NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
05-07-2020, 08:21 PM
RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
(05-07-2020 05:10 PM)popqwzz Wrote:  So, I ran the patcher, everything's fine, all found, did it, rebooted, control panel is gone, driver doesn't work, help, I do think it's because of valorants anticheat, vanguard, please help me! Sad
Run the patcher again to unpatch. I can't do anything about vanguard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2020, 11:06 PM
I have the exact same issue with Valorant. It probably matches the driver files to known checksums and fails because the driver is patched. This is something we have to:

1 - Talk to Riot to allow modifications in certain known non-malicious areas of the driver.

or

2 - Talk to Nvidia to make the clock limits a configurable option on the Nvidia control panel, instead of having to patch the driver.

There's nothing to be done on the patcher side.
05-13-2020, 03:49 PM
Hello
I have a problem with waking up from sleep using DVI dual link, a Shimian QH270, and a GTX 1070.
When i resume my system from sleep it doesn't display correctly, it displays only a fraction of the image with some random colorful lines flickering about, after some time it starts to display more and more of the full image until it is working correctly, or if I switch it from the overclock (100hz) to 60hz then it works perfectly at 60hz and i can then change it back to the overclock.

Have I set something my cru settings, is this a known issue or limitation?
05-13-2020, 06:54 PM
(05-13-2020 03:49 PM)rubenmoniz Wrote:  Hello
I have a problem with waking up from sleep using DVI dual link, a Shimian QH270, and a GTX 1070.
When i resume my system from sleep it doesn't display correctly, it displays only a fraction of the image with some random colorful lines flickering about, after some time it starts to display more and more of the full image until it is working correctly, or if I switch it from the overclock (100hz) to 60hz then it works perfectly at 60hz and i can then change it back to the overclock.

Have I set something my cru settings, is this a known issue or limitation?
Sounds like an issue with the monitor. I don't remember the Shimian being overclockable.
05-22-2020, 12:01 AM (Last edited: 05-22-2020, 11:27 AM by ars3nic)
(02-19-2019 01:51 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-19-2019 02:57 AM)gran172 Wrote:  Screen goes black and says no signal, probably because I'm exceeding the 150MHz pixel clock limited stated by CRU (The pixel clock limit should be much higher after applying the patch, right?).
The limit is 165 MHz pixel clock, but it should send a dual-link signal beyond that, which the monitor probably can't handle without the patch. "LCD reduced" keeps the pixel clock from going above 165 MHz at 74 Hz. It sounds like there might be another limit that only affects RTX cards. Does your RTX 2060 have a DVI port or are you using an adapter?

Old quote I know, but I just bought a 2060 Super with a DVI port (EVGA 08G-P4-3067-KR) and I'm running into the same issue. Using a Catleap monitor that I've been running at 120hz for 5 years (using an R9 290X, your ATI patcher, and CRU) and the same dual-link DVI cable.

Before installing the new card I removed the custom profile from CRU and uninstalled the AMD drivers. After I installed the card I installed the latest Nvidia drivers (445.87), successfully patched all of the values, and restarted. I then added a new profile via CRU, but the monitor just goes black (but backlight on, so the monitor is not losing/refusing the signal) if I try to apply anything above 60hz -- even 80hz, which falls below the stock 330mhz limit, does not work. Same behavior if I use Nvidia Control Panel instead of CRU to create the custom resolution.

I'm about to try the 442.50 driver since that's what you stated for this patcher version, but do you have any other ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: Same behavior with 442.50. I just tried 70hz, which at least sends something to the display but flickers like hell, while 71mhz and higher are black. Also same behavior using "LCD Reduced" in CRU.

EDIT #2: Well, if I run DDU, restart, reinstall 445.87, patch values, and use Nvidia Control Panel to create the custom resolution, it works....exactly once. If I restart the computer, it goes back to the same behavior and Windows starts with that monitor blacked out and won't show anything other than 60hz until I run DDU and do the whole process again.
05-24-2020, 09:15 PM
Anyone have any ideas?
05-24-2020, 11:42 PM
Honestly it sounds like either the port is single-link or there's a bug in the driver. You shouldn't need the patch if you use the NVIDIA control panel, but you should install this to make sure games can see the higher refresh rate: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...-inf-files
05-25-2020, 12:57 AM
(05-24-2020 11:42 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Honestly it sounds like either the port is single-link or there's a bug in the driver. You shouldn't need the patch if you use the NVIDIA control panel, but you should install this to make sure games can see the higher refresh rate: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...-inf-files

Yeah I'm guessing it's a driver issue too, since it works immediately after DDU and driver reinstall. I'm upgrading mobo/CPU/RAM this week and will be doing a fresh install of Windows, so I'll see how it behaves then. Thanks!
05-27-2020, 08:11 AM
Update: it's working properly now after a full Windows reinstall, no patching necessary as you mentioned. Thanks!
06-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Hi guys, I would just like to mention that if you play on FACEIT, their AC now blocks patchers - Here is a thread from someone facing the same issue as me with this patcher -https://www.reddit.com/r/FACEITcom/comments/gzx6vq/faceit_ac_now_blocks_atikmdagsys_amd_pixel_clock/

Also, would like to point out that the first time I tried running this patcher, it worked perfectly no problems, but as soon as FACEIT AC updated, I restarted my PC and I had a device manager issue with my NVIDIA card saying maybe corrupted file and my resolution was very low and stretched. I reinstalled my NVIDIA driver using DDU and a de-bloated NVIDIA driver (442.74 which I was using previously) and everything was fine again. I tried re-patching with this tool and upon restarting, it did the same thing which I can't understand why? I thought FACEIT ruined the patcher.exe at first, but I re-downloaded it from this website to test it again and with no luck it no longer works for me. It just gives me the same low stretched resolution with the error in the device manager.

Any help guys would be grateful!