NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
08-04-2021, 12:44 PM (Last edited: 08-08-2021, 05:44 AM by bmq)
RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
Hello Toasty.

I have some data for you. Maybe its considered here or not. I also had a "Highest measured interrupt to process latency" about 24.000.
Could it be anything to do with your patcher?

https://imgur.com/a/2mIhVAo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2021, 06:58 PM
(08-04-2021 12:44 PM)bmq Wrote:  I have some data for you. Maybe its considered here or not. I also had a "Highest measured interrupt to process latency" about 24.000.
Could it has been anything to do with your patcher?
No, the patcher only makes simple changes to pixel clock limits.
10-09-2021, 11:01 PM (Last edited: 10-09-2021, 11:11 PM by helvetica)
@ToastyX : Allow me to move here our dialogue on Patreon, it may benefits someone someday Smile

Helvetica

Quote:(...) I need a serious support after I totally screwed up my GC or monitor after I played with NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher and CRU. (...)

I'm not at home for a few weeks, so I bought an Asus PB278QV monitor for my needs, as a graphic designer. I plugged it through HDMI on my older GTX260. Then I got a 1920x1080 resolution instead of its native 2560x1440 resolution. Nothing to do, the problem is surely the HDMI output of the graphic card and I do not have, and can't get, a DVI cable.

I got the idea to use your PCP and CRU's utilities, hoping it may solve the problem. I did it following carefully your instructions, on Win10, updated Nvidia drivers and stuff. Then I got a nice "HDMI No signal" message, anyway all is screwed up. I rebooted in Recovery mode then reseted and restarted still following your instructions to revert it all. After hours of tweaking, I'm now writing to you from a 1200x800 resolution, Nvidia and monitor's drivers uninstalled , after tried everything I could.

If it helps, here a screenshot of the current status of CRU : imgur.com/ODjwTtv

ToastyX

Quote:(...) When exactly did you start getting the "No signal" message, after using the patcher or after using CRU? The patcher requires a 400-series or newer GPU. It has no effect on 200-series GPUs, so that shouldn't have done anything. What did you change with CRU? Running reset-all.exe in safe mode and rebooting should have reset anything done with CRU. You can also try using DDU to completely remove the NVIDIA driver, which will also reset all monitors: wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu

DDU worked fine, thank you very much for your help ! What I did :

1. Downloaded the last drivers from NVidia website
  2. Rebooted in Safe Mode, disconnected from internet
  3. Selected "Clean & Reboot" option
  4. Rebooted in Normal mode then launched Nvidia Installer
  5. Approx. after 20s, the screen gone black and... I got a beautiful blue "HDMI No signal" message...
  6. Waited about 3-4mn (the installer may be paused, stuck or running slowly), still black screen/No signal...
  7. Fortunately, I found in the meantime in the basement a crappy old 27" Samsung monitor
  8. Connected the HDMI cable, then Hooray, I finally got an image ! The installer was apparently stuck.
  9. Reconnected to my Asus, all is working fine now...

But I'm still stuck in 1920x1080 instead of the native 2560x1440 resolution. I assume now that the HDMI output can't handle such resolution, even at a lower frequency (I tried at 60 and 50Hz). If you have any idea how to resolve the problem, I would be very grateful Smile

Take care, Helvetica.
12-06-2021, 08:12 PM (Last edited: 12-06-2021, 08:17 PM by MARSHALL)
thank you
guys ihave a big problems Sad
When i test in Windows 11 with asus 3060 12gb vga and asus vg289q1a monitor unfortunately i encounter a blue screen error and the system restarts, and after windows comes up the graphics card driver is disabled so please help me because i like to use it in windows 11 as well
actually i have another problem in windows 11 and in device manager instead of the name of the monitor (asus vg289q1a) the name ( Generic PnP Monitor )is written Sad
this is also the monitor driver link (( https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%2...Driver.zip ))

