Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
02-08-2022, 03:50 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(02-08-2022 02:55 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-08-2022 09:36 AM)JayBee Wrote:  Is there anything else I could try to solve the issue? I'm a bit desperate as this is the only solution for me to enable 5.1 LPCM and remove those erroneous default resolutions the tv is reporting Confused
Did you report the problem to NVIDIA? Driver crashes should be reported to them. What might be happening is Windows Update is automatically upgrading the driver to a newer version after you install it.
I did report it back then, but as you can imagine they didn't even bother answering...

Windows update for drivers is disabled, and I checked the drivers version in Nvidia control panel several times as well.
Note that back then when I managed to make it work with the older drivers, it didn't work on the first try, it took me some time to make it work. But as it ended up working I just thought I missed something the first times around.

Now I'm starting to think it's something else entirely causing the crash, as I tried few versions of the Nvidia drivers and none work, despite my hardware and windows version being the same as before.
Only change is the windows clean reinstall.

Not sure it's related but at some point my TV was glitching and making my PC get blue screen when I was plugging it in. I didn't know it was even possible. But it got easily solved by do a full reset of the TV. Not this time tho.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2022, 01:41 AM
I'm well aware it's most likely something in my setup messing it up tho, not your app itself. I just want to find what that is so I can fix it for me and for other people Big Grin

Oh and I'm not sure I mentioned, but editing other screens than my TV (ones with more simple EDID) don't cause any crash at all, no matter the drivers version. Only the LG TV is causing it.
Still convinced it has something to do with the big amount of data in the EDID report, as all devices with EDID copy function I tested with it also had issues (usually breaking several features).
Would that help if I dump the EDID and send it here, or make screenshots of the different blocks and their data?
02-09-2022, 04:08 AM
(02-09-2022 01:41 AM)JayBee Wrote:  Still convinced it has something to do with the big amount of data in the EDID report, as all devices with EDID copy function I tested with it also had issues (usually breaking several features).
Would that help if I dump the EDID and send it here, or make screenshots of the different blocks and their data?
I would like to see the EDID dump.
02-09-2022, 02:03 PM
(02-09-2022 04:08 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-09-2022 01:41 AM)JayBee Wrote:  Still convinced it has something to do with the big amount of data in the EDID report, as all devices with EDID copy function I tested with it also had issues (usually breaking several features).
I would like to see the EDID dump.

Here it is, the unmodified dump Smile

Attached File(s)
.bin  LGTV.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 108)
02-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Des all

I have an asus mx38vc and i was able to overclock it From 75 to 90 Hz without free Sync enable on the screen menu.
But when i attempt to enable it, i have a Black screen.
The Same appen with modifyng free Sync limite on cru.
Stock 52 75 =) modifier 52 90hz.
Amy suggestions ?
I have Nvidia 3080 cards
02-09-2022, 04:16 PM
Where are you seeing a big amount of data? The EDID dump looks perfectly fine, and CRU reads everything just fine. I also checked with edid-decode, and it didn't report any issues. The crash is definitely an NVIDIA driver bug as other people with NVIDIA GPUs have reported the issue with some displays.

What changes are you making? The only potential issue I see is the 4:2:0 capability map defines the first 8 TV resolutions as 4:2:0 resolutions, but if you have at least 8 TV resolutions, then the data is still valid, although maybe not what you want. You can delete the capability map if you're not using 4:2:0.
02-09-2022, 04:20 PM
(02-09-2022 03:18 PM)sidilarsen Wrote:  I have an asus mx38vc and i was able to overclock it From 75 to 90 Hz without free Sync enable on the screen menu.
Amy suggestions ?
I have Nvidia 3080 cards
My suggestion is use 75 Hz if you want FreeSync, or get a monitor that can handle higher refresh rates.
02-09-2022, 05:01 PM
(02-09-2022 04:20 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-09-2022 03:18 PM)sidilarsen Wrote:  I have an asus mx38vc and i was able to overclock it From 75 to 90 Hz without free Sync enable on the screen menu.
Amy suggestions ?
I have Nvidia 3080 cards
My suggestion is use 75 Hz if you want FreeSync, or get a monitor that can handle higher refresh rates.
Thank you for the respond.
02-09-2022, 09:03 PM
Hi ToastyX, I have been using cru for a while now to modify the resolutions of my monitors and laptop and its a great app man.

I have a Samsung Q80R hdtv which I use a as monitor, out of box its max res is 4K@60, I can do 4k@120 by using a 4:2:0 resolution but these are timmings fixed, is there a way to create a custom 4:2:0 resolution so I can create a 4K@60 but with a large vertical total???
02-10-2022, 06:18 AM
(02-09-2022 09:03 PM)terry98 Wrote:  Hi ToastyX, I have been using cru for a while now to modify the resolutions of my monitors and laptop and its a great app man.

I have a Samsung Q80R hdtv which I use a as monitor, out of box its max res is 4K@60, I can do 4k@120 by using a 4:2:0 resolution but these are timmings fixed, is there a way to create a custom 4:2:0 resolution so I can create a 4K@60 but with a large vertical total???
Not currently.