NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
02-25-2013, 05:39 AM
RE: NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher
I'm using a DVI/HDMI adapter on the graphics card. I used to use a miniHDMI cable but that broke.

And yes, driver issue purely related to nvidia's new pixel clock overclocking feature. I'm going to install the newer 314.09 drivers and do some more testing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
New driver out, can you get compatibility going?
03-27-2013, 03:18 AM
What do you mean? It should work with 314.22.
03-29-2013, 01:30 PM
(02-25-2013 05:39 AM)Mangix Wrote:  I'm using a DVI/HDMI adapter on the graphics card. I used to use a miniHDMI cable but that broke.
I finally got a chance to test a monitor with HDMI, but I'm still not seeing the problem. When I disable the extension block, it gets treated as DVI and works as expected regardless of how I connect the monitor to the video card. I tested both HDMI to HDMI and DVI to HDMI.
03-31-2013, 12:30 AM
Hey everyone! Got an issue here..

I posted over at the Overlord forums, and they directed me here.

So here's whats going on. I have successfully patched my monitor and am running at a stable 2560x1440 110Hz. I recently purchased Bioshock Infinite. Every time I try to run it while the monitor is patched, it will immediately stop working, even if it is running at default 60Hz. I unpatched everything, and restart, and the game will magically work again. This is only happening with Bioshock, though. I have re-patched everything, to see if it was a one time situation, but alas, the game stops working once again. I currently am running unpatched once again, until I can find a fix, or finish the game.

Any help until then would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
04-01-2013, 12:10 AM (Last edited: 04-01-2013, 12:13 AM by Ninjawithagun)
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums, so please understand that my knowledge base may be a bit weak at this time. The reason for my post is that I recently purchased an Overlord Tempest X270OC monitor and have been using the 1.1.3 version of ToastyX's pixel patcher in order to allow for the monitor to run at 120Hz. All was fine until NVidia released their latest driver version 314.22. It was after this driver update that I began to experience issues trying to play back Blu ray movies. Cyberlink PowerDVD12 Ultra will not allow for me to playback Blu ray movies and gives me the error code 0122 which is for failure for HDCP between the graphics card and monitor. Once I uninstall the pixel patcher, HDCP content playback works I can watch Blu Ray movies just fine, but 120Hz refresh rate will no longer work properly and my mouse and keyboard inputs continue to freeze every few seconds. When I reinstall the pixel patcher, 120Hz refresh rate works perfectly, but rebreaks Cyberlink's HDCP content playback.

So, my question is if ToastyX is aware of this problem and if he is working on a 1.1.4 patch to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide me. And yes, I would donate again to ToastyX's PayPal account if he were to develop another patch :-)
04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
(04-01-2013 12:10 AM)Ninjawithagun Wrote:  All was fine until NVidia released their latest driver version 314.22. It was after this driver update that I began to experience issues trying to play back Blu ray movies. Cyberlink PowerDVD12 Ultra will not allow for me to playback Blu ray movies and gives me the error code 0122 which is for failure for HDCP between the graphics card and monitor. Once I uninstall the pixel patcher, HDCP content playback works I can watch Blu Ray movies just fine, but 120Hz refresh rate will no longer work properly and my mouse and keyboard inputs continue to freeze every few seconds.
I assume you're using SLI because you mentioned the freezing issue. I don't know how you got it working before. HDCP has never worked with the SLI-supported patch. It's not something I can easily fix.

One workaround is to use the HDCP-supported patch at 96 Hz instead, but if you're not using CRU, you don't even need the patch to get 96 Hz with 314.22.
04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
(03-31-2013 12:30 AM)jojomexi Wrote:  I have successfully patched my monitor and am running at a stable 2560x1440 110Hz. I recently purchased Bioshock Infinite. Every time I try to run it while the monitor is patched, it will immediately stop working, even if it is running at default 60Hz. I unpatched everything, and restart, and the game will magically work again. This is only happening with Bioshock, though. I have re-patched everything, to see if it was a one time situation, but alas, the game stops working once again. I currently am running unpatched once again, until I can find a fix, or finish the game.
It sounds like a game issue, but I haven't heard of that game having trouble with higher refresh rates.

The patched driver by itself shouldn't affect games. The game may be trying to run at 110 Hz even if you set it to 60 Hz. What happens if you leave the driver patched but remove the 110 Hz custom resolution?
04-04-2013, 04:44 AM (Last edited: 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM by Ninjawithagun)
(04-01-2013 12:12 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 12:10 AM)Ninjawithagun Wrote:  All was fine until NVidia released their latest driver version 314.22. It was after this driver update that I began to experience issues trying to play back Blu ray movies. Cyberlink PowerDVD12 Ultra will not allow for me to playback Blu ray movies and gives me the error code 0122 which is for failure for HDCP between the graphics card and monitor. Once I uninstall the pixel patcher, HDCP content playback works I can watch Blu Ray movies just fine, but 120Hz refresh rate will no longer work properly and my mouse and keyboard inputs continue to freeze every few seconds.
I assume you're using SLI because you mentioned the freezing issue. I don't know how you got it working before. HDCP has never worked with the SLI-supported patch. It's not something I can easily fix.

One workaround is to use the HDCP-supported patch at 96 Hz instead, but if you're not using CRU, you don't even need the patch to get 96 Hz with 314.22.

ToastyX, thanks for the response. The problems that I identified in my post occurs even when SLI is not enabled. I just tried to playback a Blu ray movie just now with SLI disabled and receive the error code = 0122 from the PowerDVD software. COD BO2 plays just fine with the monitor set at 120Hz with both SLI disabled and enabled. So, it looks like I will have to just put up with a bit of inconvenience until a future Pixel Clock Patcher version is released that might fix this issue or a future Nvidia driver update fixes the issue on its own. For now, the only solution for my setup is to uninstall the Pixel Clock Patcher in order to watch Blu ray movies and then reinstall it when I am ready to game at 120Hz -OR- use the alternate solution you provided and use the HDCP patch at 96Hz. I will try it out and let you know if it's an acceptable solution.

*UPDATE* I just found a simple solution. I own a copy of Slysoft's AnyDVD HD software and enabled it before starting up a Blu ray movie with the Cyberlink software. The Slysoft software overrides the HDCP signal between the graphics card and monitor and thus allows Blu rays to play on non-HDCP compliant displays...like the X270OC monitor. I am now able to playback Blu ray movies regardless of refresh rate and whether or not SLI is enabled, and with the Pixel Clock Patcher installed. I'm not sure if there is other software out there that can provide a similar capability, but for now the Slysoft software provides me with a working solution. I am also able to play COD BO2 @ 120Hz with this solution :-)
04-24-2013, 03:30 PM (Last edited: 04-24-2013, 03:30 PM by Euphemon)
Word of warning, I think 320.00 beta driver breaks the patcher and/or CRU. When I updated the driver, some of the values weren't found, and I couldn't use the Nvidia control panel to reach some of the overclocks I've reached before. Also, CRU didn't work at all.

(But, I could also just be an idiot, so...)