AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
07-29-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(07-29-2014 01:41 AM)Bluesun311 Wrote:  I got it Toasty! It's stupid.

It really is stupid. It's not anything I ever considered. It's the plugin I use for scrolling with mouse wheel in chrome. I uninstalled that, installed Firefox and made it my default browser and then everything started to behave. I installed a wheel smoothing addon for Firefox and it works grand. I appreciate your reply very much toasty. It definitely helped. It got me started looking more closely at the other browsers and that led me to ditching chromium wheel browser. This has actually been vexxing me for months... And I suspect it may be related to the other problem I'm having with the r9 series. I can't get crossfire running with dx9. I recently got a hint from someone that it is because dx9 titles often use internet explorer to emulate 32bit apps but if you make chrome your default browser instead and you have chromium wheel smoother on... I think that's what it might be. I don't think the pixel clock patch or the timings are related at all.

But if you're curious. Try chromium wheel browser and make chrome your default browser.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Hey toasty. I am having an issue with the AMD gaming evolved app (shadowplay equivalent) when the values are patched. When they are not patched (60hz) it records just fine and recognizes it without an issue. With the values patched using your latest patcher it then says I have an invalid card and will not let me use it. I don't know if this is even something that can be fixed but I figured I would post this to see if you had any insight.

Here is the app http://raptr.com/amd
07-29-2014, 04:55 PM
(07-29-2014 02:45 PM)RequiemFiasco Wrote:  Hey toasty. I am having an issue with the AMD gaming evolved app (shadowplay equivalent) when the values are patched. When they are not patched (60hz) it records just fine and recognizes it without an issue. With the values patched using your latest patcher it then says I have an invalid card and will not let me use it. I don't know if this is even something that can be fixed but I figured I would post this to see if you had any insight.

Here is the app http://raptr.com/amd
I can't fix that. It's tied to the video acceleration, which never worked anyway and causes BSoDs with 14.6/14.7. It might work with 14.4 or 13.12, but I haven't checked. Bandicam should work for game recording with 14.6/14.7.
08-04-2014, 12:59 AM
I'm getting some heavy flickering when browsing after updating to the latest catalyst drivers. Not sure if it's the drivers themselves or the new patcher(s), but I had to revert back to 14.3 beta and patcher 1.2.5.

The flickering only occurs after applying toasty's patch and setting the refresh rate higher. I don't think it's an issue with the overclock/timings as I lowered my refresh rate from 105 to as low as 80 using automatic timings and the flickering was still there. Whereas with 14.3 and 1.2.5 I'm sitting comfortably at 105 with a perfectly smooth screen.

Can anyone guess why this is happening?
08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
(08-04-2014 12:59 AM)DrPhilGood Wrote:  I'm getting some heavy flickering when browsing after updating to the latest catalyst drivers. Not sure if it's the drivers themselves or the new patcher(s), but I had to revert back to 14.3 beta and patcher 1.2.5.

The flickering only occurs after applying toasty's patch and setting the refresh rate higher. I don't think it's an issue with the overclock/timings as I lowered my refresh rate from 105 to as low as 80 using automatic timings and the flickering was still there. Whereas with 14.3 and 1.2.5 I'm sitting comfortably at 105 with a perfectly smooth screen.

Did you try it at 80 Hz both with and without the patch? That should narrow down the problem. 1.2.7 should also work with 14.3.
08-05-2014, 04:15 AM
(08-04-2014 05:42 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 12:59 AM)DrPhilGood Wrote:  I'm getting some heavy flickering when browsing after updating to the latest catalyst drivers. Not sure if it's the drivers themselves or the new patcher(s), but I had to revert back to 14.3 beta and patcher 1.2.5.

Did you try it at 80 Hz both with and without the patch? That should narrow down the problem. 1.2.7 should also work with 14.3.

Just tried 80hz without the patch. Flickering is still there. Was even visible at 60hz! (although less prevalent).

So the drivers are the most likely culprit. What's strange is that there doesn't seem to be anyone else with the same issue when I google it. I'm running an r9 290 and a crossover 27 with an overlord PCB btw.
08-08-2014, 04:00 AM
Toasty,

Having an issue with the patcher and the newest 14.7 Beta drivers on Win 7 x64.

Once I patch the files, I can no longer watch videos (mp4s) in Chrome. I rip BD's and then use Chromecast to watch on the big screen. I get audio, but no picture.

Youtube also gets wonky if I go full screen. Audio will be there, but picture will just stop. As soon as I remove the patch, things start to work again. Any idea what the cause might be?
08-09-2014, 02:12 AM
Did you read the first post at all ?
08-09-2014, 04:23 AM (Last edited: 08-09-2014, 04:25 AM by M Diddy)
(08-09-2014 02:12 AM)MS-DOS Wrote:  Did you read the first post at all ?

I did. None of those seem to apply to my issue, which is why I asked.

Also, this is the first time I'm seeing this issue with Chrome. I was able to OC previously and not have a problem, so this is something new, at least to me.
08-11-2014, 02:16 AM
Found a "bug".

I tried this on both 14.4 and 13.12 drivers.

If you apply the pixel clock patch and then set custom resolutions with CRU, any GPU-accelerated app you drag to a secondary monitor results in dwm.exe using 10-15% of your CPU.

If you minimize the app or drag it to your primary monitor, it behaves normally.