AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
07-30-2022, 11:38 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(07-26-2022 05:06 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-23-2022 11:29 PM)Mangix Wrote:  while this is a windows tool, have you looked into the open source amdgpu driver on linux? I'm currently overclocking by flashing the EDID. The highest I've gotten on my QX2710 monitor is 84.40Hz (pixel clock 339.999). I see there's code for > 340Mhz pixel clock but I can't really make sense of it.
I wanted to deal with Linux eventually, but not at this time.

For future reference: amdgpu with DC disabled has no pixel clock limit for dual link DVI. DC I believe limits it to 340MHz. Will test the latter somewhat soon.

I tried overclocking to 100Hz but the monitor errored with out of range error. No too sure why. The highest so far I've been able to do with my QX2710LED is

```
DTD 3: 2560x1440 99.736890 Hz 16:9 145.217 kHz 394.990000 MHz (640 mm x 360 mm)
Hfront 48 Hsync 32 Hback 80 Hpol P
Vfront 3 Vsync 5 Vback 8 Vpol N
```

I don't know if the limit is the refresh rate (less than 100) or the pixel clock (less than 395MHz). Haven't looked at the DRM code enough.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2022, 09:50 AM (Last edited: 07-31-2022, 09:51 AM by Mashiro)
(07-30-2022 09:38 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-30-2022 08:26 PM)Mashiro Wrote:  I am having issues with the digital signature of the drivers, is it normal when I go to GPU-Z and under Digital Signature it will show as "Unknown"? it should WQHL or Beta right? With that, I cannot launch Apex Legends with the applied patch. But with other EasyAntiCheat games, it works. The workaround I did was to remove the patch when I'm gonna launch Apex, then use the patch again after. No need to restart so that I can still have the benefit of the patch.

EDIT: Just read previous replies, it seems like there are issues with signing because of Windows 10. I'm on 21H2 Build 19044.1865 if it helps.
Their issue is with the dev build of Windows 11 not being able to sign the driver, which is not the same as your issue. I can't WHQL sign. Only Microsoft can. If unpatching without restarting works around the problem, then it's not a signing issue because the patched driver is still loaded until you restart the driver or reboot. Do you get an error message when launching Apex Legends with the patch applied?

Oh I see. Thanks for the heads-up.
That's the issue, Apex Legends just launch then after the splash screen of EasyAntiCheat nothing shows up, no error screen whatsoever. Even the main window of Apex does not show up. When I monitor it in the Task Manager, the memory usage of Apex is stuck around 255MB then it disappears.
07-31-2022, 11:51 PM
(07-31-2022 09:50 AM)Mashiro Wrote:  Oh I see. Thanks for the heads-up.
That's the issue, Apex Legends just launch then after the splash screen of EasyAntiCheat nothing shows up, no error screen whatsoever. Even the main window of Apex does not show up. When I monitor it in the Task Manager, the memory usage of Apex is stuck around 255MB then it disappears.
I installed Apex Legends and see the same problem. This has to be a bug in Easy Anti-Cheat or Apex Legends. Simply removing the driver file that's still loaded allows the game to load, so it must be crashing while trying to check the file. Any change to the driver file will trigger the problem, so it's not any particular change that's causing the problem. Signing the file without making any changes still allows the game to load, so it's not a code signing issue either. Making any change does break the WHQL signature, which is separate, but the problem still happens with non-WHQL drivers, so that's not the issue either. Even if Easy Anti-Cheat was trying to block the driver, that shouldn't cause the game to crash on load, and removing the driver file while the driver is still loaded shouldn't get around a block that easily.
08-01-2022, 07:51 AM
(07-31-2022 11:51 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-31-2022 09:50 AM)Mashiro Wrote:  Oh I see. Thanks for the heads-up.
I installed Apex Legends and see the same problem. This has to be a bug in Easy Anti-Cheat or Apex Legends. Simply removing the driver file that's still loaded allows the game to load, so it must be crashing while trying to check the file. Any change to the driver file will trigger the problem, so it's not any particular change that's causing the problem. Signing the file without making any changes still allows the game to load, so it's not a code signing issue either. Making any change does break the WHQL signature, which is separate, but the problem still happens with non-WHQL drivers, so that's not the issue either. Even if Easy Anti-Cheat was trying to block the driver, that shouldn't cause the game to crash on load, and removing the driver file while the driver is still loaded shouldn't get around a block that easily.

I taught so too, but when play other EAC games like Fall Guys, the game runs without any problem. I only encounter it with Apex which is pretty weird.
08-01-2022, 08:36 PM
(07-17-2022 02:55 PM)Mush256 Wrote:  Now it shows 0x80000003 on the first one.

(07-26-2022 12:14 AM)pyrorob Wrote:  i am having the exact same error as this guy, but on win 11 25163 +amd 22.6.1

I'm not sure how to fix this. I've added a self-sign option to the latest patcher to bypass the first method by renaming the file to atikmdag-patcher-self.exe, but this requires Windows to be in test mode, which you can enable/disable using this: https://www.monitortests.com/testmode.zip
08-04-2022, 05:05 PM (Last edited: 08-04-2022, 05:07 PM by brutal86vn)
Excuse me I have a problem. I have a gtx 1060 3gb exoc

[Image: 1060_exoc_galax_600px_4.png]

And it has a problems after installing driver.

[Image: 1.jpg]

I tried atimatikmdag patcher but it something happened:

[Image: 2.jpg]
08-04-2022, 05:56 PM
(08-04-2022 05:05 PM)brutal86vn Wrote:  Excuse me I have a problem. I have a gtx 1060 3gb exoc

https://www.galax.com/media/catalog/prod...00px_4.png

And it has a problems after installing driver.

https://img.upanh.tv/2022/08/05/1.jpg

I tried atimatikmdag patcher but it something happened:

https://img.upanh.tv/2022/08/05/2.jpg
First, this patcher is for AMD/ATI cards. Second, that message box is not from any recent version of the patcher, so where did you get the patcher? If you didn't get it from this site, then it could be malware. Third, the patcher is not for fixing problems with drivers. What problem are you trying to solve?
09-17-2022, 05:26 PM
If I dont use the patcher and manually set a custom resolution with refreshrate through amd software, it is saved, shows up in the settings but i cant use it from windows. However it can be selected from valorant in game but not other games.
I wanted to know more about what is happening here
09-18-2022, 02:54 PM
(09-17-2022 05:26 PM)Alexis_edios Wrote:  If I dont use the patcher and manually set a custom resolution with refreshrate through amd software, it is saved, shows up in the settings but i cant use it from windows. However it can be selected from valorant in game but not other games.
I wanted to know more about what is happening here
What monitor? What GPU? What resolution and refresh rate? DVI? HDMI? DisplayPort?
11-26-2022, 01:19 AM
master! can you please update the fix to be compatible with latest anermine/nimez mod v22.10.3?

[Image: UlLjqOgg_t.png]