Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
10-19-2021, 01:25 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(10-15-2021 11:24 AM)Flipfuchs Wrote:  Dolby Digital over GPU-HDMI

could someplease please give me an Instruction how to get that to work?
ive found an Instruction on the web, but dont get it work.

I imported the "hdmi2-bitstream.dat" to CRU but dont know exacly what to do next.
tried editing a few things, but didnt get Dolby to show up for my Device.
You need to use a resolution with high enough blanking to support the audio format.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2021, 05:48 AM (Last edited: 10-20-2021, 06:06 AM by bkebha)
Hi everyone! I am running a HDTV as monitor in my PC through VGA cable. This TV's specs show only HD ready but somehow it runs on full HD when I plug a firestick into the HDMI port. This made me curious to find a way to run it on full hd when connected to computer.
Full HD wasn't listed as one of the resolutions in windows so I found CRU and added 1920x1080 resolution to the list in CRU and clicked ok. It went kind of downhill from there. All the previous modes listed went away and my intel graphics driver has a warning symbol next to it in device manager. Dedicated graphics memory shows 0mb and adapter type has switched to microsoft basic display driver. I have a very old pc with intel G41 chipset and I am running windows 10 32 bit version. I have tried the following till now.
1) Clicking "Restart driver" and "reset all" from CRU
2) Reinstalling intel hd driver from device manager - update driver
3) Simple PC restart
4) Shutting down PC and unplugging for few mins before restarting (this brought one additional resolution back to windows)
If anyone could help me restore the previous state, I would be very happy.
I have attached 2 screenshots below.
screenshot of device manager code 43
[Image: gCR0Mr.jpg]
Showing 0mb dedicated memory and basic driver instead of intel graphics
[Image: gDJAYM.jpg]
10-20-2021, 08:12 PM (Last edited: 10-20-2021, 08:13 PM by ikn-)
Which of the 2 values is better?        
10-21-2021, 02:21 PM
(10-19-2021 01:25 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-15-2021 11:24 AM)Flipfuchs Wrote:  Dolby Digital over GPU-HDMI

could someplease please give me an Instruction how to get that to work?
ive found an Instruction on the web, but dont get it work.

I imported the "hdmi2-bitstream.dat" to CRU but dont know exacly what to do next.
tried editing a few things, but didnt get Dolby to show up for my Device.
You need to use a resolution with high enough blanking to support the audio format.

dont get that to work... maybe its the GPU uses HDMI 2.1 Port?
10-21-2021, 09:27 PM
(10-21-2021 02:21 PM)Flipfuchs Wrote:  dont get that to work... maybe its the GPU uses HDMI 2.1 Port?
I don't know what you mean. What device are you using for audio? Normally you shouldn't have to add Dolby Digital if the device supports it.
10-21-2021, 09:28 PM
(10-20-2021 08:12 PM)ikn- Wrote:  Which of the 2 values is better?
Better for what? Higher pixel clock wastes bandwidth, and lower vertical blanking will prevent the GPU from clocking down, so neither is better than the common standards.
10-21-2021, 09:28 PM
(10-20-2021 05:48 AM)bkebha Wrote:  Hi everyone! I am running a HDTV as monitor in my PC through VGA cable. This TV's specs show only HD ready but somehow it runs on full HD when I plug a firestick into the HDMI port. This made me curious to find a way to run it on full hd when connected to computer.
Full HD wasn't listed as one of the resolutions in windows so I found CRU and added 1920x1080 resolution to the list in CRU and clicked ok. It went kind of downhill from there. All the previous modes listed went away and my intel graphics driver has a warning symbol next to it in device manager. Dedicated graphics memory shows 0mb and adapter type has switched to microsoft basic display driver. I have a very old pc with intel G41 chipset and I am running windows 10 32 bit version.
There's no reason for that to happen because CRU doesn't touch the graphics driver, and running reset-all.exe and rebooting removes all changes, so something else is going on. It's possible the graphics driver failed to restart after running restart.exe, but in that case, you can just reboot and run restart.exe or enable the device manually in Device Manager. I don't see how the problem could persist after reinstalling the graphics driver. Try using DDU to completely uninstall the graphics driver before reinstalling it: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-
10-22-2021, 01:37 PM (Last edited: 10-22-2021, 01:39 PM by bkebha)
(10-21-2021 09:28 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-20-2021 05:48 AM)bkebha Wrote:  Hi everyone! I am running a HDTV as monitor in my PC through VGA cable......Dedicated graphics memory shows 0mb and adapter type has switched to microsoft basic display driver. .... I am running windows 10 32 bit version.
There's no reason for that to happen because CRU doesn't touch the graphics driver, and running reset-all.exe and rebooting removes all changes, so something else is going on. It's possible the graphics driver failed to restart after running restart.exe, but in that case, you can just reboot and run restart.exe or enable the device manually in Device Manager. I don't see how the problem could persist after reinstalling the graphics driver. Try using DDU to completely uninstall the graphics driver before reinstalling it: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-
Thankyou very much for your suggestion to uninstall the driver and for answering all queries on this forum, helping out people that are stuck. I simply uninstalled the driver from "add or remove programs" and it worked!. The pc took a long time to shut down and turn back on but when it did start, the display was clearer, the long list of resolutions was back, the display driver also got re-installed automatically (I guess by Windows 10). The yellow triangle warning sign under "display adapters" in device manager is gone and "Intel® G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)" is listed there and working properly. I got my 64b back lol.
Thanks once again
[Image: 64-mb-graphics-back-in-action.png]
10-23-2021, 07:32 AM (Last edited: 10-23-2021, 07:35 AM by MyAngelMegu)
Hello, I am having issues with making new resolution on Windows 11. Over at Windows 10 this program worked flawlessly. My objective is to get 16:9 resolutions on 16:10 monitor. I can do exactly that on Windows 10, just add 1920x1080 at detailed resolution and done! However I can't seem to achieve that on Windows 11. I can't find the custom resolution I'm trying to add on Display settings. Even after restart64.exe and windows reboot, it's same issue.
I assumed it could be because my AMD software messing with it's own custom resolution, so I fresh reinstalled Windows 11 without AMD software, and it's still same. At least with AMD software I can add 1920x1080 but it doesn't automatically set 16:9 as native res as well as introduces problems like forced 6bit color depth and too much display flicker.
Can I get any solution about this? My GPU is AMD Radeon Vega 8, integrated on Ryzen 3 2200G. Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Screenshot: [Image: t9rcldG.png] (It says Restart required even though I restarted countless times and used restart64.exe)
10-23-2021, 04:27 PM (Last edited: 10-23-2021, 04:31 PM by ikn-)
(10-21-2021 09:28 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(10-20-2021 08:12 PM)ikn- Wrote:  Which of the 2 values is better?
Better for what? Higher pixel clock wastes bandwidth, and lower vertical blanking will prevent the GPU from clocking down, so neither is better than the common standards.
Can you recommend something to read or explain what I need to know to do something decent with CRU?
I would like to learn more about monitors Smile