ASUS PG27AQN cannot edit monitor resolutions
11-03-2022, 09:48 AM (Last edited: 11-03-2022, 10:05 AM by Kylo)
RE: ASUS PG27AQN cannot edit monitor resolutions
(11-03-2022 02:45 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  The issue with NVIDIA custom resolutions and GPU scaling being limited is because NVIDIA's driver doesn't currently support those features with display stream compression, which is required for 2560x1440 @ 360 Hz. Are the options available if you change the refresh rate to 240 Hz?

What does CRU show? The monitor might be using DisplayID instead of EDID, so EDID overrides won't have any effect. That might not matter anyway because NVIDIA G-SYNC monitors usually only support a limited set of resolutions and refresh rates, so 1280x960 @ 360 Hz might not possible with that monitor, and you won't be able to create a GPU-scaled resolution because of the DSC limitation.

Thank you for the reply.

I tried lowering the refresh rate as you suggested but the custom resolution feature was still greyed out.

As for CRU I have attached a screenshot of what the active profile for the monitor looks like by default. When looking at the dropdown list it shows two instances of the Asus monitor, one active and one inactive. If I delete the inactive one then restart my computer it comes back. I have also included a screenshot of what that profile looks like.

https://imgur.com/a/B2IvEuB

At one point before when I was trying to add 1280x960 @ 360 Hz I did notice duplicate 2560x1440 resolutions showing up under the list all modes of the display adapter but after reset-all.exe this went away.

I also downloaded EDWriter to see if I could read the EDID/DisplayID. When trying read EDID I get the message that "Data contains more than 256 bytes. Only the first 256 bytes were read" and If I try reading DisplayID I get the message "Failed to communicate with display." I don't know if that information is helpful but I thought I would include it just in case. Just to be clear I have not used Write EDID or Write DisplayID, as I don't what what I'm doing and feel like I would probably break something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASUS PG27AQN cannot edit monitor resolutions - Kylo - 11-03-2022 09:48 AM