Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-30-2019, 12:32 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(09-29-2019 05:20 PM)falcao123456 Wrote:  One last question. What is the ati patch for? Is it recommended for my 7970 GHZ?
It's to get around pixel clock limits. You don't need the patch unless Windows isn't listing the resolution because of pixel clock limits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2019, 02:09 AM (Last edited: 09-30-2019, 02:22 AM by jhundelafuente)
(09-30-2019 12:28 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-29-2019 11:20 PM)jhundelafuente Wrote:  I don't have a GPU just the Ryzen 3 APU and nothing else. If I use a VGA connector should it work? My monitor is LG 22MP48HQ-P. i tried to follow the steps in youtube but my monitor went black after saving the changes. I opened the CRU 1.4 then under detailed resolution click on Add and changed the Refresh rate to 75hz. That's all I did, but when I tried to use restart 64, my screen went black and now I am only using VGA. The first one I used is a DVI-D to HDMI connector as my motherboard does not have an HDMI so I have to use an adapter HDMI to connect to the monitor. Can you please provide me the steps on how to set my monitor to 75hz?
APU is fine. Is there any confirmation that the 22MP48HQ will accept 75 Hz at the native resolution? Simply adding a resolution shouldn't make the monitor go black unless it was automatically chosen for some reason, but even if it did, you should have been able to press F8 after running restart64.exe to temporarily undo the changes. If for some reason the driver crashed and the screen stays blank after rebooting, you should be able to start Windows in safe mode and run reset-all.exe and reboot to undo the changes. Since you can connect the monitor two different ways, it might be easier to just connect it the other way instead of booting into safe mode.

I don't know if it will accept 75 Hz with VGA, but I would rather use DVI/HDMI to avoid image quality issues. You might have to use "LCD reduced" timing to get 75 Hz to work. If the monitor won't display 75 Hz, sometimes 72-74 Hz will work.

I will try it right now. I will update you regarding the result. Thank you so much ToastyX

(09-30-2019 02:09 AM)jhundelafuente Wrote:  
(09-30-2019 12:28 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-29-2019 11:20 PM)jhundelafuente Wrote:  I don't have a GPU just the Ryzen 3 APU and nothing else. If I use a VGA connector should it work? My monitor is LG 22MP48HQ-P. i tried to follow the steps in youtube but my monitor went black after saving the changes. I opened the CRU 1.4 then under detailed resolution click on Add and changed the Refresh rate to 75hz. That's all I did, but when I tried to use restart 64, my screen went black and now I am only using VGA. The first one I used is a DVI-D to HDMI connector as my motherboard does not have an HDMI so I have to use an adapter HDMI to connect to the monitor. Can you please provide me the steps on how to set my monitor to 75hz?
APU is fine. Is there any confirmation that the 22MP48HQ will accept 75 Hz at the native resolution? Simply adding a resolution shouldn't make the monitor go black unless it was automatically chosen for some reason, but even if it did, you should have been able to press F8 after running restart64.exe to temporarily undo the changes. If for some reason the driver crashed and the screen stays blank after rebooting, you should be able to start Windows in safe mode and run reset-all.exe and reboot to undo the changes. Since you can connect the monitor two different ways, it might be easier to just connect it the other way instead of booting into safe mode.

I don't know if it will accept 75 Hz with VGA, but I would rather use DVI/HDMI to avoid image quality issues. You might have to use "LCD reduced" timing to get 75 Hz to work. If the monitor won't display 75 Hz, sometimes 72-74 Hz will work.

I will try it right now. I will update you regarding the result. Thank you so much ToastyX

I was able to set the 75hz refresh rate but according to the monitor, the resolution is 1400x1050. I used Reduced option in the application
09-30-2019, 03:10 AM
@ToastyX

Everything seems to be working now except that on my monitor it still says that it is showing 1400x1050. Do you think I am actually seeing 1050p?
09-30-2019, 03:11 AM
(09-30-2019 03:10 AM)jhundelafuente Wrote:  Everything seems to be working now except that on my monitor it still says that it is showing 1400x1050. Do you think I am actually seeing 1050p?
Does Windows show the correct resolution? It should be obvious if the resolution is wrong because the image would either be stretched or have black borders. Sometimes monitors report the wrong resolution.
09-30-2019, 03:35 AM
(09-30-2019 03:11 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-30-2019 03:10 AM)jhundelafuente Wrote:  Everything seems to be working now except that on my monitor it still says that it is showing 1400x1050. Do you think I am actually seeing 1050p?
Does Windows show the correct resolution? It should be obvious if the resolution is wrong because the image would either be stretched or have black borders. Sometimes monitors report the wrong resolution.

