AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
05-31-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
The BSoD seems to be triggered by the same protection mechanism that affects video acceleration, which means ANY change to the driver triggers the problem. If this change becomes permanent and I can't find a way to work around the problem, then 14.4 will become the last supported version for the patcher.

The current patcher can still be used with 14.6. The extra values it finds seem to be related to HDMI and shouldn't cause problems. I will release an update to fix the found values, but that won't help with the blue screens.

The blue screens can be avoided if you avoid all video acceleration. If the problem is happening when Windows starts, then you probably have something running on startup that uses video acceleration such as Skype. Skype doesn't seem to have a way to turn off video acceleration, so it can't be used with 14.6 if the driver is patched.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 08:03 PM
this sounds like terrible news for all qnix and other overclockable monitor users Sad
06-04-2014, 07:13 PM
This is terrible news.
I really "need" this nifty little patcher for my qnix full potential.
So far the quickfix is to roll back to 14.4 but the future looks much more dark.

I love what you've done so far Toasty and you've got my fullest respect for keeping this patcher up to date, I can only hope that you still want to try and keep this awesome tool alive.
06-05-2014, 07:42 AM
I think I have a workaround for the blue screens. Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.2.5.zip
06-05-2014, 12:22 PM
(06-05-2014 07:42 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I think I have a workaround for the blue screens. Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.2.5.zip

Thank you very much for your continued support and the new patch Toasty!.. I had know doubt that you would sort it out in the end! Idea Wink
06-05-2014, 01:47 PM (Last edited: 06-05-2014, 02:57 PM by jaylumx)
(06-05-2014 07:42 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  I think I have a workaround for the blue screens. Try this: https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.2.5.zip

Thanks dude

EDIT: I have rolled back to the 14.4 drivers and the 1.2.4 patch since i cannot use the 1.2.4 patch with the 14.6. Do not know what you did but the 1.2.4 patch totally resolved the blocky streamed video bug i have had for years as well as fix chroma-upsampling (what ever you call it) noticeable when videos contain red

Either way thank you for your efforts, it is much appreciated
06-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the patch toastyx. I did notice, that any time I use anything that encodes video using AMD app, it will crash the program. Not that I care, but it is definitely something with the new cats, and the patcher. Totally not a big deal as I just encode with something else, or go use the patcher restore when I encode.
06-10-2014, 03:18 AM
Is there a way to get the patch for 13.12whql. I think it was 1.2.3? Having an issue and want to use the older one to make sure its not related to the latest patch.
06-10-2014, 09:46 PM
(06-10-2014 03:18 AM)DeadlyDNA Wrote:  Is there a way to get the patch for 13.12whql. I think it was 1.2.3? Having an issue and want to use the older one to make sure its not related to the latest patch.
https://www.monitortests.com/old/atikmda...-1.2.3.zip

The latest patch should work the same way with 13.12 and older drivers.
06-11-2014, 08:46 PM
(06-05-2014 01:47 PM)jaylumx Wrote:  EDIT: I have rolled back to the 14.4 drivers and the 1.2.4 patch since i cannot use the 1.2.4 patch with the 14.6. Do not know what you did but the 1.2.4 patch totally resolved the blocky streamed video bug i have had for years as well as fix chroma-upsampling (what ever you call it) noticeable when videos contain red
I didn't change anything with 1.2.4. AMD changed something with video acceleration in 14.4, and this change is causing the blue screens in 14.6. 1.2.5 works around the problem by installing the video acceleration DLLs from 13.12 (14.4 didn't help). The workaround is only implemented with 14.6 and newer. 1.2.5 should work the same as 1.2.4 with 14.4 or older. Can you show me an example of what videos are affected by these problems?