[Image: marshall.png]
12-06-2021, 08:25 PM
(12-06-2021 08:12 PM)MARSHALL Wrote:  thank you
guys ihave a big problems Sad
When i test in Windows 11 with asus 3060 12gb vga and asus vg289q1a monitor unfortunately i encounter a blue screen error and the system restarts, and after windows comes up the graphics card driver is disabled so please help me because i like to use it in windows 11 as well
actually i have another problem in windows 11 and in device manager instead of the name of the monitor (asus vg289q1a) the name ( Generic PnP Monitor )is written Sad
this is also the monitor driver link (( https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%2...Driver.zip ))
I don't understand what you're trying to use the patcher for. That monitor does not need the patcher. "Generic PnP Monitor" is normal unless you install the monitor driver, but you don't need a driver for the monitor to function. The driver only changes the name and installs a color profile.
12-24-2021, 09:52 PM
Quote:NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher modifies the NVIDIA video driver to allow higher resolutions and refresh rates by removing the 165 MHz pixel clock limit for single-link DVI and HDMI, the 330 MHz limit for dual-link DVI, and the 400 MHz limit for SLI and 400/500-series GPUs.
1. Can you please explain what exactly this means? i have Fermi. At latest driver i can set custom resolution on NVIDIA control panel with 330Mhz and litle bit more - without PATCH

2. FullPatch broke HDCP. also... explain please. I open Control panel and go to HDCP section. It show HDCP work fine. so...what is broken?
3. Sli limit patch. What is it?
12-25-2021, 03:09 AM
(12-24-2021 09:52 PM)mycop Wrote:  1. Can you please explain what exactly this means? i have Fermi. At latest driver i can set custom resolution on NVIDIA control panel with 330Mhz and litle bit more - without PATCH

2. FullPatch broke HDCP. also... explain please. I open Control panel and go to HDCP section. It show HDCP work fine. so...what is broken?
3. Sli limit patch. What is it?

1. The 330 MHz limit for dual-link DVI only affects EDID overrides and not NVIDIA control panel custom resolutions. The 165 MHz single-link DVI and HDMI limits also only affect EDID overrides. The patch also raises the 165 MHz single-link to dual-link switchover on DVI ports to 230 MHz to allow higher pixel clocks with single-link DVI monitors. That affects both the NVIDIA control panel and EDID overrides.

2. Are you able to play HDCP content such as Netflix? HDCP might be fine now, but I don't know when that changed. I remember it being a problem with Windows 7 and older drivers.

3. When SLI is enabled (multi-GPU rendering), the pixel clock is limited to 400 MHz unless the driver is patched. That affects both NVIDIA control panel custom resolutions and EDID overrides. The limit was removed in newer drivers after Fermi support was dropped. There's another 400 MHz limit that only affects Fermi GPUs unless the driver is patched, which also affects both the NVIDIA control panel and EDID overrides.
12-27-2021, 10:36 AM (Last edited: 12-27-2021, 10:37 AM by bluberries32)
Hi

I have a GTX 750 (GM107 chip - no displayport) and I'm contemplating buying an UHD display.

Since this card only up to HDMI 1.4, UHD resolution is only possible with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.

If I use Pixel Clock Patcher to alleviate clock limits would it allow me to use 3840x2560 with full RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 over HDMI?
12-27-2021, 02:51 PM
(12-27-2021 10:36 AM)bluberries32 Wrote:  I have a GTX 750 (GM107 chip - no displayport) and I'm contemplating buying an UHD display.

Since this card only up to HDMI 1.4, UHD resolution is only possible with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.

If I use Pixel Clock Patcher to alleviate clock limits would it allow me to use 3840x2560 with full RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 over HDMI?
No.
12-27-2021, 10:31 PM
(12-27-2021 10:36 AM)bluberries32 Wrote:  Hi

I have a GTX 750 (GM107 chip - no displayport) and I'm contemplating buying an UHD display.

Yes. You can. But 4.4.4 capabale only with 24-30 Hz
https://tomverbeure.github.io/video_timings_calculator
Here you can check, timing. But...actualy you dont need it. 750 will able do it auomaticaly when you set 30hz for example.