AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
08-04-2019, 10:08 AM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
I have issue with patcher now, bot on win7 and win10.
I am using rx 470 4gb, and when install later drivers and patch it, after restart it goes to windows logo and then black screen.
I also tried doing it just with bios check but still same issue
Is there anyway to fix it, or do i need to flash back to original bios.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2019, 03:36 AM
(08-04-2019 10:08 AM)obeliskk1 Wrote:  I have issue with patcher now, bot on win7 and win10.
I am using rx 470 4gb, and when install later drivers and patch it, after restart it goes to windows logo and then black screen.
Did you have it working before? Does it work with an older driver?
08-08-2019, 08:37 AM
(08-07-2019 03:36 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-04-2019 10:08 AM)obeliskk1 Wrote:  I have issue with patcher now, bot on win7 and win10.
Did you have it working before? Does it work with an older driver?

It worked before when i patch it. Now it just stopped. I installed both older and new drivers (i was using ddu). I also flashed bios to original that i managed to found on internet. But as soon as i install drivers and even when i patch it, screen always goes black after windows logo.
08-08-2019, 06:05 PM
(08-08-2019 08:37 AM)obeliskk1 Wrote:  It worked before when i patch it. Now it just stopped. I installed both older and new drivers (i was using ddu). I also flashed bios to original that i managed to found on internet. But as soon as i install drivers and even when i patch it, screen always goes black after windows logo.
Are you getting a black screen with the original BIOS? That would indicate something is wrong with the card.
11-01-2019, 12:41 PM (Last edited: 11-01-2019, 12:54 PM by eelkir)
First of all thank you for making this great tool, been using it a couple of years to run 96hz on my QX2710 without problems.
However I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 3600x with a b450 mobo, and ever since then the patch seems to reset on startup.

I couldn't find this problem or a solution elsewhere, but after I restart I hear the windows disconnect and connect sound while my video driver presumably resets, screen going black. After that my OC is gone and when launching the patcher it says all limits are back. Using restart64 from CRU still works though.

Are you aware of any solution? thanks in advance

EDIT: Well you make one of these posts and suddenly end up fixing it in like 10 minutes, as far as I know turning off Windows Defender tamper protection has seemed to have fixed my problem :-). CRU and this patch are essential so to my PC so I very much appreciate your work!
11-01-2019, 01:12 PM
(11-01-2019 12:41 PM)eelkir Wrote:  First of all thank you for making this great tool, been using it a couple of years to run 96hz on my QX2710 without problems.
However I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 3600x with a b450 mobo, and ever since then the patch seems to reset on startup.

I couldn't find this problem or a solution elsewhere, but after I restart I hear the windows disconnect and connect sound while my video driver presumably resets, screen going black. After that my OC is gone and when launching the patcher it says all limits are back. Using restart64 from CRU still works though.

EDIT: Well you make one of these posts and suddenly end up fixing it in like 10 minutes, as far as I know turning off Windows Defender tamper protection has seemed to have fixed my problem :-). CRU and this patch are essential so to my PC so I very much appreciate your work!
Tamper protection is for protecting Windows Defender settings and shouldn't affect graphics drivers. Something is reinstalling the graphics driver. Maybe Windows Update is going nuts, but the patch doesn't affect the driver version, so that shouldn't happen. Just make sure you have the latest driver installed so Windows Update doesn't mess with it, and try using DDU if it happens again.
11-01-2019, 10:16 PM
(11-01-2019 01:12 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-01-2019 12:41 PM)eelkir Wrote:  First of all thank you for making this great tool, been using it a couple of years to run 96hz on my QX2710 without problems.

Tamper protection is for protecting Windows Defender settings and shouldn't affect graphics drivers. Something is reinstalling the graphics driver. Maybe Windows Update is going nuts, but the patch doesn't affect the driver version, so that shouldn't happen. Just make sure you have the latest driver installed so Windows Update doesn't mess with it, and try using DDU if it happens again.

It appears you are very much right, after using DDU it just reinstalls it on boot anyway, after turning the auto driver update feature off it, it no longer reinstalls it (for now). Thank you very much!
11-08-2019, 03:15 PM
Quick question: will this patch remove the 600 MHz limit that I'm currently seeing on this monitor?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
(11-08-2019 03:15 PM)Trendle Wrote:  Quick question: will this patch remove the 600 MHz limit that I'm currently seeing on this monitor?
No. Is that with DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0?

The range limits pixel clock must be a multiple of 10 MHz.
11-08-2019, 09:39 PM (Last edited: 11-08-2019, 09:45 PM by Trendle)
(11-08-2019 04:24 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-08-2019 03:15 PM)Trendle Wrote:  Quick question: will this patch remove the 600 MHz limit that I'm currently seeing on this monitor?
No. Is that with DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0?

The range limits pixel clock must be a multiple of 10 MHz.

Sorry for the delayed response; it's DP 1.2. I increased the pixel clock limit to 630 MHz, but it doesn't seem to be working because I can't apply anything that goes above 600 MHz. Huh