Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-06-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(12-06-2016 01:04 PM)dieandromeda Wrote:  however, this resolution randomly appear after i reboot/switch on pc in windows display properties. i check cru again and this resolution has been deleted, so i need to use restart.exe to refresh and 4096x2160 gone.
That should not happen. If it works after running restart.exe, then it's a driver bug.

Try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver after using DDU:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-...aller-ddu-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2016, 11:19 PM
(12-05-2016 03:06 PM)sipe Wrote:  hey toasty! What do the supported content type modes do in hdmi support in the extension block there is like game mode picture mode.... thanks in advance
It defines what content types the TV supports. Some TVs can automatically change picture settings and image processing depending on the content type. I know the NVIDIA control panel has an option to set the content type. I don't know about AMD.
12-06-2016, 11:23 PM
(12-05-2016 10:35 AM)freeflow Wrote:  So my curiosity lies mainly in asking why the resolution is compressed horizontally. IMHO this is a windows thing as it doesn't seem to matter what I use for front porch, back parch, sync timings etc, provided I don't exceed a bandwidth of 150 MHz I get a 2560x1440 display but with the same appearance, the rightmost edge of the display appears about 3/4 across the screen.
The problem with VGA is the GPU has to do digital to analog conversion, and then the monitor has to do analog to digital conversion, so something is going wrong during this process. Since we know the monitor is capable of handling it correctly, I'm thinking the GPU is not sending out the proper signal. It really sounds like an issue with the timing parameters, so maybe it's not actually using what you put in.
12-06-2016, 11:27 PM
(12-05-2016 06:28 AM)Mxoagn Wrote:  They confirmed its coming, I'm mostly asking will your software support it once its added?
CRU already uses EDID overrides, so it should work in theory, but I can't guarantee anything because I don't know what other limitations the driver will have.
12-07-2016, 03:42 AM
(12-06-2016 11:17 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 01:04 PM)dieandromeda Wrote:  however, this resolution randomly appear after i reboot/switch on pc in windows display properties. i check cru again and this resolution has been deleted, so i need to use restart.exe to refresh and 4096x2160 gone.
That should not happen. If it works after running restart.exe, then it's a driver bug.

Try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver after using DDU:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/?q=display-...aller-ddu-

yup that weird. i always use ddu when installing new driver.
- it seem my tv use default inf. is there any troubleshoot that i can check? or any additional registry or setting i can try?

tq
12-07-2016, 11:19 AM
(12-07-2016 03:42 AM)dieandromeda Wrote:  yup that weird. i always use ddu when installing new driver.
- it seem my tv use default inf. is there any troubleshoot that i can check? or any additional registry or setting i can try?
What do you mean by default inf? Is the monitor listed as "Generic PnP Monitor" in Device Manager?
12-07-2016, 02:44 PM
(12-07-2016 11:19 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 03:42 AM)dieandromeda Wrote:  yup that weird. i always use ddu when installing new driver.
What do you mean by default inf? Is the monitor listed as "Generic PnP Monitor" in Device Manager?

that is my assumption. regarding monitor driver, yes it use "Generic PnP Monitor" since I'm using TV, no specific driver installed.
12-08-2016, 07:44 PM
(12-07-2016 02:44 PM)dieandromeda Wrote:  that is my assumption. regarding monitor driver, yes it use "Generic PnP Monitor" since I'm using TV, no specific driver installed.
Then it has to be an NVIDIA driver bug. If you see any "4:2:0 capability map" or "Video preference" data blocks, try deleting them.
12-09-2016, 08:22 PM (Last edited: 12-09-2016, 08:28 PM by Digital_MacGyver)
Hello All - I'm new to this forum and firstly wanted to say hi. Now down to business. I have a digital signage system i have built that has a 6 Display Port AMD Radeon HD 7700 card installed made by Visiontek. The system is windows 7 running the Xibo clients for the content. My problem is i need to enable all six Dp's even if windows thinks no monitor is connected. Then windows would see six monitors and allow xibo to use them for content. The video matrix that the DP's connect to doesn't register correctly as a monitor thus windows does not see it. Using the CRU program i only see the two active monitors in the drop down list. how can i make CRU see the other 4 so i can hard code the resolutions?

THANKS!
12-11-2016, 12:14 AM
(12-09-2016 08:22 PM)Digital_MacGyver Wrote:  Hello All - I'm new to this forum and firstly wanted to say hi. Now down to business. I have a digital signage system i have built that has a 6 Display Port AMD Radeon HD 7700 card installed made by Visiontek. The system is windows 7 running the Xibo clients for the content. My problem is i need to enable all six Dp's even if windows thinks no monitor is connected. Then windows would see six monitors and allow xibo to use them for content. The video matrix that the DP's connect to doesn't register correctly as a monitor thus windows does not see it. Using the CRU program i only see the two active monitors in the drop down list. how can i make CRU see the other 4 so i can hard code the resolutions?
I don't understand what you're trying to do. If CRU only shows two active monitors, then the graphics card only recognizes two monitors. Why doesn't the graphics card recognize the video matrix? How are the monitors connected?

CRU cannot emulate monitors. You'd need a FirePro or Quadro card for that, but I don't see how creating dummy monitors would solve your problem. If the graphics card doesn't recognize the monitors, how do you expect to display anything on them?