Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-11-2017, 06:13 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-11-2017 05:28 PM)tree Wrote:  I get an "Access Violation at Adress 76019B60 in module msvcrt.dll.
Read of adress [different adresses but they are repeating]."

Followed by an "Access Violation in CRU.exe. Read of adress 000000BB."
What antivirus are you using, if any? Do any of the older versions work? Older versions are available at the bottom of the first post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2017, 06:22 PM
[/quote]
What antivirus are you using, if any? Do any of the older versions work? Older versions are available at the bottom of the first post.
[/quote]
No Antivirus at all.
I'll try that!
01-11-2017, 08:37 PM
(01-11-2017 04:24 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 03:29 PM)Auauaiuaua Wrote:  I tried booting my computer in safe mode and changing display settings there, and display adapter settings but with no avail. I also tried tinkering CRU in safe mode but when I restart, my monitor still says out of range.
Run reset-all.exe in safe mode.

Thanks! It worked
01-12-2017, 04:52 AM
Hey guys I'm sure this has been answered before. when trying to Overclock my Qnix qx2710 I used the Latest Crimson Driver 16.12.2 and the AMD/ATI patch. I had the monitor set to 100 hz Stable on my old GTX card. when I set it to 100 hz in CRU and restarted it it just flashed RGB when it booted back up. I was able to put my old card in and Clean install AMD drivers and its fine now. well anyway im just a bit whery to do any overclocking again. let me know if there is something I could do better.
I did read through the CRU page and followed it as best I could.

Thanks mates, Nebula[/font]
01-12-2017, 09:24 AM
(01-11-2017 04:28 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 08:16 AM)Reineke Wrote:  I am using the Samsung Syncmaster TA950. I found out that the monitor is capable of showing 120hz but only from its own internal TV-Source(?!).
There are, regarding to the data-sheet, two HDMI 1.4 inputs. AFAIK HDMI 1.4 can do 1080p @ 120Hz?
HDMI 1.4 can do 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz, but that doesn't mean the monitor can. I don't think that monitor supports 120 Hz input. The only way to know for sure is to test it.

Hey, the Data sheet tells that it is capable of doing 120Hz but I could imagine that it is just for the internal TV-Signal (DVB-S & Cable).

On the PC I can just select the 60Hz mode.

Did I correct when I just used the CRU and added a resolution of 1080p@120hz and then tried to choose this one in the "adapter-settings" on Windows?
Because then the screen turns black and tells that it doesnt support this resolution.

Maybe, but i dont know, there are other possibilities to use the 120hz mode on the computer as well since the monitor is actually able to show this resolution?
Anyone any ideas?

Otherwise, of course, it just doesnt support it. But since I am not sure about all of this, maybe you can tell me.
01-13-2017, 12:38 AM
Hey ToastyX. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am currently using a Vizio E552VLE Television as a monitor. I have already pushed the television successfully to 120HZ.

The problem I have is that once I overclock the tv, I lose all audio. I have tried using different audio outputs but to no avail. I use HDMI for audio and video from my system. If I use Radeon Relive I can overclock to 95hz max and still keep audio.

I have tried to enable the hdmi audio block but I still receive nothing.

Please help meh bro!!!!!

Just some info:
R9 290x video card
Vizio E552VLE
01-13-2017, 01:30 AM
(01-12-2017 04:52 AM)Nebula Wrote:  Hey guys I'm sure this has been answered before. when trying to Overclock my Qnix qx2710 I used the Latest Crimson Driver 16.12.2 and the AMD/ATI patch. I had the monitor set to 100 hz Stable on my old GTX card. when I set it to 100 hz in CRU and restarted it it just flashed RGB when it booted back up. I was able to put my old card in and Clean install AMD drivers and its fine now. well anyway im just a bit whery to do any overclocking again. let me know if there is something I could do better.
I did read through the CRU page and followed it as best I could.
Are you sure the driver was patched? The QNIX is very easy to overclock because it will accept pretty much any timing parameters, but if the driver isn't patched, it might choose a lower resolution that the QNIX can't display. Use restart.exe instead of rebooting so you can press F8 if you can't see the screen.
01-13-2017, 01:34 AM
(01-12-2017 09:24 AM)Reineke Wrote:  Did I correct when I just used the CRU and added a resolution of 1080p@120hz and then tried to choose this one in the "adapter-settings" on Windows?
Because then the screen turns black and tells that it doesnt support this resolution.
If you can choose 120 Hz in the refresh rate settings, then CRU is working and the monitor probably doesn't support 120 Hz input.
01-13-2017, 01:34 AM
(01-13-2017 12:38 AM)billycarter86 Wrote:  Hey ToastyX. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am currently using a Vizio E552VLE Television as a monitor. I have already pushed the television successfully to 120HZ.

The problem I have is that once I overclock the tv, I lose all audio. I have tried using different audio outputs but to no avail. I use HDMI for audio and video from my system. If I use Radeon Relive I can overclock to 95hz max and still keep audio.
What timing parameters did you use? Try the "LCD native" timing option. "LCD standard" at 120 Hz does not have enough horizontal blanking for the audio data.
01-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Hi guys, I have a peculiar problem here. I have a 1280x1024 monitor that I'm trying to do a custom 1440x1152 resolution on. Over VGA (using an adaptor on the GPU's DVI port), it works well. But when I switch over to the monitor's DVI port (on the same GPU DVI port as above), the monitor says 'Cannot display this video mode'. What gives?

Additionally, I have another 1280x1024 monitor running well at 1440x1152 over DVI-I. When I use the DVI-D port, it gives an permanent 'input signal out of range' message, while displaying the image just fine behind it. Any ideas why?