Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously)
12-03-2023, 11:16 PM
RE: Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously)
(12-03-2023 08:20 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  You're encountering the second driver bug that I was talking about. I don't have a setup affected by this issue, so I don't know what triggers it, but it's definitely an NVIDIA driver bug. Someone mentioned the last driver that worked for them was 528.02, but I started getting reports of this issue around 471.41. Also, installing an older driver without the problem and then upgrading the driver seems to work around the problem for some reason. Since the problem persists after using DDU, it could be triggered by some setting in Windows, such as the last resolution and refresh rate set before restarting, or the driver might be incorrectly expecting something that's not there anymore since reset-all.exe and DDU both clear all the display settings.
Unfortunately the RTX 4070 needs a driver from 531.61 onwards. I have tried with that too, no change.

I attach the full registry entry for the display, in case you might notice something strange in there... I am stuck now, am I not? One frame drop every hour... meaning every movie I'll watch will have one minimum... and I always notice them, unfortunately.

There is no other way to create custom resolutions on Nvidia, as far as I'm aware. The built in function of their control panel is broken beyond repair. To the point where I wonder why the hell they are not simply removing it, it's shameful and it's been like that for years.

Attached File(s)
.reg  registry 2.reg (Size: 8.49 KB / Downloads: 75)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously) - ashlar - 12-03-2023 11:16 PM