Windows still shows 1900x1080. Yey! Thank you so much pal! I think this will now work on my settings playing league of legends Smile
10-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Hi there.

I run an old CRT (Belinea 103050). 800x600x145Hz is possible. I use a Dual Link DVI-I port with a proper DVI to VGA adapter into a VGA cable. All normal resolutions work, with up to roughly 95kHz horizontal frequency.

However, I've been unable to set up *any* custom interlaced resolution. I have tried using the Nvidia Controlpanel, which let's me "test" the resolution, except that it doesn't even seem to apply the actual resolution I want to test if its interlaced. If i then click "Yes" to save it, it simply never shows up. I've tried many resolutions and frequencies, and even VERY low ones with extremely minimal horizontal frequency or pixel bandwith do not work.

I've also tried CRU. I've done it exactly as described, adding the interlaced resolution at the very top entry. I restart the driver, and neither Windows Adaptersettings, nor Nvidia, actually show the resolution that I supposibly created. It's like *ANY* interlaced resolution just will not work if I created it.
If I select an already existing interlaced resolution through Windows, I do seem to get a proper interlaced resolution, so I don't think it's because my CRT can't handle it.

I really hope you guys could help!
Here's some data:
I'm on Windows 10 1903 running the Nvidia 436.30 driver for my GTX 980Ti.

I'll also attach the resolutions.bin!

Best regards

Attached File(s)
.bin  resolutions.bin (Size: 128 bytes / Downloads: 369)
10-02-2019, 11:59 AM (Last edited: 10-02-2019, 12:03 PM by ytszazu)
Good day,

Recently my computer had a windows 10 update. (1st October 2019) - update history says feature updates to Windows 10, version 1903.

Before this, following the guide from the first page, i am able to run some games at resolutions that is not normally listed. Example: 1120 x 630 or 960 x 540. My goal was to get steady 30 fps.

After the windows update, setting the games to the resolutions shown above will create a weird screen, there is a big line cut across the screen, and top middle. The display is shown at top left box. If set the to regular resolutions, (example 720p or 1080p) there is no weird screen. It happens with other games as well.

I removed the custom resolutions, restarted graphics driver, add the customer resolutions and restarted graphics driver, same problem.

Please check the attachments for the display and software settings.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Computer specs:
Lenovo ideapad 320
Processor AMD A9-9420
Radeon R5 integrated GPU

10-02-2019, 01:24 PM
(10-02-2019 11:59 AM)ytszazu Wrote:  Recently my computer had a windows 10 update. (1st October 2019) - update history says feature updates to Windows 10, version 1903.

Before this, following the guide from the first page, i am able to run some games at resolutions that is not normally listed. Example: 1120 x 630 or 960 x 540. My goal was to get steady 30 fps.

After the windows update, setting the games to the resolutions shown above will create a weird screen, there is a big line cut across the screen, and top middle. The display is shown at top left box. If set the to regular resolutions, (example 720p or 1080p) there is no weird screen. It happens with other games as well.
You need to enable GPU scaling. Laptop screens usually don't have scalers, so they can't display non-native resolutions correctly.
10-02-2019, 01:26 PM
(10-02-2019 11:20 AM)Rankhole Wrote:  I run an old CRT (Belinea 103050). 800x600x145Hz is possible. I use a Dual Link DVI-I port with a proper DVI to VGA adapter into a VGA cable. All normal resolutions work, with up to roughly 95kHz horizontal frequency.

However, I've been unable to set up *any* custom interlaced resolution. I have tried using the Nvidia Controlpanel, which let's me "test" the resolution, except that it doesn't even seem to apply the actual resolution I want to test if its interlaced. If i then click "Yes" to save it, it simply never shows up. I've tried many resolutions and frequencies, and even VERY low ones with extremely minimal horizontal frequency or pixel bandwith do not work.

I've also tried CRU. I've done it exactly as described, adding the interlaced resolution at the very top entry. I restart the driver, and neither Windows Adaptersettings, nor Nvidia, actually show the resolution that I supposibly created. It's like *ANY* interlaced resolution just will not work if I created it.
You need to report that to NVIDIA as that's clearly a driver bug or limitation. I don't know if they care enough to fix it since interlaced is hardly used anymore. Interlaced works best with older AMD/ATI cards.
10-02-2019, 08:07 PM
I would like to know which is the best adapter to use with crt monitors.

DP X VGA
HDMI X VGA
DVI X VGA
after all, which one is better?