Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously)
12-02-2023, 10:55 PM (Last edited: 12-03-2023, 02:34 PM by ashlar)
RE: Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously)
I come back to this thread because, after updating to a RTX 4070 I recreated all custom resolutions for 23.976Hz, 24Hz and 59.94Hz (the other refresh rates were performing smoothly at default settings). It took me the whole afternoon, while fine-tuning the values so as to achieve frame drops/repeats measurable in several hours for video playback. I had everything set as I wanted it and then the machine froze with black screen.

I had to manually reset it, black screen. Safe mode, uninstall graphic drivers with DDU, reboot, reinstall drivers, import values I had backed up for CRU, restart64.exe, black screen. Rinse and repeat, try with an earlier backup I had and that was working fine, black screen. I tried everything but apparently CRU cannot work anymore.

I attach the settings which were working fine and the previous settings too (they are the ones labeled as "before HDMI 2.1". Is there anywhere in the machine where something could have gotten corrupted to the point of preventing any writing by CRU? This time I made sure to have at least 2 bytes in the data blocks...

Edit: I discovered that from Safe Mode I can simply run reset-all and I don't need to reinstall drivers to be able to work again with the machine. I attach the registry changes that gets applied when importing my backed up settings (all resolutions in there were working perfectly, tested all refresh rates I created before the first black screen happened).

Attached File(s)
.bin  Denon OK 2160p AND 1080p RTX 4070 +100 e 120Hz.bin (Size: 384 bytes / Downloads: 54)
.bin  Denon OK 2160p AND 1080p Dolby Vision before HDMI 2.1 Test.bin (Size: 384 bytes / Downloads: 62)
.reg  registry.reg (Size: 3.08 KB / Downloads: 51)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously) - ashlar - 12-02-2023 10:55 PM