AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
07-17-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(07-17-2021 04:01 PM)myresolutionis Wrote:  I see, would you mind me asking then why the AMD driver and CRU doesn't accept that value when I can do the same thing with Nvidia (GTX 1080Ti) and it works just fine? I went even as far as trying identical settings

https://i.imgur.com/HJHtaQt.jpg

and NV accepted them just fine. Does NV automatically use that same extension block as you use in CRU when one enters these high values? Apologies if this question doesn't make any sense, I don't have much insight in this.

Also, one more...are there any implications to adding a resolution to an extension block?
CRU does accept the value if you use a DisplayID extension block. CRU is an EDID editor, and EDID detailed resolutions can't represent pixel clocks greater than 655.35 MHz, but DisplayID can. DisplayID detailed resolutions work the same way but allow higher values. NVIDIA and AMD custom resolutions are driver-specific functions and not related to the EDID at all. Also, don't use GTF because that increases the pixel clock and wastes bandwidth. Use CVT reduced blanking. If you're using DisplayPort 1.3/1.4, anything beyond 1080 MHz pixel clock will use 6 bpc color. AMD's driver might be rejecting anything beyond 1080 MHz. AMD's custom resolutions have also been known to reject resolutions that work fine with CRU.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2021, 06:24 PM
Actually, it looks AMD driver is invaliding G.Pixel clock when value crosses 650MHz. And even compared to NV settings, it looks to me like there is a bug, some old threshold. When I was trying to wrap my head around it a couple of weeks ago I have also reported it as a bug, but I have some doubts if it's ever gonna be fixed.

But anyway, I hail once again to CRU, this is a very powerful piece of software. I added a resolution to DisplayID 1.3, it seems it will accept the value (I don't have an access to my monitor right now, so I will test later). In any case, I will not be filling this thread with off-topic, I have reverted patcher's changes (I use HDMI 2.1).

Thank you very much for the help.
07-18-2021, 04:40 PM (Last edited: 07-20-2021, 01:58 AM by jorgeapp)
(07-17-2021 07:17 AM)ondemand Wrote:  Just remove C:\Program Files\AMD\WVR\OpenVR\bin\win64\driver_amdwvr.dll for temporary workaround.
Check path where you installed AMD Radeon Software.

P.S. This workaround breaks OpenVR.

Jesus thanks man it works! also it worth the update very smoth the new drivers!

*Edit* I notice the overlay features don't work at all (keybinds, metrics, etc... no matter what you do the option keep disabled) don't know if a driver problem or if its about delete that specific file.
07-25-2021, 06:53 PM
Hi, I basically signed up to reply saying that I'm facing the same issue described in the post above.

I have an ASUS RX560-O4G-EVO and installing any drivers newer than 21.5.2 and applying the patcher (in my case only VBIOS signature check bypass) most of Radeon Software's functions stop working, this includes Hotkeys, Metrics Overlay, Recording and Streaming.

Apart from the issues mentioned above, the drivers seem to load just fine and I can play games without issues.

My GPU has a modded VBIOS in order to unlock locked SPUs, going from 896 to 1024 SPUs, that's why I use the patcher.

If there's anything I can do to help just let me know, mainly just testing on Polaris (technically a Baffin chip) because it's the only GPU I have and I'm not experienced in programming nor reverse engineering the drivers.
07-27-2021, 02:52 PM
(07-25-2021 06:53 PM)blckbear Wrote:  Hi, I basically signed up to reply saying that I'm facing the same issue described in the post above.

I have an ASUS RX560-O4G-EVO and installing any drivers newer than 21.5.2 and applying the patcher (in my case only VBIOS signature check bypass) most of Radeon Software's functions stop working, this includes Hotkeys, Metrics Overlay, Recording and Streaming.

Apart from the issues mentioned above, the drivers seem to load just fine and I can play games without issues.

My GPU has a modded VBIOS in order to unlock locked SPUs, going from 896 to 1024 SPUs, that's why I use the patcher.

If there's anything I can do to help just let me know, mainly just testing on Polaris (technically a Baffin chip) because it's the only GPU I have and I'm not experienced in programming nor reverse engineering the drivers.

Just remove C:\Program Files\AMD\WVR\OpenVR\bin\win64\driver_amdwvr.dll for temporary workaround.

it is a temporary solution for radeon software to work
07-27-2021, 03:01 PM
(07-27-2021 02:52 PM)davidmza Wrote:  
(07-25-2021 06:53 PM)blckbear Wrote:  Hi, I basically signed up to reply saying that I'm facing the same issue described in the post above.

Just remove C:\Program Files\AMD\WVR\OpenVR\bin\win64\driver_amdwvr.dll for temporary workaround.

it is a temporary solution for radeon software to work

Thanks but Radeon Software works, what doesn't work is it's features as jorgeapp described after performing the workaround on his system.

Also, I don't have that file nor an OpenVR directory so that file is already not present thus I can't perform that workaround. Sad

I may try re installing drivers again (I did a clean install but anyways, doesn't hurt to try) and see if that file magically appears.
07-28-2021, 02:07 AM
I can't test anything right now, but your reports gave me enough information to figure out the problem. The control panel not opening and the features not working seem to be different symptoms of the same problem. Neither is caused by the actual modification of the driver itself. The problem is AMD moved some DLLs and is using the driver location to find them, but the patched driver is in a different location, so it's not able to load the DLLs. I already had a mechanism in place to make links to the original DLLs. I just needed to add the new ones.

Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/download/at...r-test.zip
07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
(07-28-2021 02:07 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I can't test anything right now, but your reports gave me enough information to figure out the problem. The control panel not opening and the features not working seem to be different symptoms of the same problem. Neither is caused by the actual modification of the driver itself. The problem is AMD moved some DLLs and is using the driver location to find them, but the patched driver is in a different location, so it's not able to load the DLLs. I already had a mechanism in place to make links to the original DLLs. I just needed to add the new ones.

Just tried this, and it seemed to work! Heck yeah!

Though I haven't fully tested anything yet. So far nothing is out of the ordinary, Stream&Record works, Overlays now work, AMD VCE is now detected on other programs.

Will edit this if anything breaks. Thanks alot!
07-28-2021, 02:39 PM
(07-28-2021 02:07 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I can't test anything right now, but your reports gave me enough information to figure out the problem. The control panel not opening and the features not working seem to be different symptoms of the same problem. Neither is caused by the actual modification of the driver itself. The problem is AMD moved some DLLs and is using the driver location to find them, but the patched driver is in a different location, so it's not able to load the DLLs. I already had a mechanism in place to make links to the original DLLs. I just needed to add the new ones.

Pretty fast fix!

From what I could test everything seems to work as intended now, Recording and streming, Hotkeys, Metrics Overlay, all working fine.

Thanks!
07-31-2021, 09:21 AM
I found a new problem, previously this didn't happen, I'm using driver 21.5.2, my VGA Rx 570 4GB mining edition, previously I could use instant replay, but now it doesn't work, anyone know the solution?