Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
04-20-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(04-20-2016 01:11 PM)tanuki Wrote:  First, on one of the TVs the screen gets a green tint when I set the native resolution to 1080p 60hz. This doesn't happen when I select that resolution without CRU.

Second, on the other TV, the custom native resolution makes the TV use full RGB range, which completely screws up the colours. You'd think I could just toggle this in NVIDIA control panel, but when setting a custom resolution with CRU, the RGB toggle function becomes disabled.

I'm on Windows 10, and using NVIDIA (yes, I'm using "custom extension block", although I'm not really sure how to use it), the card is a 980 Ti.
If the TVs are using HDMI, you need to add an HDMI support data block in the custom extension block, or import one of the hdmi.dat files in the first post. Otherwise, it will be treated as single-link DVI, which is always full range.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2016, 10:28 PM
(04-17-2016 11:05 PM)Spec-Chum Wrote:  I've now got a 3440x1440 75hz monitor (Acer XR341CK) which works all fine and dandy but I don't really want to drop to 1080p when a game doesn't support 21:9. So I added 2560x1440 as a resolution at 75hz using CRU but when I start a game I get a "no signal error" but when I select it from Windows it's fine. Games seem to be selecting a 60hz 1440p that I didn't set up?
I don't know if FreeSync monitors support custom resolutions. You might have to use GPU scaling, and it might behave differently depending on whether FreeSync is active or not.
04-21-2016, 04:12 AM
(04-17-2016 10:02 PM)JeanAbdel Wrote:  but now , for no reason , when i put the Saturation at 0 in the AMD catalyst control center / Crimson , my Samsung is totaly red and black while my iiyama is black and white ( like it should be )
I don't know why that would happen. That seems like a driver bug because the saturation is handled by the video card, not the monitor.

(04-17-2016 10:02 PM)JeanAbdel Wrote:  and i got another big problem , when i set my iiyama on 100hz or more , i have random artifacts on the screen , and everytime when an artifact comes , i can hear a big POKE from my screen ( i don't really know how to describe it )

Can you help me please ? ( sorry for bad english )

Edit : ok now , even in 60hz and 59 hz , i have random Artifacts and black screens Sad
The monitor sounds defective, but I don't see how that could happen simply from trying 145 Hz. Check the cable to make sure it didn't come loose, and try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute to reset it.

To make sure this isn't a software problem, use DDU to completely remove all traces of the graphics driver: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-...aller-ddu-

Then download and install the latest AMD driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
04-28-2016, 04:21 PM (Last edited: 04-28-2016, 04:23 PM by BradleyW)
Hello,

I've followed much of your work and I'd like to ask for your opinion regarding refresh rates and the new HITMAN game for PC. Here's the situation:

The game won't operate at 144Hz unless I play in D3D11 mode in Full Screen (Borderless Window).

In other words:

DX11 Mode:
Windowed - No refresh rate lock. (No FPS lock)
Full Screen - No refresh rate lock. (No FPS lock)
Exclusive Full Screen - 60 Hz lock. (No FPS lock)

DX12 Mode:
Windowed - No refresh rate lock. (No FPS lock)
Full Screen - 60 Hz lock. (No FPS lock)
Exclusive Full Screen - 60 Hz lock. (No FPS lock)

I was able to get 144Hz working in all configurations listed above by making a simple Reg Tweak in the game's Reg files. This fix after the latest patch no longer works.

290X
AMD 16.4.2
BenQ XR3501 2560 x 1080 21:9 144Hz, connected via MiniDP 1.2.

What would you suggest? Thank you.
04-29-2016, 12:33 AM (Last edited: 04-29-2016, 05:56 AM by ardour)
Hello Toasty,

For the last 2 months I’ve had a Samsung s24SE510 running overclocked at 72hz (using both CRU and a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel, standard timings I think). Within the last couple of weeks there’s been random black screens for 2-3 seconds after about 1-2 hours use, increasing in frequency until eventually the monitor shuts down and has to be unplugged/restarted. It's occurring even at 60hz now.

This had never happened when using another Samsung monitor (S24D590PL) overclocked to 76Hz for extended periods, so it doesn’t seem like a Nvidia driver issue or a problem with the HDMI cable.

