custom extension block, saved the settings, restarted the graphics card and viola! The HDMI cable is now recognized as a DVI, and then when I import the audio file, it goes back to the default crappy resolution.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Armend
09-24-2016, 04:08 PM
(09-23-2016 10:36 PM)naikjoy Wrote:  LG Flatron E2541..D-SUB VGA cable
Whatever overclock I do..the image doesn't fit the full panel.
Any suggestions?
AMD HD7850 and it has the clock patch.. I'm using Win 10.
The problem with using VGA with an LCD monitor is the monitor has to figure out where the image is to display it properly, and it might not do that correctly for higher refresh rates. If you can't fix it using the monitor's adjustments and trying the different timing options doesn't help, then there's nothing you can do. You should use DVI if possible.
09-24-2016, 04:10 PM
(09-24-2016 12:28 AM)armejndi Wrote:  Thanks for your reply. The 1080p exists as a default resolution, but the text is not legible and also the colors are way off. When I use the CRU with the custom extension block, it works flawlessly. I didn't add anything, just selected the custom extension block, saved the settings, restarted the graphics card and viola! The HDMI cable is now recognized as a DVI, and then when I import the audio file, it goes back to the default crappy resolution.
That means the TV is treating HDMI and DVI signals differently. If the TV doesn't have a way to fix the picture with HDMI, then the only thing you can do is use it in DVI mode and route the audio separately.