Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
10-15-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(10-10-2020 01:31 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-10-2020 05:38 AM)glockmane Wrote:  I want to try the alternate method but there is no .exe filetype when I click export, only .bin,.dat,.inf & .txt..
Then you are using an old version. You need 1.4.2.

Wow, was using 1.4.1.. Now with the right version I could overclock my display from 60Hz to 100Hz! Great stuff Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2020, 12:12 PM
(10-14-2020 11:38 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-14-2020 02:11 PM)Christosk88 Wrote:  I have overclock monitor my monitor is->https://www.lg.com/in/monitors/lg-22M38H# with custom resolution utility and i don't know how to back to default my monitor support only 60hz and no 75hz i don't have display port only hdmi. So my problem is how to go my monitor back to 60hz? Here is my screenshots...
Run reset-all.exe and reboot to reset the monitor back to default. I don't see anything wrong with the screen shots. They don't show an override in place, and 1920x1080 is at 60 Hz like it should be. Some monitors define 75 Hz at lower resolutions by default, so that's not a problem.

Ok say that if i click reset.all exe then my monitor will turn on or i will have black screen?
10-15-2020, 03:03 PM
(10-15-2020 12:12 PM)Christosk88 Wrote:  Ok say that if i click reset.all exe then my monitor will turn on or i will have black screen?
Running reset-all.exe simply resets software settings. It will not affect the monitor itself.
10-15-2020, 04:07 PM
(10-15-2020 03:03 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-15-2020 12:12 PM)Christosk88 Wrote:  Ok say that if i click reset.all exe then my monitor will turn on or i will have black screen?
Running reset-all.exe simply resets software settings. It will not affect the monitor itself.

Actually i made some change in settings i click add and then i select Automatic - old standard then i put in standradr resolutions 800x600, 1024x768 then extension block i deleetd everything and i kept only hdmi after cllicked restart.exe and then restart my computer after restart computer i went to nvidia control panel and i saw only pc 1920x1080 (native) and not 1080p, 1080i, 720p cause i deleted in another profile and then in nvidia control panel see only pc 1920x1080 (native).

So, about the reset all.exe i will try it some point.
10-18-2020, 10:45 PM
I have a BenQ EX3203r.

I am trying to remove HDR so that Windows, Games, or anything else does not see the monitor supports HDR.

I'm at my wits end with this "feature" that seems to have a mind of its own.

I deleted the HDR entry from the extension block and used the restart64 utility and also tried rebooting on another attempt. But that did not work.

I feel like I have exhausted digging through all the possible entries but I can only find the one reference to HDR. Definitely possible that I missed it but I have been messing with this for like an hour now.

Unfortunately, after deleting that entry Windows still says HDR is available. I tried a few other things that did not go well.

Is it even possible to prevent the monitor from being recognized that is supports HDR? If so what entries would I need to remove or modify?
10-19-2020, 02:23 AM
(10-18-2020 10:45 PM)k3mist Wrote:  Is it even possible to prevent the monitor from being recognized that is supports HDR? If so what entries would I need to remove or modify?
HDMI or DisplayPort?
10-19-2020, 06:22 PM (Last edited: 10-19-2020, 06:29 PM by falkentyne)
(10-14-2020 11:36 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-14-2020 05:26 PM)Kulagin Wrote:  Manufacturers of all 3 things claim to support 1.2? Looks like at least one of them is lying? Is it video card or the cable? Other people managed to overclock this monitor up to 250 Hz, so it's most probably not monitor's fault. Any suggestions what to do?
That's just the maximum speed for DisplayPort 1.2, which requires HBR2 mode. The BenQ XL2720Z doesn't support HBR2 as far as I know. Going higher than 480 MHz requires YCbCr 4:2:2, but I don't know if AMD's driver has a way to do that.

Hi ToastyX. Haven't seen you in a long time. Hope you're doing well.
Yeah I don't know how people got more than 221hz either. With reduced timings, 222hz+ goes above 480 mhz. Perhaps those people were using Nvidia video cards?
I saw that thread on blurbusters, but those people who got 230hz without the monitor white screening itself didn't say what video card they were using, afaik.