Have I somehow fried my monitor?
05-03-2016, 11:11 AM (Last edited: 05-03-2016, 12:27 PM by Infinity)
Hello everyone!
I have overclocked Samsung S22D390Q (PLS panel) monitor to 75 Hz on it's native resolution (Full HD) and auto timings (the same as LCD Standart in CRU) using HDMI 1.4 cable and Nvidia GTX 760 Ti (OEM) video card (by the specifications it is rebrand of GTX 670) using Nvidia's custom resolution tool. Everything works normal and stable.
I have a question about timings and polarity.
I've read on this forum what on different refresh rates display needs different timings.
Can I use standart LCD timings on 75 Hz or its better to go with another?(ex. for 120hz or LCD Reduced)
And what polarity should I choose? I've read that negative polarity can reduce response time. Is it true?
And what changes then i modify timings or polarity?
And finally, what is VT or HT tweak?
Sorry for my not ideal English.
05-04-2016, 10:09 AM
(05-03-2016 11:11 AM)Infinity Wrote:  Can I use standart LCD timings on 75 Hz or its better to go with another?(ex. for 120hz or LCD Reduced)
Use whatever works. You only need to change the timing parameters if the monitor or video card can't handle them.

(05-03-2016 11:11 AM)Infinity Wrote:  And what polarity should I choose? I've read that negative polarity can reduce response time. Is it true?
Where did you read that? Polarity doesn't matter.

(05-03-2016 11:11 AM)Infinity Wrote:  And finally, what is VT or HT tweak?
"VT tweak" means increasing the vertical total to reduce crosstalk with certain strobing monitors. This wouldn't apply to your monitor.
05-04-2016, 10:11 AM
(04-29-2016 12:33 AM)ardour Wrote:  Hello Toasty,

For the last 2 months I’ve had a Samsung s24SE510 running overclocked at 72hz (using both CRU and a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel, standard timings I think). Within the last couple of weeks there’s been random black screens for 2-3 seconds after about 1-2 hours use, increasing in frequency until eventually the monitor shuts down and has to be unplugged/restarted. It's occurring even at 60hz now.

This had never happened when using another Samsung monitor (S24D590PL) overclocked to 76Hz for extended periods, so it doesn’t seem like a Nvidia driver issue or a problem with the HDMI cable.

Have I somehow fried my monitor?
72 Hz wouldn't fry the monitor. The monitor probably went bad on its own. The problem sounds like a bad connection or failing component in the monitor that gets worse as the monitor warms up.
05-04-2016, 10:14 AM
(04-28-2016 04:21 PM)BradleyW Wrote:  I was able to get 144Hz working in all configurations listed above by making a simple Reg Tweak in the game's Reg files. This fix after the latest patch no longer works.

290X
AMD 16.4.2
BenQ XR3501 2560 x 1080 21:9 144Hz, connected via MiniDP 1.2.

What would you suggest? Thank you.
Try making 144 Hz the first detailed resolution. If that doesn't help, the only way around this is to get rid of all the other refresh rates.
05-12-2016, 12:46 AM (Last edited: 05-12-2016, 01:42 AM by laika)
Toasty, before anything, amazing program. But I've been having a tough time transmitting audio through my HDMI to my hdtv (serving as monitor).

CRU does what is expected, it allows my crappy hdtv resolution to work with (real) 1920x1080.

But when I try using the hdmi.audio custom extension block, my resolution goes back to the crappy one.
The only way to fix this is to set it as 'No Extension Block', but this way I can't have working hdmi audio, because it's detected as a DVI.

I have everything set accordingly, and only have one detailed 1920x1080@60hz resolution active.

I am using an Nvidia 970gtx, what can I do?
Here's an image of how it's set in my computer:
[Image: j2M6ELT.png]

Every time I activate the 'custom extension block' (to add audio.hdmi), it rolls back to the old resolution.
Please help me Toasty, or anyone else.

Before you suggest, I have done complete nvidia drivers re-installs and cleaned drivers before doing the re-installs.

EDIT:
I found out that if I place a 'Tv Resolution' in the custom extension block window, that I am able to have an extension block active whithouth losing my custom 1920x1080@60hz resolution.

However, if I add an 'hdmi support' data block, it doesn't allow me to have the custom resolution.

What do I do?

edit 2:
In the data block 'hdmi support' how do I add a 1920x1080@60hz resolution?
There is only 3840x2160 and 4096x2160 available.
What's the custom VIC number for 1920x1080@60hz resolution?