Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously)
12-06-2023, 02:17 PM (Last edited: 12-06-2023, 09:49 PM by ashlar)
RE: Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously)
(12-04-2023 11:00 PM)ashlar Wrote:  Apparently it was 10 bit vs 8 bit. I always set the display at 10 bit as that's how my panel work. Probably I did not do it once I installed the new GPU, did all the fine tuning... set it at 10 bit and then I wanted to change something. From then on, at every reinstall I set the display at 10 bit. And that was it. Once I tried using CRU with the display set at 8 bit it worked. I finished the fine tuning, with several restarts of the driver... and only then I set the display at 10 bit.

This with latest Nvidia drivers available, 546.17.
Unfortunately it wasn't (or it wasn't just that, since when I switched to 8 bit before it worked instantly) and I've been kicking myself for the past two hours for my stupidity.

I should have created a system restore point when I had everything working. I didn't. Probably thinking "now I've got the secret recipe"...

I went to "play" with settings relevant to VRR and DLSS 3.5... ended up having the machine crash to black screen and... everything started acting up like it was doing before.

No matter the color bit settings, now I can't use CRU. No matter the driver version (tried the ones you suggested, tried others). I'm so f%$£ fed up with this crap (Nvidia's, I mean).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to modify AVR's EDID (I could previously) - ashlar - 12-06-2023 02:17 PM