Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
10-21-2020, 01:20 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(10-20-2020 09:12 AM)Ralegend Wrote:  Hi. Amazing software.
I have two laptops. It was easy to make my first laptop run at 50hz easily. Thank you.
On the other hand, I can not run my second laptop at 50hz. It is a HD5500 graphic driver and 1366x768 resolution laptop. Currently, there are two options; 48hz and 60hz. I tried almost everyting. Exporting the exe and running the EDID, starting with native LCD then change it to manual included.
Could you please help me on that?
Are added refresh rates not showing up in the Windows display settings? That would mean the driver is ignoring the override. Make sure you are using the latest Intel graphics driver because older drivers didn't support EDID overrides.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2020, 10:32 AM
Thank you for this awesome tool!
Personally I am trying to work around Dell limitations on 2nd screen resolution.
I am connecting a Philips 272B8QJEB with a native 2560x1440, 60Hz resolution to a Dell Inspiron 5593, with an Intel Core I5-1035G1, through HDMI. Intel UHD graphics.
The resolution of the 2nd screen is limited to 1920x1080. And for the life of me, I can't get around it.
I tried using CRU, adding the native resolution as a detailed resolution, tried restarting the driver several times, but it seems I am getting something wrong.

Could you please give me some direction? I would greatly appreciate it, as the reason for buying this new monitor was the extra monitor space. Thanks!
10-21-2020, 01:00 PM
(10-21-2020 01:20 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  The timing parameters aren't important and wouldn't break a TV. It sounds like the TV had a bad backlight component. The only way using a higher refresh rate would break the backlight is if the TV has a design flaw and was overdriving the backlight because of the refresh rate, but the panel supports 120 Hz, so that shouldn't happen.

Thank you for your quick feedback. I was thinking in that direction too.

Now I'm just not sure if I should pay an additional 400€ for a Q70T or stick to this TV and turn it down to 100hz maybe. Or it won't make a difference 'cause the device I got was faulty in the first place.

When I get the replacement device in 1 month (either the same or another model) I'll let you know if it happened again or not. lets hope not^^

regards
10-22-2020, 12:21 AM (Last edited: 10-22-2020, 12:58 AM by LLopesx)
Hi, Im with a weird problem with my monitor, i bought it recently, it's a 1080p 144hz monitor and i use it with my laptop i5 7200u and a 930mx from nvidia,
I never added more resolutions to my monitor, and when i launched a game my monitor got into 3840x2160, then i gone to resolutions on windows and there was an option to go to this weird resolution, but 1080p was selected as the recommended resolution.
A few research and i got into your program expecting to just delete this resolutions but they weren't there, here is a few screen captures of my problem:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-22-2020, 12:42 PM
(10-22-2020 12:21 AM)LLopesx Wrote:  Hi, Im with a weird problem with my monitor, i bought it recently, it's a 1080p 144hz monitor and i use it with my laptop i5 7200u and a 930mx from nvidia,
I never added more resolutions to my monitor, and when i launched a game my monitor got into 3840x2160, then i gone to resolutions on windows and there was an option to go to this weird resolution, but 1080p was selected as the recommended resolution.
A few research and i got into your program expecting to just delete this resolutions but they weren't there, here is a few screen captures of my problem:
That's weird. A 1080p monitor normally wouldn't define such a resolution. I was thinking maybe DSR/VSR was enabled, but that shouldn't happen on a laptop with Intel/NVIDIA switchable graphics, and that would use GPU scaling, not something the monitor would see. If the monitor is defining the resolution, it's probably in the extension block, but CRU can't read extension blocks with Intel GPUs. You'll have to delete the extension block, and if the monitor is using HDMI, you'll have to add a CEA-861 extension block with an HDMI support data block for 144 Hz to work, or you can import the hdmi.dat file.
10-22-2020, 12:43 PM
(10-21-2020 10:32 AM)Last Wrote:  Thank you for this awesome tool!
Personally I am trying to work around Dell limitations on 2nd screen resolution.
I am connecting a Philips 272B8QJEB with a native 2560x1440, 60Hz resolution to a Dell Inspiron 5593, with an Intel Core I5-1035G1, through HDMI. Intel UHD graphics.
The resolution of the 2nd screen is limited to 1920x1080. And for the life of me, I can't get around it.
I tried using CRU, adding the native resolution as a detailed resolution, tried restarting the driver several times, but it seems I am getting something wrong.

