Panasonic Viera TV + standard display adapter = 64Hz, Nvidia driver flickers
04-30-2020, 04:58 PM (Last edited: 04-30-2020, 05:03 PM by piaskoon)
Panasonic Viera TV + standard display adapter = 64Hz, Nvidia driver flickers
Hello! I'm a user of a 32" Panasonic Viera TX-32LXD65F TV (hd-ready) screen connected to Nvidia GTX 960 using a DVI (dual link, with audio) to HDMI converter high speed cable.

When using Standard display adapter driver from Microsoft I get 64 Hz refresh with clean picture. When OC-ing my TV using CRU (or Nvidia control panel) on Nvidia display driver, I get screen flickering which "lives its own life" (picture shakes like if it was desync-ed?), whatever refresh rate I choose exluding standard 50, 59 and 60Hz. The same happens when underclocking my TV (below 60Hz, say 58Hz). I used to try all combinations/variants of settings, both, in CRU and Nvidia control panel. I also used to try to connect a laptop with AMD and Intel GPU (TV connected using standard HDMI cable) and also got flickering, similar to my desktop's nvidia.

A question to ToastyX: what could be the problem in my case? I would even appreciate proper 64 Hz CRU timmings from You, if You could somehow guess what they should be like. Thank You in advance.

I have uploaded 8 photos to flickr.com, so that You could see how this TV behaves under 64 Hz CRU overclock and 99 Hz CRU overclock and see clean 64 Hz picture on standard display adapter driver (UFO test as a proove).
Flickering

.bin  dspinfo.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 307)

I also used to export my TV's EDID using (I hope thats OK) Monitor Asset Manager.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2020, 07:22 PM
RE: Panasonic Viera TV + standard display adapter = 64Hz, Nvidia driver flickers
Microsoft Basic Display Adapter always lists 64 Hz. Usually it's actually 60 Hz. The UFO test just goes by what Windows reports.
05-01-2020, 07:17 AM
RE: Panasonic Viera TV + standard display adapter = 64Hz, Nvidia driver flickers
Ok, thank you for explanation, so no OC form my hardware :/