AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
04-02-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(04-01-2015 04:42 PM)Balrogos Wrote:  Hey i have some questions Smile the overlock can goes bad when someone using VGA cable with DVI adapters? or just for alone VGA(d-sub) or it must be DVI HDMI or DP?
You shouldn't need the patch with VGA unless you're trying to go beyond 400 MHz pixel clock.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 02:57 PM
(04-01-2015 11:44 AM)mojobear Wrote:  Issue is when I then go into a game, my GPUs start to downclock at at any MHZ > 330....aka the normal limit for DL DVI. For me this is about 80 hz. If I try 85 hz....then the issue starts. Any thoughts of what I might be able to do? Could this be driver limitation?
I get the feeling this might be a driver issue related to CrossFire. Does this still happen with CrossFire disabled? Are you overclocking or overvolting the video cards at all or are they all running at stock?

(04-01-2015 11:44 AM)mojobear Wrote:  Also - noticed that eyefinity will reset itself back to normal desktop at any custom resolution, whereas 60hz it maintains previous settings after reboot/shutdown.
I don't know what can be done if the driver won't load the settings on boot. Does running restart.exe reload the previous settings?
04-03-2015, 12:46 AM (Last edited: 04-03-2015, 01:06 AM by mojobear)
Hey Toasty,

So figured out it is not related to OC, or crossfire, but eyefinity only with 7680 x 1440 at > 80 Hz.

Proof:
- New driver install including DDU
- Crossfire single monitor at stock, no OC - got all 4 gpus going up the expected clocks
- Crossfire eyefinity at 7680 x 1440 @ 120 hz - no OC, got downclocking of GPUs, not that severe but enough to feel stuttering
- Crossfire eyefinity at 7680 x 1440 @ 80 hz - no OC, no downclocking of GPUs
- Crossfire eyefinity at 4800 x 900 @ 120 hz - no OC, no downclocking of GPUs

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Thanks Toasty

(04-02-2015 02:57 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:44 AM)mojobear Wrote:  Issue is when I then go into a game, my GPUs start to downclock at at any MHZ > 330....aka the normal limit for DL DVI. For me this is about 80 hz. If I try 85 hz....then the issue starts. Any thoughts of what I might be able to do? Could this be driver limitation?
I get the feeling this might be a driver issue related to CrossFire. Does this still happen with CrossFire disabled? Are you overclocking or overvolting the video cards at all or are they all running at stock?

(04-01-2015 11:44 AM)mojobear Wrote:  Also - noticed that eyefinity will reset itself back to normal desktop at any custom resolution, whereas 60hz it maintains previous settings after reboot/shutdown.
I don't know what can be done if the driver won't load the settings on boot. Does running restart.exe reload the previous settings?

Toasty - to answer your second part - No when I run restart.exe, I do not get previous settings restored.
04-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Hello all,

Has the black screen while playing back videos been clarified yet? I have the same behavior when patching my drivers (tried both the latest official omega and beta).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZBJ7Z0Hmhc

Happens in Chrome, IE and WMP, not in Media Player Classic though which would make one assume it's the codecs, however if I restore the drivers all work fine.

Setup:
- QNIX Qx2710 Dual DVI
- 7950 Crossfire

Tried:
- Re install drivers (both beta and stable)
- Re install K-Lite codecs
- Run on a single card instead of crossfire
- Change refresh rates (problem persists on 60hz as well)
- Disable DTV-DVD

Any ideas?
04-07-2015, 02:49 PM
(04-05-2015 09:47 AM)s0crates Wrote:  Has the black screen while playing back videos been clarified yet? I have the same behavior when patching my drivers (tried both the latest official omega and beta).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZBJ7Z0Hmhc

Happens in Chrome, IE and WMP, not in Media Player Classic though which would make one assume it's the codecs, however if I restore the drivers all work fine.
That shouldn't happen if you disabled the Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoders. Are you sure you disabled the DTV-DVD video decoders and not the audio decoders?
04-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Yes but figured it out after having a second look, i preferred the dll ownership and renaming to .bak method, however I did it only in system32 and apparently should've done it in SysWow64 as well, my bad Smile Thanks for the help and the tool btw
04-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Big Grin RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Any luck Toasty with the issue I have? If its nothing you can fix thats okay too. Thanks for all your hard work

(04-03-2015 12:46 AM)mojobear Wrote:  Hey Toasty,

So figured out it is not related to OC, or crossfire, but eyefinity only with 7680 x 1440 at > 80 Hz.

Proof:
- New driver install including DDU
- Crossfire single monitor at stock, no OC - got all 4 gpus going up the expected clocks
- Crossfire eyefinity at 7680 x 1440 @ 120 hz - no OC, got downclocking of GPUs, not that severe but enough to feel stuttering
- Crossfire eyefinity at 7680 x 1440 @ 80 hz - no OC, no downclocking of GPUs
- Crossfire eyefinity at 4800 x 900 @ 120 hz - no OC, no downclocking of GPUs

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Thanks Toasty

(04-02-2015 02:57 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  

Toasty - to answer your second part - No when I run restart.exe, I do not get previous settings restored.
04-12-2015, 01:32 AM
(04-10-2015 04:22 PM)mojobear Wrote:  Any luck Toasty with the issue I have? If its nothing you can fix thats okay too. Thanks for all your hard work
I don't have a way of testing large Eyefinity resolutions, and I don't have R9 290 cards either. It doesn't make sense for the GPUs to clock down. That seems like a driver bug or possible hardware limitation.
04-19-2015, 03:12 AM
Well it must be a driver issue. With AMD 14.4 drivers, no issues. AMD pixel patcher + CRU allows me to game at 7680 x 1440 @ 120hz. Too bad most of the games I play DAI and now GTA V dont run with these drivers Sad

Just FYI for you toasty and anyone else that is interested

(04-12-2015 01:32 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 04:22 PM)mojobear Wrote:  Any luck Toasty with the issue I have? If its nothing you can fix thats okay too. Thanks for all your hard work
I don't have a way of testing large Eyefinity resolutions, and I don't have R9 290 cards either. It doesn't make sense for the GPUs to clock down. That seems like a driver bug or possible hardware limitation.
04-21-2015, 04:40 AM
(04-19-2015 03:12 AM)mojobear Wrote:  Well it must be a driver issue. With AMD 14.4 drivers, no issues. AMD pixel patcher + CRU allows me to game at 7680 x 1440 @ 120hz. Too bad most of the games I play DAI and now GTA V dont run with these drivers Sad
Try MSI Afterburner's UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2 and see if that forces the clocks to stay at full speed. That will also disable clocking down when idle though.