Could you please give me some direction? I would greatly appreciate it, as the reason for buying this new monitor was the extra monitor space. Thanks!
Make sure the extension block has an HDMI support data block. CRU can't read extension blocks with Intel GPUs, so you'll have to delete any default extension blocks and manually add a CEA-861 extension block with an HDMI support data block, or you can import the hdmi.dat file.
10-22-2020, 02:37 PM
(10-22-2020 12:43 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-21-2020 10:32 AM)Last Wrote:  Thank you for this awesome tool!

Make sure the extension block has an HDMI support data block. CRU can't read extension blocks with Intel GPUs, so you'll have to delete any default extension blocks and manually add a CEA-861 extension block with an HDMI support data block, or you can import the hdmi.dat file.
Thank you very much for your answer. I tried what you said, but either there as some settings in the HDMI support data block I should setup correctly (where I cannot find 2560x1440 as an HDMI resolution) or I have to do something with the detailed resolution of the extension block (where I added a detailed resolution choosing Timing-> Automatic-native (2560x1440 59.950 Hz)
My system does not cooperate or most probably my skills are not up to the task. Is there anything else I can check around here that has to do with Intel Graphics and Dell limitations?

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it!
10-22-2020, 03:31 PM (Last edited: 10-22-2020, 03:34 PM by LLopesx)
(10-22-2020 12:42 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-22-2020 12:21 AM)LLopesx Wrote:  Hi, Im with a weird problem with my monitor, i bought it recently, it's a 1080p 144hz monitor and i use it with my laptop i5 7200u and a 930mx from nvidia,
That's weird. A 1080p monitor normally wouldn't define such a resolution. I was thinking maybe DSR/VSR was enabled, but that shouldn't happen on a laptop with Intel/NVIDIA switchable graphics, and that would use GPU scaling, not something the monitor would see. If the monitor is defining the resolution, it's probably in the extension block, but CRU can't read extension blocks with Intel GPUs. You'll have to delete the extension block, and if the monitor is using HDMI, you'll have to add a CEA-861 extension block with an HDMI support data block for 144 Hz to work, or you can import the hdmi.dat file.

Yeah bro, this is super weird This is freaking me out, thx for the reply
I have to go to CRU and Just import this hdmi.dat file? my monitor is coneccted with an HDMI 2.0 cable
10-22-2020, 03:58 PM (Last edited: 10-22-2020, 03:59 PM by slobo2712)
Hi everyone, I have LG 43UK6300PLB TV , Intel CPU G4620 , Gigabyte B250M-DS3H with 1.4 HDMI out.Im interested if there is any chance to set up 4k60hz 4:2:0 resolution with this configuration.I have tried everything with this utillitu but 4k60hz
just doesnt show up in resolutions ..I know that hdmi 1.4 is limited to 4k30 but is it possible to do this ?https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/nvidia-kepler-4k-hdmi-1.4,27117.html Tnx in advance
10-23-2020, 12:20 AM
(10-22-2020 03:31 PM)LLopesx Wrote:  
(10-22-2020 12:42 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  

Yeah bro, this is super weird This is freaking me out, thx for the reply
I have to go to CRU and Just import this hdmi.dat file? my monitor is coneccted with an HDMI 2.0 cable

Thanks, i did what you said and worked well, but now i don't know how to put more refresh rate than 60hz, there is no option on windows, you saved my day thanks bro