AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
12-02-2014, 06:40 AM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Hello Toasty! Thank you making such awesome software. unfortunately I run into a problem, im currently using R9 290 and after I patched with ATIKMDAG patcher and reboot, the screen just froze. I didn't even get the chance to use CRU. Currently running at 60hz. I tested with both monitor that it wasn't the monitor fault. Something seems to be in conflict with the patcher. Everything ran fine immediately removing the patcher by restoring it. Any idea why?

Thank you for your time in reading this!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 02:54 PM
(12-02-2014 06:40 AM)justcre4tiv3 Wrote:  Hello Toasty! Thank you making such awesome software. unfortunately I run into a problem, im currently using R9 290 and after I patched with ATIKMDAG patcher and reboot, the screen just froze. I didn't even get the chance to use CRU. Currently running at 60hz. I tested with both monitor that it wasn't the monitor fault. Something seems to be in conflict with the patcher. Everything ran fine immediately removing the patcher by restoring it. Any idea why?
That's unusual. Did the patcher give any error messages? What monitors are you trying to use this with?
12-02-2014, 05:11 PM
(12-02-2014 02:54 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 06:40 AM)justcre4tiv3 Wrote:  Hello Toasty! Thank you making such awesome software. unfortunately I run into a problem, im currently using R9 290 and after I patched with ATIKMDAG patcher and reboot, the screen just froze. I didn't even get the chance to use CRU. Currently running at 60hz. I tested with both monitor that it wasn't the monitor fault. Something seems to be in conflict with the patcher. Everything ran fine immediately removing the patcher by restoring it. Any idea why?
That's unusual. Did the patcher give any error messages? What monitors are you trying to use this with?

There's no error message at all, I don't think it is the patchers fault. When launched, it say "found" for all the item listed. I am currently using QX2710. I tried using the patcher with ASUS VS278h and still does the same. So after an hour or so of trying different things, I manage to narrow down what might of caused the screen to freeze. It seems to be driver signature conflict because everything worked out after installing dseo13b, basically it turns my my PC into test mode so unauthorized driver can be installed without hassle. would you happen to know anything about driver signature? I'm not exactly fond of turning my PC to test mode ... thank you for your time again into reading this!
12-03-2014, 05:42 AM
(12-02-2014 05:11 PM)justcre4tiv3 Wrote:  There's no error message at all, I don't think it is the patchers fault. When launched, it say "found" for all the item listed. I am currently using QX2710. I tried using the patcher with ASUS VS278h and still does the same. So after an hour or so of trying different things, I manage to narrow down what might of caused the screen to freeze. It seems to be driver signature conflict because everything worked out after installing dseo13b, basically it turns my my PC into test mode so unauthorized driver can be installed without hassle. would you happen to know anything about driver signature? I'm not exactly fond of turning my PC to test mode ... thank you for your time again into reading this!
The patcher signs the driver. It should tell you if signing fails. What version of Windows are you running?
12-06-2014, 03:37 AM
I see in the description for this tool that the 165MHz pixel clock limit is removed for HDMI. However, I'm looking to push ~600MHz over HDMI to power a 4k screen with HDMI 2.0 at 60Hz.

Would this be a valid use of the tool? I have two R9 280x TOXIC cards.
12-06-2014, 04:32 AM
(12-06-2014 03:37 AM)xxx Wrote:  I see in the description for this tool that the 165MHz pixel clock limit is removed for HDMI. However, I'm looking to push ~600MHz over HDMI to power a 4k screen with HDMI 2.0 at 60Hz.

Would this be a valid use of the tool? I have two R9 280x TOXIC cards.
R9 280x cards can't handle pixel clocks that high with HDMI. I don't think any AMD card supports HDMI 2.0 speeds yet.
12-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Interesting, so Tahiti just doesn't have the hardware. This leads me to wonder about 480MHz, then, since 48fps is still pretty darn good for mouse movement and most games (and perfect for "faux-HFR" content).
12-06-2014, 05:42 AM
(12-06-2014 04:51 AM)xxx Wrote:  Interesting, so Tahiti just doesn't have the hardware. This leads me to wonder about 480MHz, then, since 48fps is still pretty darn good for mouse movement and most games (and perfect for "faux-HFR" content).
The driver has a 297 MHz limit, and the hardware can't go much higher than that.
12-09-2014, 06:05 AM (Last edited: 12-09-2014, 06:09 AM by brucethemoose)
Does the patcher work with the latest 14.12 "Omega" driver? Looks like a big update... *crosses fingers*

I'll give it a shot and see what happens. What could possibly go wrong? Big Grin

Also, I brought up the pixel-clock limit issues with an AMD rep awhile ago. Warsam supposedly forwarded it to the driver team, but I don't know if we'll ever get a fix Sad
12-09-2014, 10:33 AM (Last edited: 12-09-2014, 10:59 AM by aaa12585)
(12-09-2014 06:05 AM)brucethemoose Wrote:  Does the patcher work with the latest 14.12 "Omega" driver? Looks like a big update... *crosses fingers*

I'll give it a shot and see what happens. What could possibly go wrong? Big Grin

Also, I brought up the pixel-clock limit issues with an AMD rep awhile ago. Warsam supposedly forwarded it to the driver team, but I don't know if we'll ever get a fix Sad

Hey man, better to ask. Smile Appreciate your effort.

How is the clock-patcher with the update?

EDIT: Just installed. Values were all found and OC took. So far, so great. Will edit again if I find any issues!