My Vega 64 died over a week ago (RIP) and I'm on a RTX 3090 FE now, but my XL2720Z is still in service until I can save up enough for a XL2746S. The 3090 FE purchase bankrupted my wallet.

To be honest, I wouldn't suggest going past 165hz on a XL2720Z anyway. You can stay below 360 mhz with some tweaking of the timings, and keep 8 bit color depth. 6 bpc completely sucks. I mean it's bad. Then if your panel can handle it, when you start getting close to 200 hz, the colors and gamma can start going south also.

Kulagin, what firmware is your XL2720Z? The last time I was messing around with 400 mhz+ pixel clocks, I was either on 004 or 005 Benq firmware. I forgot what I was doing back then, but I think I was messing around with a display scaled 2560x1440 custom resolution, which I got working at 100hz without problems, but 2560x1440 @ 120hz displayed an image but caused flickering pixels. I think I was around 460 mhz pixel clock. This was years ago but I remember the highest I could get was 115 mhz by reducing the pixel clock until the pixels stopped flickering.

Someone in the thread who said they got 240hz or something were on 008 Zowie firmware. I'm on 008, which I flashed with my Mstar ISP device ages ago but I never re-visited the 1440p 120hz issue on it with the high pixel clock. And I'm highly skeptical that a simple firmware update can make such high pixel clocks work. Maybe I'll mess around later and see what happens since I'm on an Nvidia card again anyway.
10-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Hi. Amazing software.
I have two laptops. It was easy to make my first laptop run at 50hz easily. Thank you.
On the other hand, I can not run my second laptop at 50hz. It is a HD5500 graphic driver and 1366x768 resolution laptop. Currently, there are two options; 48hz and 60hz. I tried almost everyting. Exporting the exe and running the EDID, starting with native LCD then change it to manual included.
Could you please help me on that?
10-20-2020, 07:48 PM
Hi!

thanks for creating this tool.

I have a question:

Can this tool break TV's?

I'm asking because I got a new Hisense U8B TV and when I was plugging it into my PC I couldn't find any settings for 120hz.

The resolution I was going for was 1440p @ 120hz through HDMI 2.0 . Should work, shouldn't it?
Well , at least I got a stable signal. I used the middle value between 1080p and 4k and changed 60hz for 120hz , and the Output was showing 120.00 hz too. Can you just change the Hz without editing the other values?

So I was playing some THPS1+2 in HDR (RGB mode) , some RDR2 and couple other games and it ran smooth and I couldn't be happier.

But now a few days ago the backlight of the TV seems to have broken and I'm not sure if its because of this tool, wrong values or god knows.

It got so bad that the TV isn't usable anymore as the backlight doesnt start.
Even when the HDMI isn't plugged in anymore.
Thing is, if I point a flashlight to the tv I can still see picture, it's just not lit.

If I had to guess this tool shouldn't make a difference to the LED array backlightning should it? As I mentioned, WHEN the picture was there I couldn't see any issues at all. But the device seems to have an issue turning on the LED Array.

Luckily I can return the device so thats what I'll do.
Have I been just shit out of luck or could I have missused this tool which caused the LED Array to fail?
I'll attach the screens with the values (1440p is the custom one) maybe you can see something.

Because if I get the same TV Model again from the seller, I don't want to run into the same mistake again. Would it help to put it down a notch, to 100hz ?

Man I'm stressed because of this x)

thanks for reading
regards

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-21-2020, 01:20 AM
(10-20-2020 07:48 PM)therazorah Wrote:  Can this tool break TV's?

I'm asking because I got a new Hisense U8B TV and when I was plugging it into my PC I couldn't find any settings for 120hz.

The resolution I was going for was 1440p @ 120hz through HDMI 2.0 . Should work, shouldn't it?
Well , at least I got a stable signal. I used the middle value between 1080p and 4k and changed 60hz for 120hz , and the Output was showing 120.00 hz too. Can you just change the Hz without editing the other values?
The timing parameters aren't important and wouldn't break a TV. It sounds like the TV had a bad backlight component. The only way using a higher refresh rate would break the backlight is if the TV has a design flaw and was overdriving the backlight because of the refresh rate, but the panel supports 120 Hz, so that shouldn't happen.