Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
03-30-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(03-16-2013 09:17 AM)Chrisoldinho Wrote:  75Hz now working using "best for LCD" settings, not sure why it suddenly works but I am not complaining Smile

Any more than 75 though and I get out of range so this would appear to be the limit on this display.
I added an "LCD reduced" option to the latest version. See if that works for 76 Hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 10:06 AM
(03-30-2013 06:23 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(03-16-2013 09:17 AM)Chrisoldinho Wrote:  75Hz now working using "best for LCD" settings, not sure why it suddenly works but I am not complaining Smile

Any more than 75 though and I get out of range so this would appear to be the limit on this display.
I added an "LCD reduced" option to the latest version. See if that works for 76 Hz.

So close to working Big Grin

I run 3 monitors, 2 via mini DP adapters (into GPU) then DVI into the monitors, the other is a straight 1 DVI, all 3 are using DVI-D cables.

The 2 connected via mini DP have "wobbly" screens at the 76Hz setting, the one connected straight via DVI works fine.

Any ideas?
Chris.
04-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Active adapters convert the signal, so maybe the adapter itself can't handle it.
04-01-2013, 02:18 PM
(04-01-2013 12:47 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Active adapters convert the signal, so maybe the adapter itself can't handle it.

Thanks for the reply. I am happy with 75, I can live without that one extra FPS in games Smile
04-01-2013, 11:12 PM
ToastyX
Sorry, I wrote my previous question with my brain disabled. Wasn't it always hardware limited to 165Mhz per link by the monitor or the v-card - is exactly what I meant. Thanks for clarifying, I never thought it was just a driver limit.
Are there any limits for DP ? Because, when I tried to go even slightly higher than 165Mhz over DP on my DELL U2211H - I got black screen. So I wonder, if there is a software limit for it as well, or my monitor simply can't handle anything over 165Mhz.
04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
DisplayPort has limits but not at 165 MHz. That's probably a monitor limitation. I didn't have trouble going past 165 MHz over DisplayPort with the NEC EA231WMi/EA232WMi. I tested both AMD and NVIDIA.
04-02-2013, 08:38 PM
I finally found a way to properly detect which monitors are connected. Now the active status should be reliable and should work in Windows 8, so there shouldn't be any confusion as to which monitor entries to edit. I also fixed question marks and odd characters appearing with some languages.

I think it's about time to call it 1.0. I still plan to work on it, but basic functionality is complete at this point.
04-03-2013, 11:10 AM
ToastyX thanks for this great program. Simple, fast & effective Smile
My only question is whether it's possible to add more than 4 "detailed resolutions"?
I'm setting up various custom res's with odd refresh rates etc for use in mame.
04-03-2013, 12:58 PM
That's an EDID limitation. The base EDID only has four slots that can be used for detailed timing descriptors. It's possible to add more through the use of extension blocks, but the program doesn't currently have that functionality. I plan to add the ability to create a custom extension block eventually, but not in the immediate future. It will be a while before I get around to it because of the work involved. I also have to figure out why NVIDIA's driver ignores custom resolutions when the extension block flag is set, but maybe that won't be a problem when a custom extension block is defined.
04-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Ok sounds good, thanks Smile
Actually I'm running a radeon 6850, is there any advantage for me if I have the extension block flag set?