NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
04-07-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
(04-07-2014 09:50 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 09:44 PM)cusco Wrote:  How can I tell if it worked? Lol sorry for being a noob. I also went into the NVIDIA and did a custom profile in there also. And about the moniter driver should I download it and install it?
If it worked, you should be able to set the refresh rate. If you're using CRU, don't add the custom resolution using the NVIDIA control panel. Either use CRU, or use the NVIDIA control panel, not both. You only need the monitor driver if you're using the NVIDIA control panel.

So go into nivida control pannel delete the custom profile and click the regular 2560x1440 and leave it at 60hz? And just use the CRU? Then go to the desktop monitor setting and select the 96hz? Lol or just delete CRU and download the driver and use the nvidia control pannel?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 10:32 PM
(04-07-2014 10:04 PM)cusco Wrote:  So go into nivida control pannel delete the custom profile and click the regular 2560x1440 and leave it at 60hz? And just use the CRU? Then go to the desktop monitor setting and select the 96hz? Lol or just delete CRU and download the driver and use the nvidia control pannel?
If you use CRU, 96 Hz should be available in both the NVIDIA control panel and the Windows monitor settings, so you shouldn't need to add it using the NVIDIA control panel. If it's not showing up, make sure you followed the workaround for GeForce Experience. If it still doesn't work, then you need the patch.

If you want to use the NVIDIA control panel instead, make sure to run reset-all.exe first to remove any changes you made with CRU. Then add the custom resolution using the NVIDIA control panel and install the monitor driver using the Device Manager. You don't need the patch with the NVIDIA control panel.
04-07-2014, 11:43 PM
(04-07-2014 10:32 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 10:04 PM)cusco Wrote:  So go into nivida control pannel delete the custom profile and click the regular 2560x1440 and leave it at 60hz? And just use the CRU? Then go to the desktop monitor setting and select the 96hz? Lol or just delete CRU and download the driver and use the nvidia control pannel?
If you use CRU, 96 Hz should be available in both the NVIDIA control panel and the Windows monitor settings, so you shouldn't need to add it using the NVIDIA control panel. If it's not showing up, make sure you followed the workaround for GeForce Experience. If it still doesn't work, then you need the patch.

If you want to use the NVIDIA control panel instead, make sure to run reset-all.exe first to remove any changes you made with CRU. Then add the custom resolution using the NVIDIA control panel and install the monitor driver using the Device Manager. You don't need the patch with the NVIDIA control panel.

Thanks for the help toasty. I'll reset and delete CRU and download the driver to just use the Nvidia control pannel.
04-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Hi guys.

I used the 1.2.5 version and even though SL-DVI/HDMI was not patched, I am still able to OC my old 60Hz monitor (a Samsung XL2370) to 77Hz over DVI-D. Does that mean that the monitor actually has a DL-DVI port? I thought that it being a 60Hz monitor, it would be using SL-DVI.
04-08-2014, 08:29 AM
(04-08-2014 07:49 AM)RealNC Wrote:  I used the 1.2.5 version and even though SL-DVI/HDMI was not patched, I am still able to OC my old 60Hz monitor (a Samsung XL2370) to 77Hz over DVI-D. Does that mean that the monitor actually has a DL-DVI port? I thought that it being a 60Hz monitor, it would be using SL-DVI.
The "SL-DVI/HDMI limit" only applies to single-link DVI and HDMI ports on the video card. Most NVIDIA cards only have dual-link DVI ports, so that limit wouldn't apply in this case.

The "SL limit on DL-DVI" affects single-link DVI connections on dual-link DVI ports. It controls the point where the DVI port switches from single-link to dual-link operation.
04-08-2014, 09:11 AM
(04-07-2014 09:53 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 07:33 AM)PFS Wrote:  Hi Toasty.
I tried the 1.25 and 1.24 patcher with 331.40 and everything works fine but any other recent driver and i still get the freeze that i showed you is the Deus ex video that i uploaded. I get this with every game.
There is a new nvidia driver coming tomorrow the 337.50. Hopefully this new driver and your fixes will work better than the previous otherwise its back to 331.40.

Something has changed as everything was working fine for t he last 16 months but in the last 2 months im getting this freezing when running at 100hz as i explained earlier.

You still haven't clarified exactly when the problem happens. The SLI limit is supposed to be 400 MHz, but you said the problem was happening below that. If that's the case, then you're having a different problem that nobody else has reported.

If you were hitting the SLI limit, the problem should only happen if the pixel clock is greater than 400 MHz. If you're having the problem below that, then I need to know the exact the pixel clock where the problem starts happening to figure out if this is a limit that could be patched. So far you've given me different answers, which makes this hard to figure this out.
Well i used the 1.25 patcher with the 337.50 driver and im getting no freezing this time around in Deus ex or any other game. Whatever Nvidia did well they fixed my problem which is good!
Im glad thats been put to rest.
04-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Wink RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
hey toasy excellent work as usual . thanks
04-21-2014, 08:50 PM
I have a GTX 670 which has DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI, and Displayport. I have one QX2710 monitor OCed to 120Hz, and I want to buy two more and OC them too. I believe both DVI ports are dual-link, so that shouldn't be a problem for overclocking. But for the third monitor, would I be able to plug it into the HDMI port with an adapter and OC it to 120Hz (given that the monitor can achieve 120Hz)? I don't want to get a displayport adapter that has a high pixel clock because they are expensive, and I can't find any that claim to have a high enough pixel clock to reach 120Hz. My current monitor has a pixel clock of 459.54MHz at 120Hz.
04-22-2014, 09:55 PM
(04-21-2014 08:50 PM)hutt132 Wrote:  I have a GTX 670 which has DVI-D, DVI-I, HDMI, and Displayport. I have one QX2710 monitor OCed to 120Hz, and I want to buy two more and OC them too. I believe both DVI ports are dual-link, so that shouldn't be a problem for overclocking. But for the third monitor, would I be able to plug it into the HDMI port with an adapter and OC it to 120Hz (given that the monitor can achieve 120Hz)?
No, the only way to get 120 Hz with those monitors is with dual-link DVI. With NVIDIA, you can use a second video card to connect more monitors while using SLI.
05-03-2014, 04:25 PM (Last edited: 05-03-2014, 10:04 PM by VAL)
Hi Toasty!

I'm new to the forum and would first like to thank you for the work you do. I have used your software/patcher for my new X-Star DP2710 monitor. I am using two 780 Ti KingPin Editions in SLI, if I read correctly I only needed to use the normal patcher - not the full - and to also only use the Nvidia Control Panel and not CRU. Either way that is what I did and I was able to successfully overclock my monitor to 119hz. At 120hz only a few horizontal green lines were appearing and the only adjustments I made were to the Total Pixels and the two boxes above it, I changed Horizontal to 2620 and Vertical to 1448, I changed the default F.P. from 3 to 1 and default S.W. from 5 to 1. Either way I kept getting the tiniest of occasional horizontal green lines - and I mean occasional, but they were there. I don't know what else to change so I simply lowered it to 119hz and it has been running great for extended gameplay. I would love to get it up 1 more hz but I know it's not completely necessary.

I have only two simple questions:

1) Is there anything you suggest that I can do to get it up one more hz successfully?

2) How can I be sure that it is truly at the 119hz or hopefully 120hz at all times? For example when I am playing a game or not and that it is not switching back down.

Thanks for your time! Big Grin