Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
02-01-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
(01-31-2014 10:38 PM)AuraMix Wrote:  When I use Lightboost with Strobelight, I noticed my Brightness of my monitor is halved and I tried to max out Brightness but I didn't any luck. Any reason to this? and my Monitor is Asus 248QE
That's normal. When the monitor is strobing, the backlight is only on for a fraction of the time, which reduces the brightness. LightBoost monitors are not capable of high brightness when strobing, so the brightness setting has a limited range in LightBoost mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Does anyone know where I can get strobelight beta3 for download? Beta4 is not working for me but beta3 worked perfectly. Thank you
02-02-2014, 11:31 PM
(02-02-2014 09:48 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  Does anyone know where I can get strobelight beta3 for download? Beta4 is not working for me but beta3 worked perfectly. Thank you
What problem are you having with Beta 4?
02-02-2014, 11:49 PM
When I click the brightness nothing happens so strobelight is not working. Usually when I start SL it puts the lighbulb icon in the task bar. I right click it and select 100% and boom works perfectly. Now it doesn't work when i click the brightness. BTY I have a XL2720T.
02-03-2014, 12:56 AM
(02-02-2014 11:49 PM)circusdevil Wrote:  When I click the brightness nothing happens so strobelight is not working. Usually when I start SL it puts the lighbulb icon in the task bar. I right click it and select 100% and boom works perfectly. Now it doesn't work when i click the brightness. BTY I have a XL2720T.
Beta 4 didn't change anything that would cause that. The only reason that would happen is if the installed refresh rates aren't taking effect. Have you tried reinstalling the refresh rates and rebooting? Are the installed refresh rates available in the Windows screen resolution settings? What video card do you have?
02-03-2014, 01:51 AM
I never had to install custom refresh rates. I just right clicked the icon set it to 100% brightness and it worked perfectly all the time until I started using beta4. I just kept the refresh rate at 120 stock. When I used beta3 and set the brightness to 100% it was perfectly smooth. I keep my games at a quality to keep 120 fps 95% of the time. So everything was beautiful before. I have a Power Color 7970 @ 1200/1500. I didnt do anything different except change to beta4. BTY thanks for helping
02-03-2014, 06:39 AM
You're not using the program correctly. You must run the setup program and install a strobed refresh rate for LightBoost to function. I don't know how the brightness setting ever worked for you in the first place.

The only thing that changed in Beta 4 is it waits for the desktop to be available on startup to avoid refresh rates not being found. Beta 3 should not make a difference: https://www.monitortests.com/old/strobelight-beta3.zip
02-03-2014, 09:18 AM (Last edited: 02-04-2014, 01:54 AM by digger55)
Hi
Thanks so much for your program, love it, just wondering if it will work with the new Mantle 14.1 driver released today ??? I will give it a go anyway

*** update *** Works Fine getting good fps constant on High Settings BF4 Lightboost kicks in no worrys
02-03-2014, 05:10 PM
OK, Now I'm trying to use the program correctly. When I initialize the monitor and reboot the monitor has a pink purple tint to it. I liked it before when all I had to do was just click brightness the it would just darken the screen a bit and enjoyed the smooth motion. Why did the color change? Is what I was doing before replicable? Because I liked it the simpler way. Thanks
02-04-2014, 11:44 PM
When does Display Intialization happen? I updated my nvidia drivers and had to reinstall strobelight beta4 but when I restarted my machine I never got the initialization windows and everything was working properly. I'm just curious if that's normal?