AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
04-26-2015, 07:55 PM (Last edited: 04-26-2015, 07:57 PM by brucethemoose)
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Just wanted to say the patcher (seemingly) works with the new 15.20 DirectX12/WDDM v2.0 driver.

I get a few glitches/hangs, but it's probably related to AMD's HDCP issue. I still haven't gotten an official response from the AMD reps, I might ask them again.

So on that topic... ToastyX, I'm trying to get AMD to fix the broken content protection issue. Is it OK if I specifically mention you and your patcher by name, or should I stay vague and just talk about the issue in general?

Also, thank you for all the hard work Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 10:30 PM
(04-26-2015 07:55 PM)brucethemoose Wrote:  So on that topic... ToastyX, I'm trying to get AMD to fix the broken content protection issue. Is it OK if I specifically mention you and your patcher by name, or should I stay vague and just talk about the issue in general?
That's up to you, but do you think they'll fix a problem that only happens when the driver is modified? They won't even remove the dual-link DVI pixel clock limit even though we've shown the hardware is capable.

There's also the issue where EDID overrides don't always load properly on startup with Windows 8.1 unless the driver is restarted, and some people are having Eyefinity issues with newer drivers. I wish AMD would fix those issues, but I don't know if people are reporting them.
05-05-2015, 07:23 AM (Last edited: 05-05-2015, 07:24 AM by brucethemoose)
(04-28-2015 10:30 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(04-26-2015 07:55 PM)brucethemoose Wrote:  So on that topic... ToastyX, I'm trying to get AMD to fix the broken content protection issue. Is it OK if I specifically mention you and your patcher by name, or should I stay vague and just talk about the issue in general?
That's up to you, but do you think they'll fix a problem that only happens when the driver is modified? They won't even remove the dual-link DVI pixel clock limit even though we've shown the hardware is capable.

There's also the issue where EDID overrides don't always load properly on startup with Windows 8.1 unless the driver is restarted, and some people are having Eyefinity issues with newer drivers. I wish AMD would fix those issues, but I don't know if people are reporting them.

Well the fact that it's a "feature" Nvidia cards have and AMD ones don't might get their attention. Both companies seems to be obsessed with feature parity... But it's a long shot since DL-DVI is an dying standard these days.

I brought the issue to Warsam71 many months ago, but he didn't really understand, as AMD apparently knew nothing about the overclockable 1440p monitor craze, and he didn't know anything about pixel clock limits Sad
05-06-2015, 02:21 AM
(05-05-2015 07:23 AM)brucethemoose Wrote:  Well the fact that it's a "feature" Nvidia cards have and AMD ones don't might get their attention. Both companies seems to be obsessed with feature parity... But it's a long shot since DL-DVI is an dying standard these days.
We tried that 3 years ago: http://120hz.net/showthread.php?100-AMD-...-2560x1440
05-15-2015, 02:08 AM
Does not seem to be working as expected with CRU. I added 3200x1800@47 resolution, but whenever I choose it in CCC, it resets refresh rate to 30, and that's what I see in my panel info. I have 7950 + Seiki 40 inch 4k TV + Windows 10
05-15-2015, 04:30 AM
(05-15-2015 02:08 AM)lostmsu Wrote:  Does not seem to be working as expected with CRU. I added 3200x1800@47 resolution, but whenever I choose it in CCC, it resets refresh rate to 30, and that's what I see in my panel info. I have 7950 + Seiki 40 inch 4k TV + Windows 10
I need to know what settings you used with CRU. You shouldn't need the patch to get 3200x1800 @ 47 Hz with HDMI on a 7950 unless the pixel clock exceeds 297 MHz, which it doesn't with "LCD standard" timing parameters. Make sure GPU scaling is disabled in CCC.
05-20-2015, 12:55 AM
This post is just purely informational. I was having issues with games periodically getting a checker board pattern (after a bit) for the past year and occasionally it also would crash my pc pretty hard... Was only specific games, and was mostly dx9 games ( in fact it might have exclusively been dx9 games), but it was something that happened frequent enough for me to avoid those particular games...

Anyway, I recently decided to no longer overclock my monitor and just use the AMD drivers unpatched to see what happens. Voila, no more crashes, no more instances of that checkerboard pattern.

So I think, maybe that exceeding the pixel limit (particularly in my case of using 3 290x's) can be a cause of instability.

Just thought I would throw that out there, on the off chance someone else is using more than 2 cards and overclocking their monitor.

The good news is, I can overclock it for the games I have no issues, and now I know the fix for the games that seem to have issues with it.
06-05-2015, 11:12 AM (Last edited: 06-05-2015, 11:18 AM by MojoW)
DVI/HDMI limit not found on this modded driver.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399743
It is supposedly the r9 300 preview driver.
But this driver rocks on GTA V with crossfire so could you take a look?

Edit: CRU does not work either on this driver.
It just doesn't add the new res/Hz while it shows under CRU.
06-06-2015, 11:57 AM
(09-07-2012 09:07 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Version 1.3.3 is compatible with Catalyst 11.9 to 15.4. It can be used with future versions if it finds all the limits.
I can confirm that it works for 15.5 beta too.
06-06-2015, 02:36 PM
(06-05-2015 11:12 AM)MojoW Wrote:  DVI/HDMI limit not found on this modded driver.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399743
It is supposedly the r9 300 preview driver.
But this driver rocks on GTA V with crossfire so could you take a look?

Edit: CRU does not work either on this driver.
It just doesn't add the new res/Hz while it shows under CRU.

Same here, can't OC my QNIX with these drivers, unfortunately Undecided