AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
12-11-2020, 11:47 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(12-11-2020 11:13 AM)muertebay Wrote:  ToastyX i have a question... i modded a 470 to a 570... i unistalled driver.. intalled driver and before restart pc i install de patch... i reboot but i have the mesagge "No amd graphics driver installed...."
Sounds like the mod is not compatible with your card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2021, 11:30 PM
First of all thx a lot for this post you helped me out a lot!

I have a small question though for after these steps I took:

1 Tried to install the official Radeon Adrenaline software driver (the recommeded one) for my RX570.
2 It failed and I recieved a 43 error code in device manager
3.I then ran the Ati Pixel clock patch and all Limits were found so I click yes.
4. I waited and I got a message that everything was revert back to the orginal.
5 I rebooted my comp and the error 43 message was gone as Windows installed AMD drivers.
6. I then tried to install the Radeon Adrenaline Drivers but they fail and then my 43 error is back.
I tried everything, eventually I re-opened the ATI pixel clock patch and all limits were set again! I ran it again, reboot and the error is gone again.

Why does installing the Radeon Adrenaline drivers make the error 43 come back and set back the limits aswell? Can I not install the Radeon drivers or what do I do wrong. Can you please help me?

Thx for everything you do!
01-09-2021, 11:47 PM
(01-09-2021 11:30 PM)Fakkel Wrote:  Why does installing the Radeon Adrenaline drivers make the error 43 come back and set back the limits aswell? Can I not install the Radeon drivers or what do I do wrong. Can you please help me?
This is a driver patch. You have to run the patcher after installing the driver. Any time you install a new driver, it will remove the patched version.
01-09-2021, 11:58 PM (Last edited: 01-10-2021, 12:00 AM by Fakkel)
Thx for the quick reply! My radeon Adrenaline drivers fail with a error in the middle of the installation, but normally I should just be able to ran the patch again after this installation, and have a fully working 570 with the newest official drivers, correct?

The error says it has to do with, C++ packages or Regedit error. Mmm...

And what about this https://youtu.be/z3QIiMJjv7w would you recommend this or should I stick to your patch, either way. If I can just get it to take the official Radeon driver again including the app I would be so happy..
01-10-2021, 02:37 AM
(01-09-2021 11:58 PM)Fakkel Wrote:  Thx for the quick reply! My radeon Adrenaline drivers fail with a error in the middle of the installation, but normally I should just be able to ran the patch again after this installation, and have a fully working 570 with the newest official drivers, correct?

The error says it has to do with, C++ packages or Regedit error. Mmm...

And what about this https://youtu.be/z3QIiMJjv7w would you recommend this or should I stick to your patch, either way. If I can just get it to take the official Radeon driver again including the app I would be so happy..
You should try to flash the original firmware back so you won't need the patch. Normally you would run the patch after the driver installation completes. The installation shouldn't fail. The C++ error doesn't sound related to the BIOS. Try installing the latest runtimes with this: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vis...ll-in-one/
01-12-2021, 12:43 AM
ok, today i pledged Wink

its not much, but adds up over the years Wink
02-14-2021, 10:00 AM
something strange, I tried this utility many times and it never worked for me, I tried both on nvidia and on amd
and I tried it at different times on different video cards for at least 5 years, initially I tried to overclock the monitor, but now in 1 week I have 2 cards changed 5500xt I sold it and now I wanted to flash rx480 with another BIOS and to disable signature verification the driver needs ati patcher and it did not help as the patch after the reboot the driver does not start. even atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe which patches a lot less does not start, and then I remember the story that this utility has never worked for me not on nvidia not on amd not on win 7 and win 10 want to understand why this is? what could be the problem ? I also disable HPET
I want to know what files the patcher replaces how it works, what to understand why it does not work for me ?
02-15-2021, 03:22 AM
(02-14-2021 10:00 AM)betajib Wrote:  something strange, I tried this utility many times and it never worked for me, I tried both on nvidia and on amd
and I tried it at different times on different video cards for at least 5 years, initially I tried to overclock the monitor, but now in 1 week I have 2 cards changed 5500xt I sold it and now I wanted to flash rx480 with another BIOS and to disable signature verification the driver needs ati patcher and it did not help as the patch after the reboot the driver does not start. even atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe which patches a lot less does not start, and then I remember the story that this utility has never worked for me not on nvidia not on amd not on win 7 and win 10 want to understand why this is? what could be the problem ? I also disable HPET
I want to know what files the patcher replaces how it works, what to understand why it does not work for me ?
What exactly are you using the patcher for? The patcher is for specific limits, mainly DVI and HDMI 1.x pixel clock limits, and it also bypasses the BIOS signature check for Polaris GPUs. If your card doesn't boot with a modified BIOS after using the patcher, then the BIOS is not compatible with your card. The patcher only modifies atikmdag.sys/amdkmdag.sys, which is the main kernel-mode device driver.
02-18-2021, 07:07 PM
everything is fine with the video card, I installed another windows 10 LTSB and ATI Patcher worked on it, so I don't understand why on my system on which everything is already set up and everything works as I should, the patcher does not work? but I need it for BIOS firmware timings and voltage
04-17-2021, 07:08 AM
Hi,
I have a question. Why doesn't the driver producer insert this patch in his own driver package?